Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    If I recall in both the comic's and the cartoon it took every single Mutan plus The Phoenix to beat him and that ended in a draw.

Its been a long time since I looked at ether so I can't remember. This dose make me want to watch the X-Men Cartoon series all over and all versions lol.

But ya I got a feeling if they do it they will have to bring him down to the level of like Professer X or something because unless they bring her back in "Days of Future Past" The Phoenix is dead and won't be able to help beat him.
    apoc isn't as badass as you think he has lost before. I posted a young thor defeating him in this thread. I would love to see avengers with wolverine take on apoc I think it would be a way better fight:P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    what other marvel movies?

the non existant fantastic four and deadpool movies?

theres no other marvel movies owned by fox that im aware of for him to spill over to

- - - Updated - - -

um i dont think comparing the x-men to thor is really equal in any kind of way.
    Sure wolverine has worked with and fought against Thor before. Same with emma frost from xmen she actually beat thor when possessed as an avatar of the phoenix in a series. Also phoenix defeated Thor though Thor returned all these favors in the end. Though I will give ya that Thor has bailed out the xmen a couple of times such as when world war hulk was going wild on earth and took out the xmen. Thor steps in and owns hulk just before hulk is going to kill colossus.

Quote Originally Posted by Requiem4aDr3am View Post
    heh Xmen will own him hell young Thor owned him a thousand years ago...
    Comparing a Demi God to Anit's is kinda stupid lol.

- - - Updated - - -

apoc isn't as badass as you think he has lost before. I posted a young thor defeating him in this thread. I would love to see avengers with wolverine take on apoc I think it would be a way better fight:P
    But like I said you are comparing a Demi God to Anits.

Thor could take out most if not all the X-Men without much problem.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Comparing a Demi God to Anit's is kinda stupid lol.

- - - Updated - - -

But like I said you are comparing a Demi God to Anits.

Thor could take out most if not all the X-Men without much problem.
    Thor technically isn't a demi god. His father is an asgardian god Odin and his mother is an elder god of earth Gaea. Odin wanted to have a son that would surpass even him in power so he made an arrangement with Gaea. Frigga then raised Thor.

But even Gods have been defeated by mortals in the 616. Also remember the son of Reed Richards and Sue Richards is the most powerful human being of all time and is an Omega level mutant capable of altering reality.

Thor technically isn't a demi god. His father is an asgardian god Odin and his mother is an elder god of earth Gaea. Odin wanted to have a son that would surpass even him in power so he made an arrangement with Gaea. Frigga then raised Thor.

But even Gods have been defeated by mortals in the 616. Also remember the son of Reed Richards and Sue Richards is the most powerful human being of all time and is an Omega level mutant capable of altering reality.
    I know he isn't technically a demi god but my point is he is more powerful then most X-Men.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account

Omega level Mutant? What the hell is that and who is the son?
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait..

you're tellin me, one of these twerpy lookin richards kids is some sort of super mutant?

i find that hard to believe
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Omega level Mutant? What the hell is that and who is the son?
    Omega-level mutants are capable of destroying the world or causing massive amounts of damage.

Franklin Richards, the son of Mr.Fantastic and Invisible Woman, is a mutant. He has the power to warp reality. It's why Onslaught wanted him so badly. He was the one that created the "Heroes Reborn" pocket dimension, a 5-6 year old boy.

I'll just say:

F*CK WOLVERINE. Every single movie except First Class was about Wolverine (and that alone makes First Class the best X-Men movie). I don't like Wolverine. He's a boring invincible Mary Sue.

From what I little I saw of "Days of Future Past", it will continue the horrible storyline of X-Men 3, combined with the much cooler First Class cast (That's like combining piss with Dom Perignon, respectively).

So my hope for a good Apocalypse-related X-Men movie? Zero. I can tell you the possible plot: Wolverine duels Apocalypse on top of the Statue of Liberty, and wins. The End.

I could *tolerate* Wolverine as a supporting character, but not as the protagonist. And his powers need to be tuned way down. He's way too powerful.
    Signature in progress...

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait..

you're tellin me, one of these twerpy lookin richards kids is some sort of super mutant?

i find that hard to believe
    http://marvel.wikia.com/Franklin_Richards_(Earth-616)

believe it. He is so powerful that he has erased and also recreated Galactus multiple times. If he wants he can erase someone from existence

http://marvel.wikia.com/Franklin_Richards_(Earth-616)

believe it. He is so powerful that he has erased and also recreated Galactus multiple times. If he wants he can erase someone from existence
    well shit. somebody needs to kill that kid off
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

15+ Year Old Account
    If it's that early they should join The Avengers in the end, at least Wolverine, since he is part of it...Avengers 3 grand finale. He does bring a lot to the table going against Thanos.

Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    If it's that early they should join The Avengers in the end, at least Wolverine, since he is part of it...Avengers 3 grand finale. He does bring a lot to the table going against Thanos.
    Movie Idea "Everyone Vs Apocalypse/Thanos" now that would be a interesting fight lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Eh, at this point the X-Men franchise is practically dead, it's a shame because after X2 I was really hoping it would get good. Seemed to have promise.

And X-Men has so many cool characters but no let's make every movie about Wolverine sigh.

What is this logic I don't even.
    Because it's hard to put something powerful from comics into a movie.. Look at venom,Bane,Man of steel,Phoenix,Juggernaut etc.. They clip their wings when they put them in movies.

15+ Year Old Account
    Movie Idea "Everyone Vs Apocalypse/Thanos" now that would be a interesting fight lol.
    Well I did some reading this morning. Fox seems to be wanting to tie in Fantastic Four with X-Men (Spiderman is also owned by Fox, but nothing was said about him joining in, too). Which makes some sense, 2014 X-Men, 2015 FF reboot, 2016 X-Men again. Spider Man is going up against the Sinister Six, they could have their own little thing going on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Naftc View Post
    Because it's hard to put something powerful from comics into a movie.. Look at venom,Bane,Man of steel,Phoenix,Juggernaut etc.. They clip their wings when they put them in movies.
    It's not really, they just want them more human for some reason. Man of Steel was pretty damn close to the most powerful super-human fights on screen, and people hated it because it seemed like "too much action". The movie had one opening action scene, and 2 Superman fight scenes, and they complained about it, while movies with the superhero using the age-old fisty cuffs gets praised. The masses don't like magic fight scenes, the're used to, and prefer guns, melee weapons, punching and kicking over casting spells.

Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post

It's not really, they just want them more human for some reason. Man of Steel was pretty damn close to the most powerful super-human fights on screen, and people hated it because it seemed like "too much action". The movie had one opening action scene, and 2 Superman fight scenes, and they complained about it, while movies with the superhero using the age-old fisty cuffs gets praised. The masses don't like magic fight scenes, the're used to, and prefer guns, melee weapons, punching and kicking over casting spells.
    I don't think it was just that. The battles in Man of Steel, in particular the one in Metropolis, would have to have ended in the deaths of hundreds, if not thousands of innocents. The Superman in the comics would never have allowed this and neither, at this stage of the telling of the Superman story, would the comic-book writers. To lead the film series off with such destruction puts a dark shadow over the proceedings, which is not what the Superman myth is about. Its about 1 person who will always overcome the odds and stand-up for the normal Joe in the street. The Superman of the Man of Steel series is always going to have this shadow of guilt over him, I suppose to drive his motivation to do good, but that's not where Superman should be coming from.

I think that's what put people off the fights, the absurdity of it. Both in the fact that "supposedly" not many people got hurt, but also that Supes would allow it to happen.
    Last edited by cyberglum; 2013-12-06 at 04:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    It's not that Bane was fucked up. It's the fact they went with grounded and realism. That's killer. Marvel will not worry about such things. It's a big advantage and as much as I love Nolan's Batman movies I disagree with his ideals of grounded realism of his Batman movies.

Apocalypse is definitely not realistic but I hope whatever they plan for ends up a reality(As in the movie comes up as great).
    They work in the Dark Knight because they're unique and Batman himself is one of the only superheroes without super powers, making him grounded in realism.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cyberglum View Post
    I don't think it was just that. The battles in Man of Steel, in particular the one in Metropolis, would have to have ended in the deaths of hundreds, if not thousands of innocents. The Superman in the comics would never have allowed this and neither, at this stage of the telling of the Superman story, would the comic-book writers. To lead the film series off with such destruction puts a dark shadow over the proceedings, which is not what the Superman myth is about. Its about 1 person who will always overcome the odds and stand-up for the normal Joe in the street. The Superman of the Man of Steel series is always going to have this shadow of guilt over him, I suppose to drive his motivation to do good, but that's not where Superman should be coming from.

I think that's what put people off the fights, the absurdity of it. Both in the fact that "supposedly" not many people got hurt, but also that Supes would allow it to happen.
    Honestly, before Man of Steel, I thought Superman was the worst superhero of all, because he is just that goddamn strong and he is too damn boyscout pure to be believable in the movies. Especially when the older movies really enjoyed making him fight Lex Luthor with kryptonite all the freaking time.

Man of Steel showed a Superman that isn't loved by everyone and that can't make his enemies fight far away from Earth or in human-free zones. It showed him being a god fighting other gods and the massive damage such a thing would cause.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont want to come across as a bit too much of a die hard X-Men fan but I really didn't like the movies. Way too focused on Wolverine and the line ups were totally out of place.

The First Class movie (while had some good elements) wasn't "The first class" It more of less resembled the Second Genesis in the comics (minus Wolverine)

I am still waiting for them rto reboot the series and start X-Men with the real "first Class" Cyclops, Marvel Girl, Iceman, Beast, and Angel. I don't even mind having the membership tweaked a little bit like in the Avengers but I just didn't like the way they were stuffed in the movies!

Thats my rant, if people loved the movies that's fine. I'll still go and see it anyway.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

I like how they are planning ahead but I do wonder who will be in it. Will it be members of the First Class? Will they team up? It sounds interesting.

Does this mean Cable is going to show up? Or is the movie maybe not talking about the character and just the destructive act? I remember not liking the whole Cable arc when I was growing up. It has been a long time since I read any of that stuff... The cartoon theme song still gets me pumped, though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy88 View Post
    I like how they are planning ahead but I do wonder who will be in it. Will it be members of the First Class? Will they team up? It sounds interesting.
    http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/300...zons+-+News%29

Personally I am just wondering how they will make such a massive story line (AOA) into 1 movie..