Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

WoW Infographic, Bonus Rolls, Jan 28 Hotfixes, PTR Notes Update, Blue Posts, Giveaway

"Lower Difficulty" To Be Removed From HC, Bounty Hotfix Clarifications, Legendaries From Gambling To Unlock Visuals, and More

Disenchant Adjustments Ending, Beta Season 2 Ending Soon, MG Interviews

World of Warcraft: Azeroth by the Numbers
    Blizzard released a nice infographic today that shares lots of fun WoW stats!

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    From the rise of Onyxia to the fight for Pandaria, more than 100 million of you across the globe have visited Azeroth since the first realms went live in 2004. We’ve gathered some epic statistics to show what you’ve been up to all this time.

Curious about the faction breakdown among the 500 million characters you’ve created? Wonder how many instances your fellow adventurers run every day, or which pet is the most popular? Take a look at World of Warcraft’s first official infographic below for some fun and surprising never-before-seen facts about the game.

We hope everyone enjoys this glimpse at the inner workings of Azeroth—feel free to find and share it on Facebook and Twitter. Thanks for being a part of World of Warcraft’s history, and here’s to new adventures with you in Warlords of Draenor!

Garrosh Heirlooms and Bonus Rolls
    Following up on the Garrosh Heirloom bonus roll information yesterday comes some more bonus roll clarifications:

• Quivering Blob can be won with a bonus roll, and doesn't take the place of an item you would have won. (Source)
    • Nalak, Oondasta, Galleon, and Sha of Anger mounts can be Bonus Rolled. Raid mounts cannot. (Source)
    • Reins of the Astral Cloud Serpent aren't (and have never been) Bonus Rollable. (Source)
    • Kor'kron Shaman's Treasure cannot be bonus rolled. (Source)
    • You can bonus roll Siege pets in appropriate difficulties due to community feedback about Quivering Blob. The pet is a separate roll from items, so it doesn't have any impact on winning other loot. (Source)

Patch 5.4.2 Hotfixes: January 28
    Raids, Dungeons, and Scenarios
    • Siege of Orgrimmar
      • Immerseus
        • Immerseus' Swelling Corruption ability should no longer be incorrectly triggering from Balance Druid's Starfall and the Hunter talent, A Murder of Crows on Heroic difficulty.
      • General Nazgrim
        • General Nazgrim should no longer incorrectly be gaining Rage while in Defensive Stance from Balance Druid's Starfall and the Hunter talent, A Murder of Crows.
      • Malkorok
        • Living Corruption's Languish effect should no longer be incorrectly reapplied to players that were under the effect of a Mage's Alter Time spell on Heroic difficulty.

Items
    • Figurine - Khorium Boar should no longer incorrectly summon more than one Khorium Boar.

Patch 5.4.7 PTR Notes Update - Jan 28
    Battlegrounds and Arenas
    • Arenas
      • For the 2v2 Arena bracket, Dampening is now applied to the match starting at the 5 minute mark (down from 10 minutes).
      • For 3v3 and 5v5 Arena brackets, there is no change. Dampening will continue to be applied at the 10 minute mark.
    • Alterac Valley
      • The following NPCs now have more health and deal more damage.
        • Alliance: Vanndar Stormpike, Balinda Stonehearth, Stormpike Defenders, Stormpike Bowman, and all Marshals.
        • Horde: Captain Galvangar, Drek'thar, Frostwolf Guardian, Frostwolf Bowman, and all Warmasters.

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Random Battleground Balance and Queue Times
    We talk about stuff like this from time to time, but it's not quite so simple. For example, queue times are a big issue. Separating players out by item level certainly wouldn't help, and in fact, could make things far worse. Having more equally-matched opponents in your random BG would be nice, but having to wait an hour or longer... not so much.

That said, we're hoping to make a lot of improvements to Random BG's in Warlords. If we get the opportunity to do something like this, we can look into it.

Side note since I brought it up: we're also looking into queue times. We have a few ideas for changes we might make, but nothing for certain to share just yet. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

PvP Blue Posts
    One of my personal goals since I started at Blizzard has been to help improve communication with the PvP community. And, though I know it's technically a different forum, I've been as active as possible on the Arena forums contributing what I can. Many of those concerns extend to BGs and RBGs as well, and if you have a concern here that's PvP-related but not necessarily specific to Battlegrounds, it might be a good idea to check the Arena forums too just in case.

