Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Worst ff ever.
    you spend most of the game taking orders
    enemies level up with you
    junction system is overly complicated
    DIE DRAW SYSTEM
    fights take forever

only real positive thing is tripple triad and they managed to screw that up by making it too complicated with different rule sets

10+ Year Old Account
    I might wait a bit to get this. Got State of Decay and Trine 2 on Steam a few days ago, still have to complete Trine 2. This will probably be my next investment on steam.

Quote Originally Posted by seta-san View Post
    Worst ff ever.
    you spend most of the game taking orders
    enemies level up with you
    junction system is overly complicated
    DIE DRAW SYSTEM
    fights take forever
    I agree with you on most points except Junction system. It and story (and maybe Triple Triad) are what still make it ok'ish FF. However it was one and only FF with legit gil duping, so when you discover it and learn to transmute... it is all about spending hours in UI and making stat boosters. Junctions become useful only for Status-effects (and Ultimecia could unjunction you all she-wants) :)

You forgot to mention GF summons, which took so long and had boost system (it is probably in your point "fights take forever"). Eden was such a long summon that you could maximize boost easily. In fact, summons were taking soooo much time and caused quite negative reaction of fanbase, so FF IX and X got option for shorter version of summons :)
    I hope they release FF9 sometime. I never owned that one and I've heard great things about it.
    FF IX is much closer to Classic FF feel + it has very colorful world and characters and, imo, some of the best soundtracks. It also has its own card system and some unusual side-quests. It is indeed great FF.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    FF IX is much closer to Classic FF feel + it has very colorful world and characters and, imo, some of the best soundtracks. It also has its own card system and some unusual side-quests. It is indeed great FF.
    Its my favorite, and i too hope they release it in Steam eventually.

I would buy tactics if they port it to pc

Deleted
    Easily my favourite Final Fantasy game. Thanks for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Insta-buy. One of the best FF games in terms of mechanics. Excellent gameplay.

Also, TRIPLE TRIAD.
    Never understood this sentiment, I thought FFVIII was absolutely horrible. To each their own, I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt I'll be buying it again, since I played the PS1 version to the death when it came out, but it is an all-time favourite of mine. So much to discover, such depth and scope, it was amazing indeed. Not sure why everyone moans about the draw system, since you had to level anyway and all the transmutation abilities the GFs had allowed you to create masses of spells relatively quickly anyway.

My favourite FF! Worth the price alone for triple triad imo!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zillionhz View Post
    By fiber be purged