Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I actually have experienced something of the same, especially with regards to the keylogger and so on that is probably on your pc. In my case it was a former friend that simply couldn't deal with the fact that I didn't want to have a sexual relationship with him. He ended up installing a rootkit on my pc and well needless to say, my pc was completely ruined. The only difference was, was that he quit wow and thus didn't stalk me there, but did proceed to stalk me everywhere else. Get that pc cleaned out and try and get a restraining order before things get worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post
    It is, but if they prove the woman to be a raging psycho, I would hope they'd give custody to the man. Stalking seems a wee bit crazy to me.
    Well to be honest so far I haven't seen that much evidence of actual stalking in the sense of following him and harrassing him. In the op he only tells us how he got called out by his ex for playing and that he has some police report. We don't know why they seperated, we don't know the exact words that were exchanged, we don't know anything really. Of course if she really is delusional and claims he can only love her and all that nonsense, some judges might actually judge in his favor. Currently, looking up someones achievments on the various sites would be a very vague thing, its like looking up someone on facebook. You are the moron that decided to make your information public by giving it to that company or using a service you know full well will display that, I can't really see that as stalking in the actual sense, though it would depend on the country and the laws of said country.

The word in general is overused today: When my parents were in their 20's (and not married) and the weather used to be shit and my mother had to work late, my father would drive and pick her up from work unnounced, back than that was called caring and romantic. Nowadays for some you'd have already crossed the border or stalking.

But anyway, if she does indeed harass him (again something with a police report, so he seems to have reported it), he should go to the police and/or contact a lawyer. Only he knows what actually happend and has any real grasp on her mental state, well at least a better one than any of us. I guess many didn't even read the op to the end and juist skipped to the last few posts, because it seems like he only is interested in her no longer disturbing his play experience. I doubt blizzard is going to put in any effort to in to apply special rules for his account and the armory. The best thing he can do is get a restraining order and sue her out of his life if she keeps bugging him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    We don't know why they seperated, we don't know the exact words that were exchanged, we don't know anything really.
    We do, though...if you read through his replies in the thread. He said he left her because she was physically abusive to him. That's something else that I think a court should address...if she's physically abusive to her partner, what's stopping her from hitting her child?

That's just another strike against her as far as custody would go, I should hope. The bigger issue here is that he has a child with her and she's trying to use the child to manipulate him back into her life. He can't just get a restraining order and stop talking to her altogether if he needs to pick up his child from her to spend time with them, or be informed of what is happening in the child's life.

It's why I recommend he actually take her to court for custody and document every potentially nutty thing she does.

Deleted
    I know I've personally tried that and it still shows my alts, no matter what I seem to do.
    Weird... maybe it's different for some accounts for some reason. It works perfectly for me.

Deleted
    Even if Wowprogress allows you to block alt display, she may be able to track you down from http://www.guildox.com
    Your best option is to log into the game, and enable the option: Interface -> Display -> Display Only character achievements to others
    Enable this option on every single character you have.

The next step is to create a new charater of the same class as yours (on another server would be better)
    Level it to 10 or until the tracking sites are able to detect it.
    Verify that guildox and wowprogress with the new option enable weren't able to link it to any of your characters.
    Delete the character, transfer / rename your main toon to the same of the character you have deleted.

Hopefully those systems won't link you again.

I'd suggest this step of creating a lvl 10 character with the name you want and the same race, because on guildox my main "Meldon-Nemesis" is no longer linked to any of my other chracters, but "Kasumii-Nemesis" is being displayed as an alt of "Fookmey-Nemesis" and that character does not exist, it was a char rename....

why does it matter? :P just ignore her

http://static3.wikia.nocookie.net/__.../a/a7/Yuno.png

Does she look like this? Because if so, I feel very sorry for you ... But in all seriousness, Do you have any friends that she knows through you, because if she can use them to find you out you got yor answer, Also, contact blizzard, and call the cops
    Last edited by Styx1992; 2013-12-06 at 02:58 PM.

@Styx1992, PFtahah, Love the picture (So I recommend you downsize it before the mods get you! ..I think it's a bit too big )

But, ...uhm...ok, there are a multitude of choices you have.

1.Remove all viruses from your computer.
    2.Ignore her repeatedly
    3.# Profit
    4.Call Blizz.
    5.Call the Cops.

And what everyone else said.
    New season. Fun times.

" Who would of thought a small kid from Aberdeen, Washington, who was always labelled a B+ player, who would of thought that guy could of main evented Wrestlemania? Nobody. Nobody except ...you guys."

I know when I look myself up on wowtrack, I can see the other servers/names I've had on my main. It is a little creepy.

I would follow the advice you've already been given. Keep good records of all her emails and texts, contact the police, submit a ticket. Wipe that computer.

Good luck to you, that's a sucky situation to be in. And your poor kid, I can't imagine this situation is easy for the child you two share.

* I checked on one of my alts... that site shows my priest that I deleted, restored, moved and name changed. Ick.

Deleted
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha ...
    Aaaaaaaahhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhahahahahahahaha hahaha xd
    xd
    xd
    xd

- - - Updated - - -

''OH MY EX IS GONNA KILL ME QQ'' HAHAHAHAHA

- - - Updated - - -

''MY EX IS FOLOWING ME IN WOW SAYING I HAD NO TIME FOR HER T_T"

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Frd53vbCHLg

Infracted.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2013-12-06 at 03:38 PM.

Stood in the Fire ArMeD_SuRvIvOr's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taygete View Post
    I know when I look myself up on wowtrack, I can see the other servers/names I've had on my main. It is a little creepy.