That said, I completely hear you guys on wanting to see more interaction in the Battlegrounds forums. I do read them regularly already, but I'll make a stronger effort to interact here more often. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Blue Tweets
    PvE
    I miss using CC in dungeons and raids. Will this come back in WoD?
    Not using CC in dungeons currently is mostly a result of being way stronger than the content is designed for. (Celestalon)
    I have needed 0 CC in MoP dungeons ever. Day 1 they were faceroll. Not saying that's 100% bad but it is true.
    You are more experienced/skilled than most. That was not the experience for the majority. (Celestalon)

PvP
    With cross-realm arena it feels like there is still one final barrier: faction. Any plans for cross-faction teaming for real ID?
    No plans for that. (holinka)

yeah probably. I blame the 15 min ques between games! why are Horde ques so terrible?
    There are more horde queuing. The problem is exacerbated if you opt out of unpopular BGs. Looking into options. (holinka)

Future
    Trying Monk heals on my 90, all proving grounds does is say "you suck" No benefit to me over failing thru LFR
    Proving Grounds currently just "tests", it doesn't "teach". That's something we hope to change in the future. (Celestalon)

Misc
    'scuse me could you shed some light on a little red dragon named Andrestrasz? Is he a tribute, a memorial, something else...?
    I believe that commented earlier that he was a tribute, but wasn't sure. (Celestalon)
    I'd bet $20 it's a homage to someone's 5 yr old named Andre but would have to dig into data to find out for sure. (Source)

Return to WoW Giveaway (EU)
    Curse is giving away five 6 month WoW subscriptions in a few days, so be sure to sign up for a chance to win. This contest is only open to EU players, so please only sign up if you play on EU realms.

100M players! Wooow. Really though, there are so many awesome facts written on there.
    Last edited by moveth; 2014-01-29 at 06:36 AM.

If you consider people have been subscribing and quitting every day for almost 3500 days its plausible, inc denying storm though.

10+ Year Old Account
    100 Million players isn't true, so now they are just trying to hide the fact they (as put only 2 weeks ago) mean accounts not players.
    Still a great achievement, but a lie.
    Especially when I have 5 accounts myself over my WoW career, and I know countless others with 3 or more.

Oh, i was dissapointed when i saw the return to WoW thing is only for EU.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    100 Million players isn't true, so now they are just trying to hide the fact they (as put only 2 weeks ago) mean accounts not players.
    Especially when I have 5 accounts myself over my WoW career, and I know countless others with 3 or more.
    How is it a lie when right under "100 million players" it defines players as accounts ?
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    They released the stats of 100million 'players' and put a * which followed with * means every single individual account.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Looks like i'll be farming Sha for my Tsulong night phase look-a-like mount.

You do see that it says "Over 100million unique ACCOUNTS" on the infographic, right? Your reading comprehension skills seem to be nil.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a small small minority that have more than one account, and it's actually not counting ones that have been perma banned (usually meaning mass produced bots) so all of these are merely inactive and therefore have been played at a time.

You may KNOW many people with multiple accounts because you associate with like minded individuals but for the majority 100million is a mere round up of the likely 99million accounts that have been made by one person.

It's not a lie, it'd be a lie if they said they have 100million people PLAYING for sure.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Randomdude17 View Post
    Oh, i was dissapointed when i saw the return to WoW thing is only for EU.
    more then likely it will come to the us version in a few days

Thanks for being a part of World of Warcraft’s history
    Okay..good bye to you too.

Quote Originally Posted by Keiichi82 View Post
    more then likely it will come to the us version in a few days
    We did one for the US in December IIRC.

I dont get why a 15 min queue is so bad for PVPers.....

Quote Originally Posted by moveth View Post
    You do see that it says "Over 100million unique ACCOUNTS" on the infographic, right? Your reading comprehension skills seem to be nil.
    or sha touch mount :P

It matches my mog i want

So i'm signing up for the trial. Also i liked the facts stated, see you in Draenor Blizzard Looking forward to see Mythic raids etc

I have needed 0 CC in MoP dungeons ever. Day 1 they were faceroll. Not saying that's 100% bad but it is true.
    You are more experienced/skilled than most. That was not the experience for the majority.
    WTF is he smoking. Who used CC in MoP dungeons? Unless he misread and meant challenge modes and even then there is a lot of brute forcing with the use of interrupts and short term stuns, but that doesnt match with the previous statement of saying he outgeared the content.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2014-01-29 at 07:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by moveth View Post
    100M players! Wooow. Really though, there are so many awesome facts written on there.
    Oh look, chaud is getting the first post again on his alt account.

Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    You are more experienced/skilled than most. That was not the experience for the majority.
    WTF is he smoking. Who used CC in MoP dungeons? Unless he misread and meant challenge modes and even then there is a lot of brute forcing with the use of interrupts and short term stuns, but that doesnt match with the previous statement of saying he outgeared the content.
    I remember making liberal use of remorseless winter on my DK back then, but definitely no pre-pull CC like poly or sap. I guess that sort of counts
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

Deleted
    This bonus roll information had truly been usefull... like 6 months ago when I still focused on using my coins on Elegon, Horridon and Ji-kun.