Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Exclamation Karazhan will have a portal to... Draenor!

All the changes in Karazhan aren't a coincedence because in WoD this tower will lead us to... Draenor. I've watched the Blizzcon Art Panel today and I've noticed this:

Look to the left of Tanaan Jungle - "The Chronal Spire (entry way to Draenor)" - If this is the Dark Portal v2.0 for WoD then what building is it on Azeroth?

Answer is simple. Karazhan.

EDIT: This image isn't fake. Play this video from 25:19.

Last edited by mmocfee4aa7b34; 2013-12-06 at 01:33 AM.

Sounds cool! I like it, if this'd be the case in the end!

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why Karazhan?

10+ Year Old Account
    Or how about this;

This was shown to be concept art, that was since changed.
    The portal in Azeroth is the one that currently takes us to Outland, and by going through it, we end up at the future side of the Draenor portal.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

10+ Year Old Account
    Where did you get that map? It's pretty... well, wrong, going by what they showed at Blizzcon. Even the names are wrong and the zone outlines. And there's a lot of dots and cities that were not mentioned at any point and I don't think have been released later either.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Where did you get that map? It's pretty... well, wrong, going by what they showed at Blizzcon. Even the names are wrong and the zone outlines. And there's a lot of dots and cities that were not mentioned at any point and I don't think have been released later either.
    Play this video from 25:19.

10+ Year Old Account
    That video shows the DEVELOPMENT not the finished product. When they got to the "near finished product" they gave us this:

http://static3.wikia.nocookie.net/__...raenor_map.png

Way you can tell is if you watch the other vids they said that Frostwind began as a desert but then got turned into snow and mountains. Yours shows desert, therefore couldn't possibly be the finished product. You may be right about the middle zone it's hard to tell, maybe it'll be a Tavern in the Mists again
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Sorcerer View Post
    Why Karazhan?
    cause the ridiculous amount of magical energies there warp time and space.

Wasn't it mentioned the Dark Portal would just turn red and that's how we'd arrive?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm... maybe! Didn't Medivh contact Gul'dan before the Dark Portal was fully established? Maybe there's something in Karazhan that'll help bridge the gap to Outland.

Quote Originally Posted by Baba View Post
    Wasn't it mentioned the Dark Portal would just turn red and that's how we'd arrive?
    I thought that it would turn red and then stop working, since the portal in alternate-Draenor that the Iron Horde is building isn't connected to it fully yet.

I think it would be weird to use the Dark Portal we've had for years to get to a new place. Should just leave it as is and introduce a new gateway somewhere else, like Karazhan.

I remember them saying that the bc portal will be the one we use to get to draenor at blizzcon. Karazhan looks like a precursor though. Well probably figure out a lot about time travel and such through it.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're doing SOMETHING with Karazhan. I'd be surprised if it WASN'T related to WoD.

And of course, Karazhan/medivh/etc is highly tied to the first invasion of the orcs, which is basically "re-happening" under a different set of circumstances.

I wonder if MMO champion has been checking to see if they've changed anything beyond dusting the spiderwebs out with all these name changes.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

I had heard the red dark portal thing too, but this actually makes sense. Karazhan is at a nexus of ley lines which warp time and space, evidenced by the Guardian's Library's strange level of disrepair, and also of Prince Malchezzar's presence there.
    No idea how the tower is going to connect with this spire in other-Draenor.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolercaust View Post
    I had heard the red dark portal thing too, but this actually makes sense. Karazhan is at a nexus of ley lines which warp time and space, evidenced by the Guardian's Library's strange level of disrepair, and also of Prince Malchezzar's presence there.
    No idea how the tower is going to connect with this spire in other-Draenor.
    I don't like to assume, but I think it's a safe bet that Kara will play a big role in wod.

I would figure they already have it planned out, but never mentioned the details about the red portal to misguide us. Karazhan being the place to enter from would be an interesting tie in if it happens, and if it doesn't happen, then they wouldn't be offering false promises either way.

There are two conflicting accounts of the entry to Draenor, but now I believe this is because one was from an older concept that got scrapped -- the map in the OP.

Seeing as how this was discussed weeks ago, in many threads, and now today, another thread was made with these exact points. I have to think, the OP saw this other thread, and decided to make an exact copy of it. Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Hmm... maybe! Didn't Medivh contact Gul'dan before the Dark Portal was fully established? Maybe there's something in Karazhan that'll help bridge the gap to Outland.
    It would make sense. We're going to have to beat the Iron Horde to making this portal, AND have ours going only one way.

10+ Year Old Account
    No... it has a dance floor

karazhan 2: electric boogaloo!

Watch as Genn Greymane and the Big Bad Wolf boogy!