Thread: How coin work?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I've got no complaints about the coin system, I've been quite lucky all mop with it. I almost have better loot RNG off coins than I do 10 man loot seeds..

Heroic Rolls: Tier head, Tier Chest, IJ Belt, Gala Boots, and KTT

Back in TBC our lock class leader didn't get geared till the rest of us quit rolling for stuff. He had the worse RNG luck ever. My mage seems to be kinda lucky in regards to RNG.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

1coin no loot = higher chance on next coin.
    2coin no loot = higher chance on next coin.
    3coin loot = reset the chance.
    ~repeat.
    LFR "bonus chance" is separate from the coin rolls.
    Chance is reset if you get loot regardless of what boss you coin.
    Example. if you ONLY coin Thok for 5 weeks without loot and then decide to try your luck on Immersus and you get loot you also lose your bonus stack for Thok.
    In my case I only need the str trinket from thok so the only boss I'm gonna coin roll on until I get the fucking trinket is Thok.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

15+ Year Old Account
    So % is not tied to the boss but to the number of coin you use.

I coined three CLOAKS in a row instead of getting one binding.....Guess i can use one on heroic LK so my cloak doesnt ae the shit out of the ghouls....

Quote Originally Posted by Gorthan View Post
    So % is not tied to the boss but to the number of coin you use.
    Correct. This also means you can take a chance and use 2 coins on bosses you don't really get a big upgrade from and then spend the last one on the boss you really need and hope you don't get any on the two before.
    Think it's 15% - 20% - 25% - 30% and so on the chance for loot but blizzard won't confirm or deny any numbers, 15% is roughly accurate for a "fresh roll" though.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

I know this is utter bullshit, but everytime I've coined something this has happened...

"PLEEEEAASSSEEEE JUST FUCKING DROP IT!!" = No loot.
    "It won't drop" = Loot drops.

It always happens, same with mounts etc, it's just coincidence, but it's strange how true it is.

Must be 90% gold to loot ratio for me so far with coins on multiple characters though.

How coin work?

You press the lil roll button, and it gives you a varying amount of gold from like 16 to 120.

RNG is complete crap lol. If I raid normals, I don't get squat (even with coins). If I go on an alt and do flex, I get nothing (even with coins). If I go into LFR, I get loot from every boss without even using a coin. Hah >:/

Deleted
    26 heroic bosses kills (coined atleast half), 0 loot (may have gotten cloak from 1st boss, not sure). Stuck at 561ilvl while my guildmates are reaching 570

Quote Originally Posted by iBendover View Post
    26 heroic bosses kills (coined atleast half), 0 loot (may have gotten cloak from 1st boss, not sure). Stuck at 561ilvl while my guildmates are reaching 570
    Sounds like RNG is bending you over pretty hard.

I honestly don't think I've gone beyond 6 rolls for a piece of loot. On average, I'm probably getting a piece of loot every 4 rolls. Whether that piece is useful, that's a different story, but these stories about "20+ rolls no loot" are completely bogus.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanatik View Post
    I honestly don't think I've gone beyond 6 rolls for a piece of loot. On average, I'm probably getting a piece of loot every 4 rolls. Whether that piece is useful, that's a different story, but these stories about "20+ rolls no loot" are completely bogus.
    They're far from bogus. I've gone 10+ with no loot this tier. Not everyone has your rng.

10+ Year Old Account
    Been there, experienced that. Coined every chance for a weapon during ToT normals, ended up clearing normals, and 2/13 heroic, before I finally got a normal weapon.
    Currently Procrastinating

Quote Originally Posted by Gorthan View Post
    Maybe on the same boss. Dunno. Not lying mate, wish i was.
    I think you're exaggerating. You're saying out of 18 coins you won one piece of loot. Like 1 piece of actual loot? You count it even if it wasn't an upgrade, or a duplicate item. So is your answer still 1 piece out of 18 coins?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OokingDooker View Post
    They're far from bogus. I've gone 10+ with no loot this tier. Not everyone has your rng.
    People like to not count things they already have.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by iBendover View Post
    So your guildies are getting to 570 ilvl from just coins? And with 26 heroic kills, you're at 561? Sounds like you guys need a new loot system. 9 ilvls is a massive gap.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hypofyse View Post
    How do you guys feel about a DKP system like EPGP and how it is affected by this, for example: Player A wins an off-hand, -200 DKP, player B coins said off-hand so gets the same item without spending DKP on it. So in addition to getting the item, player B gets an advantage over player A as he has more DKP left to spend.
    Just RNG of course, but if one player has a lot of luck with rolls he will have a DKP advantage as well as a gear advantage over other players, which some people might think unfair. It hasn't bothered me (and i'm lucky enough with loot), but wondering what you guys think.

DKP is a stupid system and promotes toxic behavior regardless of the coin.

Deleted
    Here is how coining/lfr/flex (and garrosh weapon) loot works:
    It is per boss
    Coin and looting seperate
    LFR, Flex, Normal and Heroic all seperate

Based on my guilds garrosh kills I am 100% certian that it takes either 7, 8 or 9 kills/coins to recieve an item with certianty. The rules I listed above are easily deduced from statements made by blizzard (such as 10 kills or more will get you loot as said at blizzcon) combined with actually coining and killing bosses. For example I got my 11th garrosh kill this week and if you add coins in I had my chance at it about 20 times, however it was on the 7th heroic kill that I got the heirloom weapon, I coined 5 out of those 7 kills, which totals 12 chances at loot on heroic mode, which again is more than 10 thus you know it is seperate.

My money is on it being 7 kills for 100% chance since my guild saw an insane amount of weapons drop on our 7th garrosh kill and I also got it on my 7th kill (2 weeks later). It could still be 8 or 9 but I dont know anyone who has killed garrosh more than 7 times and not gotten a weapon from him.
    Last edited by mmocaa84e3d5fa; 2013-12-08 at 12:00 AM.

Coined hc wf binding, hc wf toxic, hc wf juggernautbelt, hc wf sha weapon and hc wf thok offhand.
    And i get almost every second/third roll an item.

rngesus confirmed..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Correct. This also means you can take a chance and use 2 coins on bosses you don't really get a big upgrade from and then spend the last one on the boss you really need and hope you don't get any on the two before.
    Think it's 15% - 20% - 25% - 30% and so on the chance for loot but blizzard won't confirm or deny any numbers, 15% is roughly accurate for a "fresh roll" though.
    But is it not character independent as well, so if you get miss loot with one character, you might get a higher chance with your alt character since it is literally the next roll that gets increased chance.

I've coined hc bindings, hc KTT (twice cuz I accidentally coined on shamans again), hc wf shoulders, hc wf boots, hc arcweaver sword, and either hc tier chest/gloves (can't remember which one). When I think about it I've been lucky with coins this whole expansion.

Woohoo I guess.