Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

WoD - Group Finder, Dec 5 PTR Notes Update, Blue Tweets, Just Another Morning

Suggestion Day: Nephalem Trials, Adding Competition to Diablo; [Endgame 2.0] Challenge Mode Infographic; Orb of Nightmares

TAC Podcast Ben Brode Interview, Opt-In Updates

Warlords of Draenor - Group Finder
    Patch 5.4.2 adds cross realm listings to the Raid Browser, which has been in the game for several expansions now. Unfortunately only Ordos, the Celestials, and the Flex Siege of Orgrimmar wings are supported for now.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Since we're still seeing some confusion about the Group Finder, let me try to clear up what I can:

There are two completely separate developments going on here. One is the cross-realm functionality being added to our existing Raid Browser in patch 5.4.2. This is totally unrelated to the new Group Finder we announced at Blizzcon. Basically, we discovered that we could pretty easily add cross-realm browsing to the Raid Browser for 5.4 content, so we've done that in 5.4.2.

6.0's Group Finder is an entirely different thing being built from scratch. It'll allow you to find or create groups for basically any content you can think of, be it raids, dungeons, PvP, questing... heck, you could start a group for running laps in Dalaran if you wanted. It also won't be hidden away someplace that the majority of the playerbase won't notice -- it's gonna be a lot more front-and-center.

A lot of players are drawing parallels between our new Group Finder and the oQueue addon, and that's a perfectly valid comparison. We've been thrilled to see how people have taken to oQueue for finding organized groups, especially in 5.4, and feel that's the sort of thing that the game really should be providing to all players. We're not trying to "kill oQueue"; in fact, a lot of us use it ourselves. We just think that cross-realm group finding should really be part of the core game.

Or do you thinking having everyone on each other friend's list is how Blizzard is going to implement it?
    The 6.0 Group Finder will not rely on BattleTags or RealID to form groups, no. Of course, you're more than welcome to share that information yourself with players you meet, and make new friends!

If I'm taking you out of context I deeply apologize Lore, but are you saying Blizzard is alright for the time being with us using Open-Que? I ask because concern of violating the ToU is the prime reason I have not ever used it.
    Using oQueue does not violate the terms of service, no.

But with OQ you can put restrictions, view how well they've done before, and how well they're liked with the public. Openraid had a reputation how well people liked your raids and gave you upvotes. Is there any way they will add something like that to help people avoid groups lead by bad players, mean leaders or elitist jerks?
    We do want to provide some options for group leaders to put some restrictions for who can and can't request to join their group. We don't want to do it in a way that encourages people to be too heavy-handed, but we also want to make the system easy and intuitive to use, and feel it's better for everyone if the system lets leaders be upfront about who they're willing to bring along.

Basically, we want to avoid a situation where you can be invited to a group and then immediately be kicked when the leader inspects your gear and finds you're 10 item levels lower than he or she is looking for (and then have to repeat that process until you eventually either find a group that will bring you or give up entirely). We'd rather do our best to make sure you only see groups that you've actually got a shot at running with

Patch 5.4.2 PTR Notes Update - December 5
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Classes
    • Mage (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
      • Talents
        • Temporal Shield's healing should now correctly modified by effects that affect healing (Battle Fatigue, Mortal Strike, Dampening).
    • Warrior (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
      • Talents
        • Improved checks on pathing for Intervene and Safeguard to address situations where Warriors may wind up under the terrain.

Quests
    • Catch and Carry: Druids can no longer attempt to catch Sacks of Grain while in flight form.
    • Lost Treasure: Resolved an issue where players may be unable to open Cache of the Legion.

Raids, Dungeons, and Scenarios
    • Siege of Orgrimmar
      • Norushen
        • Resolved a situation where Quarantine Measures may sometimes fail to destroy all life within the Quarantine Zone.
      • Galakras
        • Resolved a situation that may cause demolition NPCs to stop opening the door to one of the towers.
      • Paragons of the Klaxxi
        • Resolved an issue where players may fail to gain Hisek the Swarmkeeper's special ability if they were in the middle of casting a spell while interacting with his corpse.

Items
    • Crashin' Thrashin' Flyers should now be able to damage each other while in a sanctuary area.
    • MiniZeps should now be able to damage each other while in a sanctuary area.

Bug Fixes
    • Resolved an issue that caused players to not receive credit towards the Drop It! and Drop It Now! achievements.

Blue Tweets
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Tanking Stats
    What do i do with a +armor item when switching to dd spec?
    Use it knowing you are wasting some stats, or swap those pieces out. You likely won't have armor in every non-armor slot. (Source)
    So maybe you're swapping 3-5 pieces? Much better than today, which asks you to swap everything or at least reforge it all. (Source)

If dodge and parry are going byebye, Are tanks left with stacking mastery or stam? Gonna miss stat juggling.
    We are going to add armor as a tanking stat. The combat mechanics can support that now. (Source)

I just cant get in my head how "Bonus Armor" in gear is more interesting that Dodge/Parry
    Tanks gear for failure not success. Dodge and parry affected some boss swings. Bonus armor affects every one. (Source)
    Im fine with P/D gone but saying those werent "interesting" stats. Avoidance is more interesting than flat mitigation
    The tanking community was debating this long before I even joined the team. Twitter can't do that discussion justice. (Source)

Alts
    Why dont you just limit accounts to one single char if you just dont want to support alts?
    We like alts. But we get pressure from players who seemingly want to do content once, and then have all their alts ready to raid. (Source)
    Devil's advocate what's wrong with that? You believe questing is important them less so favoring other activities.
    Players originally made alts because they wanted to experience other characters. They wanted to actually play them. (Source)
    There is some level of alt speed up that is appropriate, but we are hesitant to ever take too much of the "play them" away. (Source)

What are the better solutions for power lvling up our alts? Seems like flying helps..
    I find the very notion that an alt *needs* to be power leveled to be worthy of more discussion. (Source)

PvP
    You promised that vanilla pvp players would get some sort of recognition when Swifty interviewed you, any news on this in WoD?
    I try not to promise much, but that is something we'd like to do. Did you rank in vanilla? (Source)

Arena class rep imbalances (spriest? WW monk? DK?), PvP gear worse than PvE gear in world PvP makes your side a hard sell!
    I'd wager Arena and BG balance is more important to more players than the state of wPvP. (Source)
    World PvP hasn't really existed in much of a form since TM vs. SS, which stopped once players had BGs to run. (Source)

So we will see the return of tanks in pvp? Great.
    That's not the intention. Tanks in PvP aren't much fun for everyone else, except possibly as FCs. (Source)

So if I've sunk days into Darkspear Horde, I'm just screwed? Timeless Isle isn't even fun because of the imbalance.
    Our intent with Ashran is to connect that zone to get balanced factions. (Source)

Just Another Morning - Blizzcon 2013 Movie Contest
    This was the second place winner at the Blizzcon 2013 Movie Contest.

Last edited by chaud; 2013-12-06 at 08:50 AM.

Interesting Warrior change there. For a mage talent. lol

10+ Year Old Account
    My thought process...

"Oh look a blizzcon video... it'll probably be some funny sendoff like they usually are!"

"Oh, <AFK>pl@yers? I loved their Wrath of a couch potato video! This is gonna be great!"

*watches video*

"Aaaaaaaaand now I'm sad."

Deleted
    nerf other class first before nerfing warrior. good job there

Bloodsail Admiral DrIvoRobotnik's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    6.0's Group Finder is an entirely different thing being built from scratch. It'll allow you to find or create groups for basically any content you can think of, be it raids, dungeons, PvP, questing... heck, you could start a group for running laps in Dalaran if you wanted. It also won't be hidden away someplace that the majority of the playerbase won't notice -- it's gonna be a lot more front-and-center.

You..you mean. They're removing que-n-tab finder? ...Well, I wasnt sure if I was going to buy the expan. But this sure as hell sold me!

Video is garbage. I now know what sociopaths do in their time off.

When Garrosh was never smart, well liked by anyone and started more fights than he prevented. I could waste my time retelling why Garrosh is an example of an arrogant egotistical a-hole whose parades around where ever he goes with his Dad's accomplishments on his shoulders. Its a sign of a sick community that expects admiration to a spoiled brat like Garrosh.

World PvP hasn't really existed in much of a form since TM vs. SS, which stopped once players had BGs to run.
    What a nice lie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man those feels in that movie contest winner.

Quote Originally Posted by Lastlivingsoul View Post
    Video is garbage. I now know what sociopaths do in their time off.

When Garrosh was never smart, well liked by anyone and started more fights than he prevented. I could waste my time retelling why Garrosh is an example of an arrogant egotistical a-hole whose parades around where ever he goes with his Dad's accomplishments on his shoulders. Its a sign of a sick community that expects admiration to a spoiled brat like Garrosh.

So just to be clear, people are "sick" who attribute any sense of humanity to Garrosh? However, you just made an emotional post about pixels in a make believe story. Is that less "sick?"

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hope it gives you the filter option to que with US players only.

Patch 5.4.2 now on Live Blizzard's Servers and out 12/10/2013 - US and 12/11/2013 - EU

Deleted
    Queue, not que.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zokten View Post
    What a nice lie.
    Lie? No..
    There was some World PvP left, but nowhere near what it was pre-BGs.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Deleted
    This video...
    I always have hated Garrosh, still do... but MAN I just realised how much I would miss him.
    He is one of few important/well-known characters that is both: developed solely in WoW (no background in WC games) AND still alive.
    I would miss him so much if he died in SoO. I need a villain to hate, and I love to hate Garrosh.

The feels man...

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Lie? No..
    There was some World PvP left, but nowhere near what it was pre-BGs.
    Maybe for you, was not the case on my servers.

Deleted
    Awesome vid. Makes me wish Garrosh didn't go FUBAR because he wasn't bad in Cata...

Wasn't one of the requirements for the movie contest that it can't feature outside music? Like Blizzard-created music only?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrIvoRobotnik View Post

You..you mean. They're removing que-n-tab finder? ...Well, I wasnt sure if I was going to buy the expan. But this sure as hell sold me!
    They are basically rebuilding it so LFD is a last ditch effort to get into a dungeon. I think they are fully removing it. But they want people to socialize on their Realms or with their friends than Queue as a group to get the Stacking the Deck Debuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zokten View Post
    What a nice lie.
    No World PvP was killed off when BGs came in. Their was the odd times you had small battles, but TM Vs SS levels are non existant. Each Servers is different but for the majority it's dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzelbar View Post
    Wasn't one of the requirements for the movie contest that it can't feature outside music? Like Blizzard-created music only?
    f. All music featured in the Movie must either be the entrant’s original musical composition and performance, or music from a Blizzard product;
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Deleted
    Video made me sad, nice work guys!