10+ Year Old Account

First time Tanking, seeking advice

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...blade/advanced

So, i have always been DPS, I have done some healing but always fall back to dps. As this expac is ending I really wanted to step out of my box and try something I have NEVER done, Tanking.

Keep in mind I have never tanked and this is my very first attempt to do so. I posted my toon here and I have some concerns I would like some feedback.

Gems? I feel like I am not doing it right. Would like to gem all parry/dodge. Should I go all mastery? Stamina? Crit? I am not concerned with damage out put as I am making sure I can survive and do my job. Reforging I feel isnr right as well. I see alot of tanks stacking stamina, which im not sure is right. I have tried going my icy-veins to make sure I am atleast attempting to do right but usually the good folks on here can put me on the right track.

Other than those few questions i feel I am good, I have tanked some Seige LFR and some older raids and have been told I was squishy by a monk who stacked stamina.

Any help would be great and thanks for taking the time.

I'll keep it quick:
    1. Level your professions!
    2. Either stack avoidance for Riposte (extra crit based on 75% of your avoidance rating, grants more rage for active mitigation) by stacking Parry, which will increase the damage of your Revenge via the Hold the Line glyph.
    3. Stack mastery instead to take advantage of critical block for more damage reduction.
    4. You could stand to lose a little hit.
    5. No need to gem straight stam unless you're a JC. Use parry/stam or mastery/stam depending on which method you choose to stack.
    I have tried going my icy-veins to make sure I am atleast attempting to do right but usually the good folks on here can put me on the right track.
    This is the fastest way to get on the wrong track.
    7. As far as stamina, 2 trinkets will do for most fights, unless you need to switch one out for some other stat based on the encounter.
    8. Check the sticky!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    What Idefiler said.

Furthermore,
    Specc Double time.
    Shockwave is rarely a good choice aside from trash, so is Stormbolt. Go for Dragon´s Roar + Bloodbath.
    Makro Berserkerrage to Enraged Regen.
    Proceed using Shieldblock even when you are not tanking since a glyphed Shieldbash provides more damage then two heroic strikes.
    Never, NEVER use cleave or heroic strike without ultimatum.
    Unending rage is nice, but not mandatory. With good use of mitigation you won´t hit ragecap even if it´s only 100.
    Avoidance and Mastery have both their pro and cons. Avoidance results in more damage output and the lowest damage income overall. Mastery results in less damage output but also less spiky damage.
    Never gem Stamina. Your gear is good enough to work without staminagems. Run with 1 or 2 stamina trinkets if you feel too squishy.
    It is not worth to hit every gembonus.
    Use ask mr robot to optimize reforging and gemming. Be sure to USE THE LOW STAMINA option.
    Use Riversong on your weapon (yes, riversong) and the damage enchants for shoulders and legs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.