Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by yoloswagginz View Post
    i don't understand how ppl have reached the conclusion that destro is better than aff. they're not even comparable. Especially when you compare the top 5 percentile of aff to destro. The only fight where destro is better is paragons and galakras. http://www.warcraftlogs.com/statisti...lock&boss=1598 can see the stats here.
    You can't do that though. You are looking at guilds with 2-3 minute kills where you main DPS cooldown uptime is significantly higher and specs like affliction can roll retarded opening burst. Take these fights back down to average kill times and average players, and the gap is not what you see in that top percentile.

    Imm, where nobody in the raid except the lock AoE adds, Sha where nobody but the lock AoE adds, Nazgrim where you start off with 3m dps that you ride all fight...being chain fed tricks, trinket rng... there is just so much extra above standard kills when you look at top parses.

    Destro I feel is the most normalized spec between the 3. Its still dependent on opening burst, its still benefits from shorter durations... but the way you do dmg is not strictly front loaded to the degree of Demo and affs opening snapshot and is imo the most reliable pull to pull for the average player getting back into the class. The toolkit it brings is strong in all SoO fights.

  2. #22
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    europe
    Posts
    784
    Quote Originally Posted by yoloswagginz View Post
    i don't understand how ppl have reached the conclusion that destro is better than aff. they're not even comparable. Especially when you compare the top 5 percentile of aff to destro. The only fight where destro is better is paragons and galakras. http://www.warcraftlogs.com/statisti...lock&boss=1598 can see the stats here.
    yea for the life of me I cant understand why everybody on this thread praise destro as the best spec

    maybe thats true for LFR heroes ? idk i dont go there
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulzar View Post
    You can't do that though. You are looking at guilds with 2-3 minute kills where you main DPS cooldown uptime is significantly higher and specs like affliction can roll retarded opening burst. Take these fights back down to average kill times and average players, and the gap is not what you see in that top percentile.

    Imm, where nobody in the raid except the lock AoE adds, Sha where nobody but the lock AoE adds, Nazgrim where you start off with 3m dps that you ride all fight...being chain fed tricks, trinket rng... there is just so much extra above standard kills when you look at top parses.

    Destro I feel is the most normalized spec between the 3. Its still dependent on opening burst, its still benefits from shorter durations... but the way you do dmg is not strictly front loaded to the degree of Demo and affs opening snapshot and is imo the most reliable pull to pull for the average player getting back into the class. The toolkit it brings is strong in all SoO fights.
    wtf are u talking about? aff has the best parses even in percentiles as low as 40
    its just the best lock spec and also the best dps spec in the game
    Last edited by kamran; 2014-08-08 at 06:46 PM.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulzar View Post
    You can't do that though. You are looking at guilds with 2-3 minute kills where you main DPS cooldown uptime is significantly higher and specs like affliction can roll retarded opening burst. Take these fights back down to average kill times and average players, and the gap is not what you see in that top percentile.

    Imm, where nobody in the raid except the lock AoE adds, Sha where nobody but the lock AoE adds, Nazgrim where you start off with 3m dps that you ride all fight...being chain fed tricks, trinket rng... there is just so much extra above standard kills when you look at top parses.

    Destro I feel is the most normalized spec between the 3. Its still dependent on opening burst, its still benefits from shorter durations... but the way you do dmg is not strictly front loaded to the degree of Demo and affs opening snapshot and is imo the most reliable pull to pull for the average player getting back into the class. The toolkit it brings is strong in all SoO fights.
    its clear u dont know what your talking about so i'm gona stop. If you have questions message a top locks livestream or in game since clearly you're not going to get accurate information on this thread.
    Streaming high end lock, mage and warrior play in 1080p.http://www.twitch.tv/yoloswagins

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by yoloswagginz View Post
    its clear u dont know what your talking about so i'm gona stop. If you have questions message a top locks livestream or in game since clearly you're not going to get accurate information on this thread.
    he has a point tho, afflic is great on most fights but you cant deny that as your fellow raiders start to get better gear, increasing the raid dps, shortening the fight, then bring afflics gear scaling and pull burst into that and you'll end up with a higher average than you would on your first few kills of a boss, afflic more than any1 rides that pull burst all the way home, either way, no reason to be this douchy about some1 stating an opinion.
    Last edited by almara2512; 2014-08-08 at 07:56 PM.

