Raidbots and disc priests

Simply, is raidbots accurate for the relative distribution of healers? I constantly see people complaining about disc priests being overpowered, yet when I see this http://www.raidbots.com/dpsbot/Spec_...00000000111111 that's not the case at all. Is everyone purely talking about 25m, where they are top? I honestly find it hard to believe that, since 10m out numbers 25 by 15:1 or something.

Deleted
    Cause people like to exaggerate. They don´t look at the whole picture, see a few statements and experiences and call it "overpowered".

The biggest thing, is that once a fight is on farm, or if you have too many healers, just based on the fact we have so many absorbs, the disc will be top on the fight if played right.

Saying they're simply overpowered and referencing logs when comparing to other healers doesn't quite get to the point. Absorbs, as a concept, are superior to throughput healing - reducing incoming damage compared to actual throughput to recover is simply better. Add in the ability to do damage to create absorbs and your class is at a significant advantage. When you're working on progress or farm, disc has utility that let's you adjust mechanics - trivializing deadly mechanics or providing enough extra dps to get through an enrage.

If that's not enough, then let's compare... (1) druid: throughput healer, (2) hpriest: throughput healer - swapping to chastise doesn't count as dps healing as you're limited to getting one or the other from casts, (3) hpally: significant number of absorbs, but doesn't bring dps, (4) MW: throughput with dps abilities that don't quite match up to disc dps, (5) sham: throughput healer

...so, an arbitrary value like 'spec score' doesn't quite bring utility to light, its a value akin to measuring dps concepts, not healing. If you're set on that 'spec score', adjust for the fact that a healing 'spec score' doesn't include dps components. Also, consider disc has a higher sample size for a reason and I'd conclude that if not overpowered, its more useful for the purposes of progression.

Quote Originally Posted by Nestar View Post
    The biggest thing, is that once a fight is on farm, or if you have too many healers, just based on the fact we have so many absorbs, the disc will be top on the fight if played right.
    And why does balance matter when a fight is on farm? All that demonstrates is which class has the best mechanics to pad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Smight View Post
    Saying they're simply overpowered and referencing logs when comparing to other healers doesn't quite get to the point. Absorbs, as a concept, are superior to throughput healing - reducing incoming damage compared to actual throughput to recover is simply better. Add in the ability to do damage to create absorbs and your class is at a significant advantage. When you're working on progress or farm, disc has utility that let's you adjust mechanics - trivializing deadly mechanics or providing enough extra dps to get through an enrage.

If that's not enough, then let's compare... (1) druid: throughput healer, (2) hpriest: throughput healer - swapping to chastise doesn't count as dps healing as you're limited to getting one or the other from casts, (3) hpally: significant number of absorbs, but doesn't bring dps, (4) MW: throughput with dps abilities that don't quite match up to disc dps, (5) sham: throughput healer

...so, an arbitrary value like 'spec score' doesn't quite bring utility to light, its a value akin to measuring dps concepts, not healing. If you're set on that 'spec score', adjust for the fact that a healing 'spec score' doesn't include dps components. Also, consider disc has a higher sample size for a reason and I'd conclude that if not overpowered, its more useful for the purposes of progression.
    I don't disagree with those concepts, but the problem arises in that what people believe to be overpowered is based on meter representation. Constantly the fact that discs are at the top is referenced, which is why I used raidbots as an example since they clearly are not according to it. That's what my question is. I'm not wondering what the opinion is of balance, just how accurate raidbots can be to determine raw HPS. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    And why does balance matter when a fight is on farm? All that demonstrates is which class has the best mechanics to pad.
    It's not padding. You seem to fall under the common misconception that HPS is the relative strength of a healer and that higher on the meter means better player/class.

In a raid encounter DPS is measured pretty much as a race where DPS sprint down the line and then when the person at the front "wins" (boss dies) then everyone is frozen in place and you can see who made it further.

Healing is completely different though. There is only a finite amount of damage done to be healed in a fight and as people gear up and get better at that fight the amount to be healed generally decreases. A raid that brings 8 healers who all heal for 100k HPS is not worse than a raid that brings 4 healers and heals up 200k HPS. For instance, as demonstrated by Paragon, a holy priest has one of the best healing output in the game and can solo heal one of the hardest (if not the hardest) encounter in the game. But, the strength of Disc is that it prevents a lot of damage before it happens so in the finite world of healing disc gets "first dibs" a lot of the time on the damage done which falsely boosts their HPS over other healers. And, that's also why in a raid with multiple disc priests they start to lose their effectiveness on meter humping.

But, the biggest thing to remember is that healing meters are stupid and are by no means an accurate representation of what makes a good healer. For instance some downs syndrome kid with only one hand could probably play a resto shaman on a stacked up fight and spam chain heal and healing rain and healing stream totem and be completely bad and bounce chain heal off of people with 100% hp each time and still top meters. So ya... meters are stupid and stop trying to compare healers based on parses.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Simply, is raidbots accurate for
    Let me stop you right there. It is not. Not accurate for dps performance, and it is utterly useless for healing performance. Whoever tells you otherwise has no clue about how healing works.