Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    In ToT the green Hellfire animation covered up basically anything on the ground, which made certain effects on Horridon/Durumu/Megaera extremely hard to see, so many of us disabled it there. I just never bothered to switch mine back on.

Got bored of it. But now getting bored of orange fire again, might turn it back on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EvreliaGaming View Post
    In ToT the green Hellfire animation covered up basically anything on the ground, which made certain effects on Horridon/Durumu/Megaera extremely hard to see, so many of us disabled it there. I just never bothered to switch mine back on.
    At least you looked like a total badass with your green MF Hellfire while your melee died to poison puddles.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    And that's why Blizzard shouldnt care about petitions like the "wie need green fire!" one.
    You are right, but do pay attention to the fact We Need Purple and Black Fire!!!

I don't care about green fire, but I would love all spells being purple and black.

Blizz should care about it all; nothing wrong with more choice, more options, a return to class quests, etc. There is more to the game than just raiding for loots.

I have always wanted green fire, and I have mained a Destro lock since wrath. I will never switch back to orange fire, love the green fire its awesome. They said before the patch even came out that it would become easier to obtain over time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    You are right, but do pay attention to the fact We Need Purple and Black Fire!!!

I don't care about green fire, but I would love all spells being purple and black.

Blizz should care about it all; nothing wrong with more choice, more options, a return to class quests, etc. There is more to the game than just raiding for loots.
    I think they already went above and beyond with green fire and the other classes could use some love. Green fire is justifiable by lore which also gives it some credibility beyond "I want pretty colors".

It's still a pretty tough fight for the average player. Even in ilvl 520+ it still requires more coordination and awareness than the average player has.

Next xpac it will most likely be "faceroll" as the saying goes...

For everyone saying that the particle effects are the same and that there's not performance change, take a closer look at Hellfire. That's the #1 culprit right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    For everyone saying that the particle effects are the same and that there's not performance change, take a closer look at Hellfire. That's the #1 culprit right there.
    What's different?

I can't say I've noticed an FPS difference. The graphics look just like my orange hellfire to me, but green. Same projected texture, same puffs of fire. I used to get short fps stutters when using orange hellfire, although I think it started being noticeable in Cata or MoP.

Also, I can't find the employee quote right now, but I'm looking for the blizzard answer to this concern... just can't remember where/when I saw it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zargul View Post
    What's different?

I can't say I've noticed an FPS difference. The graphics look just like my orange hellfire to me, but green. Same projected texture, same puffs of fire. I used to get short fps stutters when using orange hellfire, although I think it started being noticeable in Cata or MoP.

Also, I can't find the employee quote right now, but I'm looking for the blizzard answer to this concern... just can't remember where/when I saw it.
    The blue fire in ICC used to cause massive performance dips all the way until Cata was released. I think people in this case remember this, experience an unrelated FPS drop in Mop content, and then blame the unnatural-colored fire, because it was the problem last time.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by MMO-Loser View Post
    It's still a pretty tough fight for the average player. Even in ilvl 520+ it still requires more coordination and awareness than the average player has.

Next xpac it will most likely be "faceroll" as the saying goes...
    That's probably when I'll wind up having to do it, on account of my having visual/coordination issues that means even at a ilvl over 515 I will probably find it difficult due to the fact I have trouble following all the smaller details like buff/debuff timers and such on my own.

Really, some sort of DBM thing for the fight would be ideal...
    "Let's see. There are monkeys that evolved into men and monkeys that didn't. Just as well, there are men that remained men and men that evolved into something else. Do you really think humans are the ultimate form of evolution? How arrogant."
    --Kakurine, Evil Zone for PS1

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosWolf View Post
    That's probably when I'll wind up having to do it, on account of my having visual/coordination issues that means even at a ilvl over 515 I will probably find it difficult due to the fact I have trouble following all the smaller details like buff/debuff timers and such on my own.

Really, some sort of DBM thing for the fight would be ideal...
    DBM does have timers and alerts for the fight. Neither of those will help you with the proper positioning or, in particular, the handling of the fel puppies phase. Unfortunately, if you have a true neurological or developmental impairment that makes this fight nearly impossible with available gear levels, you may just have to wait until you can not only outgear the encounter, but also outlevel it (WoD, level 100).

Even with a true handicap, however, you should be able to handle this encounter with a sufficient amount of practice. It's not so much about "following [...] details" as it is just memorizing a sequence of actions and practicing until you can follow that routine with little or no error (better gear equals greater allowable margin for error). Fun fact: when this encounter was still new, near the start of 5.2, a one-armed player completed it with an item level around 476. Some elitists make fun of "clickers"; that guy has no choice, and he made it work.

I was "backseat driving" for a RL friend a month ago as he played through the fight on his warlock, and I was surprised at the level of detail with which I remembered the entire encounter several months after I had completed it myself. Once you commit it to memory, you already know at any moment what's going to happen next without having to look at timers or warnings.

Quote Originally Posted by rpdrichard View Post
    Except that if you read many of the posts here you'll see that for many people here having avaible the green fire for everyone is what devalues it and made them switch back to orange...
    Si I reckon orange fire is something that is still extremely rare?

Deleted
    I hope that in future questlines like this one, the end fight should scale you down to an equal gearlvl much like Proving Grounds and CMs. I personally did Kanrethad with 480 or so ilvl and I know a lot of locks who did it at that level. For us it was actually quite a challenge, but the locks who complete it today have an ilvl of at least 500 and even more in some cases. It is so trivialized now that there is no prestige in having Green Fire since almost every lock have it.
    Last edited by mmoc29a1ad4beb; 2013-12-24 at 02:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I play affliction almost excursively on my warlock as I go Unholy when Affliction is bad on a fight. So I never really see it anyway all my warlock friends 2 of which in Method and many in Apex pretty much all use green fire.

Method being the best guild in the world and Apex generally in the top 20 at least.
    Al'Akir - EU Affliction, Mistweaver, Holydin and Blood raid toons.
    15 years of loving Broodwar Zerg.

"give us purple shadowflame fire"

but general preference, some fps issue, and green covering up fight mechanics

Deleted
    Green fire, red fire, neither really excites me, now purple fire on the other hand ...

Quote Originally Posted by Evixy View Post
    I hope that in future questlines like this one, the end fight should scale you down to an equal gearlvl much like Proving Grounds and CMs. I personally did Kanrethad with 480 or so ilvl and I know a lot of locks who did it at that level. For us it was actually quite a challenge, but the locks who complete it today have an ilvl of at least 500 and even more in some cases. It is so trivialized now that there is no prestige in having Green Fire since almost every lock have it.
    Or they could just leave it. I got my fire at 470 something ilvl and then I did it on another lock at 516 and it was fun just blowing everything up. I might make another lock just to see how it goes at level 100

What we really need is blue fire. Or pink fire. I think pink would be better.
    Last edited by Punisher069; 2013-12-25 at 11:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher069 View Post
    Or they could just leave it. I got my fire at 470 something ilvl and then I did it on another lock at 516 and it was fun just blowing everything up. I might make another lock just to see how it goes at level 100

Just so you know, you can do the encounter over again. Don't need to level a lock again lol

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher069 View Post

Purple or Black would be awesome. Never going to happen though.