  5. #25
    www.noxxic.com/wow/dps-rankings/realistic

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by yoloswagginz View Post
    its clear u dont know what your talking about so i'm gona stop. If you have questions message a top locks livestream or in game since clearly you're not going to get accurate information on this thread.
    Sounds like you have no counter argument to his points

  6. #26
    High Overlord Yuna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    149
    Aff is great, Destro is great, Demo is a bit behind on some fights but most fun in my opinion ^^

  7. #27
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    europe
    Posts
    784
    Quote Originally Posted by woodydave44 View Post
    www.noxxic.com/wow/dps-rankings/realistic

    - - - Updated - - -



    Sounds like you have no counter argument to his points
    so you proudly show a link where frost mage is the best pve spec and fire/arcane mage/combat rogue and afflock are the worst? go back to LFR kid

    Keep it civil please.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2014-08-08 at 08:30 PM.

  8. #28
    Bloodsail Admiral Liquidsteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    1,229
    Quote Originally Posted by kamran View Post
    so you proudly show a link where frost mage is the best pve spec and fire/arcane mage/combat rogue and afflock are the worst? go back to LFR kid
    He was likely just trolling, but your attitude is fucking horrendous anyway.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by kamran View Post
    so you proudly show a link where frost mage is the best pve spec and fire/arcane mage/combat rogue and afflock are the worst? go back to LFR kid
    You're right, lets try this one

    http://www.noxxic.com/wow/dps-rankings/maximum
    Last edited by woodydave44; 2014-08-08 at 08:29 PM.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by yoloswagginz View Post
    its clear u dont know what your talking about so i'm gona stop. If you have questions message a top locks livestream or in game since clearly you're not going to get accurate information on this thread.
    Lol, wow. Nice to meet you.

    Op is asking for spec advice and has not played since ToT and you are going to quote Heroic dps ranking for players with 50-80 ilvls higher gear. Some of these ranking are comparing an average of a few hundred parses to several thousand. The one you specifically linked (easily the best fight for Affliction in the zone) is averaging against a whopping 149 demo parses.

    You are correct that Affliction has the higher ceiling, but look at the swings...Top affliction parse is 3x as high as the average, vs destro. You toss 2.3mil dps parses into an average, its bringing it up. Your average player is not doing 2.3mil dps on Protectors.

    Drop down to normal, and the gap is not nearly as large, neither is the swing.

    I never said you were wrong. Lol, I didn't even disagree with you.. outside of the "not even comparable" aspect. Yes, in Heroic BIS gear, a raid full of Heroic BIS geared players, who have been farming the fights for a year... the potential is not comparable. But in the OP's gear, experience, and raid level.. they most certainly are comparable, and there is a reason Destro has 5x the representation in most cases.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulzar View Post

    Op is asking for spec advice and has not played since ToT and you are going to quote Heroic dps ranking for players with 50-80 ilvls higher gear.
    OP also asked these questions 8 months ago, so very likely this entire thread is moot.

  12. #32
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    europe
    Posts
    784
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulzar View Post

    I never said you were wrong. Lol, I didn't even disagree with you.. outside of the "not even comparable" aspect. Yes, in Heroic BIS gear, a raid full of Heroic BIS geared players, who have been farming the fights for a year... the potential is not comparable. But in the OP's gear, experience, and raid level.. they most certainly are comparable, and there is a reason Destro has 5x the representation in most cases.
    Cause its far easier to play ?
    Besides as I said, aff is still better than destro even in the shittiest percentiles. So you're basically spouting nonsense

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by britishbubba View Post
    OP also asked these questions 8 months ago, so very likely this entire thread is moot.
    This thread was necro'd by someone asking what the best glyphs for Destro are.

    For the guy who asked the question, destro glyphs are all pretty much situational but none really increase your dps significantly. Just go with whatever you like the best!

  14. #34
    Bloodsail Admiral Liquidsteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    1,229
    Quote Originally Posted by kamran View Post
    Cause its far easier to play ?
    Besides as I said, aff is still better than destro even in the shittiest percentiles. So you're basically spouting nonsense
    The mentality of Affliction being harder to play than Destruction is outdated. Both specs are 'easy', though I would concede that Affliction has a higher burden of knowledge to get properly into, and requires much higher levels of gear. Once you know what to do, Affliction is arguably easier and more faceroll than Destruction. And this is coming from someone who is mostly playing Affliction now and doing well with it.

    Certain people just get a hard on for thinking they're superior by playing Affliction because "all the LFR retards play destruction" but you make yourselves look like idiots.

  15. #35
    Moderator Alarinth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Defias Brotherhood
    Posts
    635
    Locking this thread, since it's lived way past it's expiry date, and the OP must've got his answers by now.
    ~ Battle.net MVP ~
    Warlock & Priest moderator
    Twitter
    Eagerly awaiting Overwatch...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •