Unhappy Anybody remember/still using ag_unitframes (also known as ag_uf)?

I'm having some FPS issues in 25 man heroics and after some searching read that Pitbull4 may not be the most optimized unitframes addon to use. I used AG_UF back in BC for the years I was super, super hardcore and always loved it. I found a fan "remake" from 2012 but that's about it; I've been googling with a myriad of search strings and can't find anything. I have seen some people very recently saying that they're still using it and it mostly works, but I feel that it'd be a bad idea to use a 2 year old addon if I'm trying to fix performance issues.

Has anybody seen or heard of any potential remakes for this? AG_UF was great, clean, easy to use, I loved how it looked, and the best part was it was VERY streamlined and had very little memory usage/impact on FPS. Did anybody else use it? Has there ever been any interest in remaking it from anybody? I'd love to use it again. I'm a programmer and while I've never made an addon, I know enough programming languages and am familiar with other similar things to be confident I could pick it up pretty quick; while I wouldn't want to do it alone, I'd absolutely help somebody else if they had any interest in remaking it.

So yeah, has anybody heard anything? And if not, what's a good alternative to Pitbull? I obviously liked AG_UF so is there anything similar to that? I'm looking for something that is VERY streamlined and efficient and that will have little to no impact on my FPS; I don't use very many special features or anything, I just have bars for myself, target, focus (which I rarely use anyways), target of target, and focus target. I don't even use the Burning Embers or any other resource bar because I track those with WeakAuras. Any input? Thanks guys.

Deleted
    oUF is probably the most lightweight unit frame addon (that can be made to do mostly whatever you want and look nice), and you could in principle make it look and function exactly how you could make ag_UF look and function. P3lim's oUF layout is a good starting point, both for something to use out of the box and something to use as a starting point for making your own layout.
    Last edited by mmocf531e475c8; 2013-12-06 at 10:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Constie View Post
    oUF is probably the most lightweight unit frame addon, and you could in principle make it look and function exactly how you could make ag_UF look and function. P3lim's oUF layout is a good starting point, both for something to use out of the box and something to use as a starting point for making your own layout.
    Funny you say that, right after I posted this I found oUF and started looking at layouts for it. While I can handle LUA-based modifications I would really prefer something in-game in case I need to make changes on the fly. Is that purely dependent on the individual layout/whatever you call it I get for oUF? Whether they provide or don't provide in-game configurations?

Quote Originally Posted by Extremity View Post
    Funny you say that, right after I posted this I found oUF and started looking at layouts for it. While I can handle LUA-based modifications I would really prefer something in-game in case I need to make changes on the fly. Is that purely dependent on the individual layout/whatever you call it I get for oUF? Whether they provide or don't provide in-game configurations?
    Yes, oUF simply providing the functional framework, doing the heavy lifting in the background.
    Features like an in-game options UI or any user-configurable options have to added in by the author.

Shadowed Unitframes @ curse is perhaps the nearest nowadays with an in-game UI.
    Pitbull used to be the obvious choice, but lagged behind and imo now just isn't as good as it used to be.
    stUF @ curse while initially similar in appearance offers perhaps the most substantial amount of customisation outside of dabbling with lua in oUF or something custom.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2013-12-06 at 02:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.