Page 1 of 31
1
2
3
11
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Why is everyone OK with this expansion? #expandwod

    As someone who's played since BC, I'm really disappointed that people are okay with this lackluster expansion. I've watched the panels a little over a dozen times now and WoD in a nutshell is this:

    "Garrisons, mythic raids, 10 more levels, free 90 upgrade, new character models (...which won't all be available at launch)... did we mention garrisons? Garrisons are going to be cool and no, it's nothing like playerhousing"

    And then no new race or class. No class because it takes effort to balance the classes. Are they serious? The devs back in WotLK would literally be posting on the forums asking us for our feedback on classes at 1a.m. just to balance them all, not because they were torturing themselves but because they enjoyed the changes they were making and actually requesting help from players. They actually got so damn close too. Anyone who played WotLK would probably agree that the classes were most balanced near the end when compared to a different point in time during any other expansion. But they chose not to add a new class because they were afraid they would ruin the balance [they think they have]? What the flying f...?

    At this point, adding a new race just seems repetitive after Cata/MoP, so do I blame them for not announcing some new ones for WoD? Not at all. But the fact that they would also agree that adding a new race is repetitive at this point and then choose not to add a new class because it takes effort to balance the classes is absolutely lazy.

    Then they remove features to make the game simplistic to engage but "difficult to master".

    So what exactly is new with this expansion? Something as silly as pet battles, a new raid difficulty, 10 levels, and some upgraded graphics? Besides the 10 levels and a questing zone, this is as - and I hate to say it - barebones as it could get for an expansion but typical for a run of the mill WoW patch.

    Of course, I expect to see some crazies in this thread spouting some nonsense about Blizzard not having a big enough budget to go all out. That might be partially true but most companies will flat out tell you that their budget restricts them from going any further with contest. They didn't do that here.

    This expansion is disappointing. They needed to add revolutionary content to bring back all their lost subscribers - that's all they had to do. They chose the easiest, laziest way to develop an expansion and they'll feel the damage for it. WoD will do absolutely nothing to bring back WoW's subs to 10m. It'll make sub numbers slightly better first but then worse in the long run. Then eventually we'll get some dreadful news - somewhere along the lines of "Sorry guys, WoD is the last expansion but look at the bright side, we'll keep making big patches." Is this how we want the game to die?

    If you want better content, more content for this expansion: all you need to do is complain. Guys, stop trying to think optimistically. Guess what? We did that for MoP and it didn't work. The customer is always right. Blizzard can only endure so much before they suck their pride in and announce some new details for the expansion. Complaints will ensure that the devs are working harder and maybe if a Blizzard head hears about all the disappointment - just maybe they'll get a bigger budget.

    Please engage social networking - it's our most powerful tool as non-subs and subs. Use the hashtag: #expandwod and let Blizzard know that this expansion simply isn't acceptable.

    You decide the future of WoW. Take the risk with WoD or take action now and tell Blizzard this expansion needs to be the best it can be.

    Thanks guys.

  2. #2
    No new class? they added like, 7-8 new secondary stats to balance everyone around instead.

    Good luck with that though.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyctam View Post
    Anyone who played WotLK would probably agree that the classes were most balanced near the end when compared to a different point in time during any other expansion.
    I won't even bother responding to any of your other points. Classes are more balanced right now than they've ever been. But keep believing in that WOTLK balance, DKs worked out so well. Anyway, devs should have to balance 37 classes; 34 just isn't enough, right?

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyctam View Post
    As someone who's played since BC, I'm really disappointed that people are okay with this lackluster expansion. I've watched the panels a little over a dozen times now and WoD in a nutshell is this:

    "Garrisons, mythic raids, 10 more levels, free 90 upgrade, new character models (...which won't all be available at launch)... did we mention garrisons? Garrisons are going to be cool and no, it's nothing like playerhousing"

    And then no new race or class. No class because it takes effort to balance the classes. Are they serious? The devs back in WotLK would literally be posting on the forums asking us for our feedback on classes at 1a.m. just to balance them all, not because they were torturing themselves but because they enjoyed the changes they were making and actually requesting help from players. They actually got so damn close too. Anyone who played WotLK would probably agree that the classes were most balanced near the end when compared to a different point in time during any other expansion. But they chose not to add a new class because they were afraid they would ruin the balance [they think they have]? What the flying f...?

    At this point, adding a new race just seems repetitive after Cata/MoP, so do I blame them for not announcing some new ones for WoD? Not at all. But the fact that they would also agree that adding a new race is repetitive at this point and then choose not to add a new class because it takes effort to balance the classes is absolutely lazy.

    Then they remove features to make the game simplistic to engage but "difficult to master".

    So what exactly is new with this expansion? Something as silly as pet battles, a new raid difficulty, 10 levels, and some upgraded graphics? Besides the 10 levels and a questing zone, this is as - and I hate to say it - barebones as it could get for an expansion but typical for a run of the mill WoW patch.

    Of course, I expect to see some crazies in this thread spouting some nonsense about Blizzard not having a big enough budget to go all out. That might be partially true but most companies will flat out tell you that their budget restricts them from going any further with contest. They didn't do that here.

    This expansion is disappointing. They needed to add revolutionary content to bring back all their lost subscribers - that's all they had to do. They chose the easiest, laziest way to develop an expansion and they'll feel the damage for it. WoD will do absolutely nothing to bring back WoW's subs to 10m. It'll make sub numbers slightly better first but then worse in the long run. Then eventually we'll get some dreadful news - somewhere along the lines of "Sorry guys, WoD is the last expansion but look at the bright side, we'll keep making big patches." Is this how we want the game to die?

    If you want better content, more content for this expansion: all you need to do is complain. Guys, stop trying to think optimistically. Guess what? We did that for MoP and it didn't work. The customer is always right. Blizzard can only endure so much before they suck their pride in and announce some new details for the expansion. Complaints will ensure that the devs are working harder and maybe if a Blizzard head hears about all the disappointment - just maybe they'll get a bigger budget.

    Please engage social networking - it's our most powerful tool as non-subs and subs. Use the hashtag: #expandwod and let Blizzard know that this expansion simply isn't acceptable.

    You decide the future of WoW. Take the risk with WoD or take action now and tell Blizzard this expansion needs to be the best it can be.

    Thanks guys.
    As someone who played since vanilla i don´t understand how you can call it lackluster when we probably still don´t know 50% of everything new and the most new will come when people will start to play and datamine the beta, and you do realise that how fun a new class or race still is it dont even account for 0.1% of a expansion so a new class or race would not make the expansion go from lackluster to greatest and most content ever.
    Last edited by Raven; 2013-11-25 at 05:26 PM.

  5. #5
    Given the lack of anything that's happened to them since BC just call the Dranei a new race and then you can pull your panties out of the bunch they're in. I'm not Blizzard apologist but damn dude, you're basing everything you know on a press release, web video and a Blizzcon discussion.

    Guess what, you don't know enough to make an educated decision.

    Now I really do know the purpose of this thread's creation. You made a hashtag you want to catch on and wish to be some kind of martyred "great WoW player" that became famous because of some dorky online post that would become a crusade for all players.

    /golfclap

    You're so brilliant, if only everyone saw things as you do. Your feigned outrage isn't going to make you famous or get an in game item named after you.
    Last edited by Misuteri; 2013-11-25 at 05:27 PM.

  6. #6
    Oh look, another WoD Doomsayer post. Yea I played WotLK and no I dont agree with you. I m happy that resi no longer INCREASES crit chance, Armr Pen is gone, same with Spell Pen. I am happy I no longer need to spend gold on getting my "hit rating" right. Removal of secondary stats is the best thing yet, because the repetitive grind has more substance. And no longer u need make a list of all the "optimal" items for your spec before the start of your tier progression.

    About class balance, dude, u crazy. IMO the class balance is not perfect (it never is). But it was never as good as it is now.

    I am looking forward to WoD, dear Doomsayer.

    Edit: They never said that the new models wont be available at launch (no confirmed answer). Honestly, its something they have been working on for quite some while and I just hope when they launch it, its perfect.
    Last edited by obscurede; 2013-11-25 at 05:34 PM.
    How to make something chocolaty taste better you ask ? Add more chocolate with layers of chocolate.

  7. #7
    Garrisons are going to be cool and no, it's nothing like playerhousing"
    We dont want player housing. The devs said it best. World of WARCRAFT isnt a game where you pop into your own little house and hang up some flowers.

    And then no new race or class. No class because it takes effort to balance the classes. Are they serious?
    Are YOU serious? They never said this. You are severely twisting the context and words around. They said their long term vision for wow isnt a game with 50 classes/races. Thats a fair point. No need to add races or classes for the sake of it. They also said adding more classes would disrupt balance, and they feel its ok now. They didnt say they refuse to do it because 'it takes effort'.

    Stop being a melodramatic princess and maybe people will take you more seriously

  8. #8
    Scarab Lord Belize's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Standing in the Fire, as always.
    Posts
    4,424
    Did he just... put a pound symbol in the title... OH LAWDY. Credibility is gone.
    FC: 2251-6711-5951

    Prophet 60091, this is the flight number of our galactic sun

  9. #9
    Maybe we can be ok with it because from the looks of it, it offers the same amount of content as every other expansion:
    >7 new leveling zones.
    >New Character Models = New Races in terms of work
    >2 Raids with 16 bosses = MoP's 3 raids with 16 bosses
    >6 new dungeons = MoPs 6 new dungeons
    >Garrisons = a new profession/Pet Battles
    >A new class has only been added twice in nearly a decade and both times has come with issues. DK's were hell to balance, and I don't know about how well balanced Monks where/are but statistics show that they are the least played class - so are new classes really worth it?
    Disclaimer: No I'm not Alliance. I reserve the right to bat for both factions thank you very much.


  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyctam View Post
    As someone who's played since BC, I'm really disappointed that people are okay with this lackluster expansion. I've watched the panels a little over a dozen times now and WoD in a nutshell is this:
    You haven't played it.

    And then no new race or class. No class because it takes effort to balance the classes. Are they serious? The devs back in WotLK would literally be posting on the forums asking us for our feedback on classes at 1a.m. just to balance them all,
    And that worked out so well that DK's were completely overpowered for the first few weeks. Also we're getting a lot of new races with the re-models.

    This expansion is disappointing.
    You haven't played it.

    If you want better content, more content for this expansion: all you need to do is complain
    .

    You're doing plenty already.
    Pokemon Y Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.
    Friend Safari: Steel, Metang, Mawile, and Klefki.

  11. #11
    Epic! Bosbeer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    The Batcave
    Posts
    1,641
    Class that most people will just play once on an alt, bring it to 40 perhaps if they're not too busy with playing mains.
    Race that will get a starting zone of lore, which most people will skip by race changing, and then after will be thrown in the background like all the other new races.
    Yea man, it's completely worth it above updating everyone's favorite human who has square fingers.
    In all seriousness though, why do people think a new race and class will improve the game?

  12. #12
    You seem to like to considering you watched the panels over a dozen times, I watched them all once keep in mind they are almost all 1 hour or more long, I think you like it, admit it

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyctam View Post
    expansion needs to be the best it can be.
    And it will be. Whining about things won't change that.

    The fact the game isn't even in Beta yet and people are still complaining its "not good enough" boggles my mind. Seriously, go outside and get some fresh air. And that's coming from ME!

  14. #14
    Mechagnome Whidbey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Whidbey Island, WA USA
    Posts
    721
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post

    Are YOU serious? They never said this. You are severely twisting the context and words around. They said their long term vision for wow isnt a game with 50 classes/races. Thats a fair point. No need to add races or classes for the sake of it. They also said adding more classes would disrupt balance, and they feel its ok now. They didnt say they refuse to do it because 'it takes effort'.
    Actually someone from blizz did say they didn't want to adda race right now because they have got it nearly balanced.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyctam View Post
    They needed to add revolutionary content to bring back all their lost subscribers - that's all they had to do.
    Of course. All they had to do was REVOLUTIONIZE MMOs to bring everyone back - it's so simple! Why didn't they revolutionize a genre? STUPID LAZY BLIZZ!

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    We dont want player housing. The devs said it best. World of WARCRAFT isnt a game where you pop into your own little house and hang up some flowers.