I would follow the advice you've already been given. Keep good records of all her emails and texts, contact the police, submit a ticket. Wipe that computer.

Good luck to you, that's a sucky situation to be in. And your poor kid, I can't imagine this situation is easy for the child you two share.

* I checked on one of my alts... that site shows my priest that I deleted, restored, moved and name changed. Ick.
    How the hell do I protect myself from that site then? I don't want to be tracked. =/
    Really sucks if they start to limit their vision for an expansion just to get the next one out faster.
    BLOOD DPS. Never forget. Still campaigning to get you back, babe.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can relate, OP. My ex also stalks me still, she even made a character on my realm. She thankfully hardly ever contacts me anymore, but the last time she did it was borderline - she contacted someone i'm very close to now and she assumed I was intimate with now, basically trying to discredit me out of spite. Thankfully that person and myself are above such childish and petty things and we simply ignored it, but WoW stalking is a very, very real thing and it's sad indeed.

Your case seems far more extreme, you should really take any legal means available/affordable to you, that's creepy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klaxxar View Post
    I am glad I am not getting stalked by people.
    I'm so glad I'm single.

OT: She sounds... off... Anywho, I suggest NOT giving her access to well... anything of yours. Worst case scenario, put a restraining order! I know that she's only stalking you through the game (for now) but if it were to come to it, you can just block her out of everything.

Not sure if you diabled it, but on Wowprogress.com you can go in (if you have a user) and tick the box to hide your alts and transfers. Even if you're not a user you will still appear on the website if she looks you up.

10+ Year Old Account
    She might have your character's armory saved on her internet browser, like when she clicks on it she can see your armory character, and when you move from realm and change name, that might all change but i assume your page will remain the same.

That might be how she got track of you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

We do, though...if you read through his replies in the thread. He said he left her because she was physically abusive to him. That's something else that I think a court should address...if she's physically abusive to her partner, what's stopping her from hitting her child?

That's just another strike against her as far as custody would go, I should hope. The bigger issue here is that he has a child with her and she's trying to use the child to manipulate him back into her life. He can't just get a restraining order and stop talking to her altogether if he needs to pick up his child from her to spend time with them, or be informed of what is happening in the child's life.

It's why I recommend he actually take her to court for custody and document every potentially nutty thing she does.
    Ah there on the second page, didn't see this. That makes things even more complex though. Taking her kid away will not in any way contribute to her sanity I guess. In that case wow really would be the least of his problems by a country mile, because no one would know what she might do then. Given how she already exhibits tendency for violence I'm personally of the kind that believes being right is nice, but it helps you bugger all when the shit hits the fan. He definetly should contact a lawyer and talk about steps to get her as much out of his life as possible, not sure if they have places that help parents in his situation, in most countries these only exist for women, maybe a google search would be helpful there. That is of course if that is his actual concern, I've only seen him asking regarding wow, in which case starting from scratch is the only thing he can do.

Edit:
    Well maybe Blizzard would be willing to delete his achievments, I don't know any other case they did this though, but it's unlikely they would make that know to the general public. Its probably worth a try, but I wouldn't holdmy breath.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    She might have your character's armory saved on her internet browser, like when she clicks on it she can see your armory character, and when you move from realm and change name, that might all change but i assume your page will remain the same.

That might be how she got track of you.
    Seriously guys, if you don't know how this works you should not give advice. The link is static and does not leave behind a reference to the new character on another realm when you transfer, at least mine did not. Also all the account related tracking sides are nice, but it helps little when there are 10 other sites that have no such options. He also does not have to burn his tech in a fire ... seriously how inept are you guys wich tech. Formating or replacing the hard disk is more than enough in most cases and I doubt she has extensive technical knowledge on how to put a more serious worm in the uefi or some other permanent ram on one of the boards chips.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2013-12-06 at 04:13 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ArMeD_SuRvIvOr View Post
    How the hell do I protect myself from that site then? I don't want to be tracked. =/
    As I've said you should give a try to Interface -> Display -> Display Only character achievements

Those sites use achievements to track alts and thus track main from alts.
    If no alts can be linked to your main she won't find your main renamed / transfered character from one of your alts you've left behind.
    Make sure to enable this option on every character of yours.

You should give a try to the steps I've outlined here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post24111937

Quote Originally Posted by Mission View Post
    interesting read, but you also got the remember there is always 2 sides to a story.
    your only seeing one side.
    Actually there are always 3 sides to a story. Your side, my side and the truth!
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Good luck with that. It's hard for a man to win against a woman
    Wrong... it is MUCH easier now for this to happen. My ex has a job, house, doesn't drink, doesn't do drugs, and has custody of her 2yo son. However, I have primary custody of our 7yo daughter. How did I do this? I proved to the State of Florida that I am equally stable, and have more time off to spend with our daughter. I have final say on every major decision concerning our child. She had DCF on her side, and I had an average lawyer that specialized in family law.

Quote Originally Posted by Visage View Post
    Wrong... it is MUCH easier now for this to happen. My ex has a job, house, doesn't drink, doesn't do drugs, and has custody of her 2yo son. However, I have primary custody of our 7yo daughter. How did I do this? I proved to the State of Florida that I am equally stable, and have more time off to spend with our daughter. I have final say on every major decision concerning our child. She had DCF on her side, and I had an average lawyer that specialized in family law.
    You assume he is from the US? Well maybe he is, still does not guarantee that these cases always work out the same in other states, heck a diffrent judge in another town might already judge diffrently. But you are right that its far from impossible.