Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwii156 View Post
    I loved him in Shawshank Redemption
    lmbo right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    Not going to lie, I never really knew much about him. I'm reading about him on Wikipedia right now. That said, I'm sure from the reactions I've heard that he was a great man. Sad to see anyone go. RIP.
    You'll get varying opinions. Some label him a hero, others a terrorist, but noone denies he achieved a beneficial change. Just his methods may not have been perfect, the end result was fantastic.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    RIP Nelson Mandela

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Be happy and smile

That's what he'd want and that's what his people is doing right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Twix View Post
    Nelson Mandela has died. What a great man. If every human being was like him, we'd all live in peace and harmony.

OK Im sorry but no. Found these 2 quotes about him at ESPN.com which had a write up on him for some strange reason considering it had nothing to do with sports.

He denounced Bush as a warmonger and the U.S. having "committed unspeakable atrocities in the world." When asked about his closeness to Fidel Castro and Moammar Gadhafi despite human rights violations in the countries they ruled
    So he denounces Bush and thats fine its his opinion. Then he calls the US war criminals while supporting Castro and Gadhafi?

When black journalists mildly criticized his government, he painted them as stooges of the whites who owned the media. Whites with complaints were dismissed as pining for their old privileges.
    The guy just seemed like a racist so good riddance. No wonder Obama loves him so much. Hell I wouldnt put it past that loser to add a national holiday for mandela
    Last edited by Dabrix32; 2013-12-05 at 11:04 PM.

Got to love those celebrities...

... yeah

Too soon.

But I lol'd irl. Well played sir.

RIP for sure.

I respect him mostly for admitting flaws in himself and not acting like an infallible god king. Humility is a trait many leaders should adopt. Glad to see him at peace, he'd been pretty sick for a decent amount of time I thought.

- - - Updated - - -

Best comment yet. I haven't truly lol'd alone in a few days. Good play sir. He would appreciate your light-heartedness I'm sure.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    He's been unwell for awhile now, but sad to see him go.

Rest in Peace Nelson Mandela. <3 xx

Ooooooooh goly~
    | [ My Twitch ] |

Quote Originally Posted by Dabrix32 View Post
    The guy just seemed like a racist so good riddance. No wonder Obama loves him so much. Hell I wouldnt put it past that loser to add a national holiday for mandela
    While the whole Obama thing didn't need to come into play, agreed on the racism part.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Illegal immigration is not a crime.
    Oxymoron.
    Quote Originally Posted by turskanaattori View Post
    What the actual fuck now, internet? Grow a thicker skin and stop being a whiny faggot.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Got to love those celebrities...

... yeah
    Fake.

it has to be fake please god tell me it's fake

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Well learning a bit more. It seems he had a hand in the apartheid nonsense(I'm assuming it was bad). I know his name but I don't know very much about him.
    What the hell seriously, how can people not be aware of who Nelson Mandela is ffs?

OT: it was to be expected. He was a great man and hope South Africa doesn't go downhill without his presence. RIP
    “It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what.”

Deleted
    /watch?v=CwsmAD8s2Ho
    take the two minutes of your time and see how he really thought.
    Mandela was a racist, communist and terrorist.

The Onion's article on his passing was great. They were funny about it, but so truthful; he was a great man and he will definitely be missed.

15+ Year Old Account
    maybe now the white genocide in S. Africa will slow down a little.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-12-06 at 12:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Truly a shame. The world's a little worse off now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazia View Post
    Your mom is so fat shes the reason blizzard made a limit on mage food.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    If words bother you that much perhaps you should try being amish so you can avoid them.

Deleted
    Nelson Mandela was the head of UmKhonto we Sizwe, (MK), the terrorist wing of the ANC and South African Communist Party. At his trial, he had pleaded guilty to 156 acts of public violence including mobilising terrorist bombing campaigns, which planted bombs in public places, including the Johannesburg railway station. Many innocent people, including women and children, were killed by Nelson Mandela’s MK terrorists.
    While he was responsible for some truly saddening crimes, he also brought change.

Ironic how he was given amnesty though by the truth and reconciliation committee, i'd rather he was remembered as what he did also; Everyone loves to paint him as a doting old man.

This isn't me bashing him totally, but i'm peeved people enjoy overlooking the anguish and death he directly and indirectly caused.

RIP You suave and respectfull human being.

Enjoy Your Ticket to Heaven and know that your people will follow you.

You are like What Ghandi Was to the Idians, as to your people.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Quote Originally Posted by SageKalzi View Post
    While the whole Obama thing didn't need to come into play, agreed on the racism part.
    well seeing how every single news site is showing obama's response to his death, and his support of him, its pretty relevant.

Deleted
    Surely a great leader in his later years, but does that make up for the fact he was leader of an armed terrorist group that had no problems with murdering civilians in his earlier years? i don't think so, don't blindly follow the mantra of how awesome he is and look more into his history and realise that he was as bad is he was good.