    Are YOU serious? They never said this. You are severely twisting the context and words around. They said their long term vision for wow isnt a game with 50 classes/races. Thats a fair point. No need to add races or classes for the sake of it. They also said adding more classes would disrupt balance, and they feel its ok now. They didnt say they refuse to do it because 'it takes effort'.

    Stop being a melodramatic princess and maybe people will take you more seriously
    Don't speak for the entirety of WoW's playerbase when you say we don't want player housing. There are so many threads, articles, interactions about player housing it is absolutely ludicrous you would suggest otherwise.

    And I didn't twist anyone's words. Don't accuse me of being a liar.

    "The current classes are somewhat balanced, so adding a new class would upset that balance." (MMO-Champion)

  17. #17
    Stood in the Fire Chuckadoodle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Jacksonville Florida
    Posts
    412
    "you haven't played it" may just become my new sig and all i will do is reference the sig in responding to these doomsayer posts.
    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

  18. #18
    Why is it that people are making so bold statements about the Xpac when there is still a lot more to be revealed?

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyctam View Post
    As someone who's played since BC, I'm really disappointed that people are okay with this lackluster expansion. I've watched the panels a little over a dozen times now and WoD in a nutshell is this:

    "Garrisons, mythic raids, 10 more levels, free 90 upgrade, new character models (...which won't all be available at launch)... did we mention garrisons? Garrisons are going to be cool and no, it's nothing like playerhousing"

    And then no new race or class. No class because it takes effort to balance the classes. Are they serious? The devs back in WotLK would literally be posting on the forums asking us for our feedback on classes at 1a.m. just to balance them all, not because they were torturing themselves but because they enjoyed the changes they were making and actually requesting help from players. They actually got so damn close too. Anyone who played WotLK would probably agree that the classes were most balanced near the end when compared to a different point in time during any other expansion. But they chose not to add a new class because they were afraid they would ruin the balance [they think they have]? What the flying f...?

    At this point, adding a new race just seems repetitive after Cata/MoP, so do I blame them for not announcing some new ones for WoD? Not at all. But the fact that they would also agree that adding a new race is repetitive at this point and then choose not to add a new class because it takes effort to balance the classes is absolutely lazy.

    Then they remove features to make the game simplistic to engage but "difficult to master".

    So what exactly is new with this expansion? Something as silly as pet battles, a new raid difficulty, 10 levels, and some upgraded graphics? Besides the 10 levels and a questing zone, this is as - and I hate to say it - barebones as it could get for an expansion but typical for a run of the mill WoW patch.

    Of course, I expect to see some crazies in this thread spouting some nonsense about Blizzard not having a big enough budget to go all out. That might be partially true but most companies will flat out tell you that their budget restricts them from going any further with contest. They didn't do that here.

    This expansion is disappointing. They needed to add revolutionary content to bring back all their lost subscribers - that's all they had to do. They chose the easiest, laziest way to develop an expansion and they'll feel the damage for it. WoD will do absolutely nothing to bring back WoW's subs to 10m. It'll make sub numbers slightly better first but then worse in the long run. Then eventually we'll get some dreadful news - somewhere along the lines of "Sorry guys, WoD is the last expansion but look at the bright side, we'll keep making big patches." Is this how we want the game to die?

    If you want better content, more content for this expansion: all you need to do is complain. Guys, stop trying to think optimistically. Guess what? We did that for MoP and it didn't work. The customer is always right. Blizzard can only endure so much before they suck their pride in and announce some new details for the expansion. Complaints will ensure that the devs are working harder and maybe if a Blizzard head hears about all the disappointment - just maybe they'll get a bigger budget.

    Please engage social networking - it's our most powerful tool as non-subs and subs. Use the hashtag: #expandwod and let Blizzard know that this expansion simply isn't acceptable.

    You decide the future of WoW. Take the risk with WoD or take action now and tell Blizzard this expansion needs to be the best it can be.

    Thanks guys.
    I agree on everything you said mate


    27y old. French buisness lawyer. Playing what my friends are playing. Destiny and Wod.

  20. #20
    I got to the OP's second paragraph, I couldn't get past that for how stupid it was.
    This is a waste of a thread.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •