Deleted

Question Enh Opener + 2nd pot?

Hi guys,
    can anyone suggest a very good opener (with prepull timings please) for max burst? I love to minmaxing but i don't seem to be able to minmax myself the opener, i can still burst high, but not as high as it should be. Here's what i do:

-5 Feral Spirit
    -4 Fire elemental totem
    -2 Pot
    0 Flame Shock (while running in)
    1 Unleash (still running in)
    2 Elemental mastery
    3 Ascendance (still running)
    4 Stormblast (probably melee range by now)
    5 Start normal rotation here, prioing stormblast

Also what's the best time to use the 2nd pot, should i wait for Ascen + FET to be up, or should i wait for hero to be up? I know that in an ideal world it's best with all 3, but it's pretty much unlikely that i can line up all 3 cds at the same time and i often feel that the 2nd pot is sort of 'wasted'
    Thanks!
    Last edited by mmoc59be2c4383; 2013-12-06 at 02:02 AM.

I do something like...

-2GCD: Spirit Walk (to close the gap faster)

-1GCD: Feral Spirits + Potion (potion is off GCD)

Pull: Fire Elemental Totem (while closing the gap)

+1GCD: With Unleashed Fury talented, you want to use Unleash Elements but not while you have a significant amount of running left, since you're going to set off all your procs while you're out of melee range.

+1GCD: Flame Shock (last ability before reaching melee range)

+1GCD: Stormstrike + Ascendance (Ascendance is off GCD and resets your Stormstrike/Stormblast CD) + (Lifeblood / Elemental Mastery / Berserking)

+1GCD: Stormblast

+1GCD: Lava Lash

Normal rotation. The notable differences from what you posted above is that you don't seem to be getting your 1st Stormstrike in before using Ascendance, and you're letting your Feral Spirits and Fire Elemental tick away for several seconds (uselessly). Be careful that you don't use ranged abilities while you're too far from the boss on the pull, because your Dancing Steel and trinket procs are going to start getting eaten up while you're not even getting white damage up.

Your 2nd potion depends on the fight and your gear. The AoC trinket has a lot of impact on how well your 2nd Fire Elemental and 3rd Elemental Mastery line up. If you're running EM+PE, my impression is that you get more out of the potion if you're popping it with your Fire Elemental Totem and any haste boosts that you have available.
    Author, Hekili, a priority helper addon.

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally do

2GCD: Spirit Walk
    1GCD: Feral Spirits + Potion + Fire Elemental
    Pull: Unleashed Elements
    +1GCD: Flame Shock
    +1GCD: Storm Strike + Ascendance
    +1GCD: Stormlash Totem/Earthshock/Lightning Bolt

Very depending on the fight. If lust was used on pull, then I'd line up my 2nd potion with my 2nd ascendance, provided it's a good time to use it.
    Currently Procrastinating

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Narna View Post
    I personally do

2GCD: Spirit Walk
    1GCD: Feral Spirits + Potion + Fire Elemental
    Pull: Unleashed Elements
    +1GCD: Flame Shock
    +1GCD: Storm Strike + Ascendance
    +1GCD: Stormlash Totem/Earthshock/Lightning Bolt

Very depending on the fight. If lust was used on pull, then I'd line up my 2nd potion with my 2nd ascendance, provided it's a good time to use it.
    Dunno if you're UEing too quick your wasting a few seconds of trinket procs/xuen proc as well as a good amount of fire ele uptime using it before you actually start running in.
    Of course thats assuming you're using UE from a semi long range while running in.

For the second pot I generally aim it @ the last 20~ seconds of second fire ele cause at that point it benefits 20 seconds of fire elemental and your third ascendance at the same time.
    Last edited by Felocity; 2013-12-08 at 10:16 AM.

Number 1 Enchantment shaman world 8) soon to be deathknight

Deleted
    If you have the ticking ebon detonator, then you might want to open with ascendance+SS after UE (or double SS if you run in first) in order to get the most out of the proc. (if it doesn't proc off wolves/FE cast, in which case just ascendance+SS right away)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hekili View Post
    I do something like...

-2GCD: Spirit Walk (to close the gap faster)

-1GCD: Feral Spirits + Potion (potion is off GCD)

Pull: Fire Elemental Totem (while closing the gap)

+1GCD: With Unleashed Fury talented, you want to use Unleash Elements but not while you have a significant amount of running left, since you're going to set off all your procs while you're out of melee range.

+1GCD: Flame Shock (last ability before reaching melee range)

+1GCD: Stormstrike + Ascendance (Ascendance is off GCD and resets your Stormstrike/Stormblast CD) + (Lifeblood / Elemental Mastery / Berserking)

+1GCD: Stormblast

+1GCD: Lava Lash

Normal rotation. The notable differences from what you posted above is that you don't seem to be getting your 1st Stormstrike in before using Ascendance, and you're letting your Feral Spirits and Fire Elemental tick away for several seconds (uselessly). Be careful that you don't use ranged abilities while you're too far from the boss on the pull, because your Dancing Steel and trinket procs are going to start getting eaten up while you're not even getting white damage up.

Your 2nd potion depends on the fight and your gear. The AoC trinket has a lot of impact on how well your 2nd Fire Elemental and 3rd Elemental Mastery line up. If you're running EM+PE, my impression is that you get more out of the potion if you're popping it with your Fire Elemental Totem and any haste boosts that you have available.

This is pretty much spot on, and yields highest numbers from my experience.

Regarding 2nd pot though .. it depends on the fight. If hero isn't used on pull, save it for that. If it is, try and align it with a skull banner towards the sub 30% area of a fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felocity View Post
    Dunno if you're UEing too quick your wasting a few seconds of trinket procs/xuen proc as well as a good amount of fire ele uptime using it before you actually start running in.
    Of course thats assuming you're using UE from a semi long range while running in.

For the second pot I generally aim it @ the last 20~ seconds of second fire ele cause at that point it benefits 20 seconds of fire elemental and your third ascendance at the same time.
    Hmm, never really considered that. It's not too long range, so the cape procs are all hitting, but the trinket procs might come into play there. Might need to play around with it. Thanks for pointing it out.
    Currently Procrastinating