Thread: DPS mercs...

DPS mercs...

I need a bit of advice. Last time i had raided with a merc was Denova(explosive conflict). I rerolled and got to 55 over the weekend on a different server. My question to you guys are....how do you manage your heat? i found a few times i had to hit my week shot ( forget the name) a few times due to heat being an issue when i get to max and my cooldowns are still rolling like vent heat and(not at my home pc and forget the name of the skill that gives 2 heat free shots).

So how do you guys work it for a long fight?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm no expert of PvE raid rotations for Mercs, but I do know that every class has to mix in their "basic" attack and can't just rely on a rotation if big hitting specials. That being said, are you referring to the Arsenal or Pyro spec?

you just keep your heat regen high unless using a heat dump. its like an arcane mage in wow.

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    I'm no expert of PvE raid rotations for Mercs, but I do know that every class has to mix in their "basic" attack and can't just rely on a rotation if big hitting specials. That being said, are you referring to the Arsenal or Pyro spec?
    My apologies, yes i was referring to arsenal. Im good with the rotation and pop my heat dump on CD and my 2 heat free moves but i tend to cap out on heat in long fights that dont have any sort of intermission. Was thinking that i was doing something wrong ( which im sure i am lol). Also yeah i tend to throw in my basic attack every few moves to try to counter. Maybe i need to do it a bit more.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a nice guide over on the SWTOR forums that one of my friends keeps alive for Arsenal DPS.

However, I don't think much has changed since I played but if done right you can keep a sustained DPS rotation going without any sort of heat issues if you are weaving in Rapid Shots. Unload on CD/proc and just keep using Tracer as a filler. If your heat gets above 40 just Rapid Shots once or twice and go back to spamming. If your Vent Heat is almost off CD, that is your cue to just ramp up your heat as high as possible because you can just vent it out and be back to square one.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    There is a nice guide over on the SWTOR forums that one of my friends keeps alive for Arsenal DPS.

However, I don't think much has changed since I played but if done right you can keep a sustained DPS rotation going without any sort of heat issues if you are weaving in Rapid Shots. Unload on CD/proc and just keep using Tracer as a filler. If your heat gets above 40 just Rapid Shots once or twice and go back to spamming. If your Vent Heat is almost off CD, that is your cue to just ramp up your heat as high as possible because you can just vent it out and be back to square one.
    Yeah went there a day or two ago and read up a bit. Now im surprised how easy it is and how much more dps you can do with keeping it that low. Real easy to let it run away if you dont pay attention to it though.

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    Yeah went there a day or two ago and read up a bit. Now im surprised how easy it is and how much more dps you can do with keeping it that low. Real easy to let it run away if you dont pay attention to it though.
    believe it or not pyro has become the new merc dps spec to use. Its crushing arsenal numbers atm.