View Poll Results: Do you think Stance of the Gladiator will successfully allow prot to be viable dps?

Voters
888. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    220 24.77%
  • No

    238 26.80%
  • Skeptical yet possible

    430 48.42%
Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ...
8
9
10
11
12
20
... LastLast
  1. #181
    If prot stays generally the same as it is now, it'll for sure be viable dps.

  2. #182
    The Lightbringer Raugnaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Frogspoison#1419 Battletag
    Posts
    3,919
    After thinking about it a bit, making Shield Slam ALSO cause Thunderclap would be a helpful boost in AoE situations, allowing for many more thunderclaps then other specs, thus helping with Glad's AoE.
    Anyone ever notice how the sun seems to shine silverish now? Didn't it used to shine goldish? PM me if you've noticed this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

  3. #183
    Mechagnome khatsoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Barcelona, Spain
    Posts
    606
    I think it'll work more like doing more dps without depending on vengeance when not tanking the boss (because of swaps, etc.) and making the solo/questing etc. experience for a main spec tank better.

  4. #184
    Stood in the Fire Von Bosch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    in your basement
    Posts
    437
    Imo the talent just looks like to much of an hassle to balance and id rathr have a usefull 3th talent instead of having 2 choices and 1 half assed choice as prot, im just not buying the prot dps thing if they want it to be like locks make it a glyph so you can choose not have a place in the very core of character build up like talents cuz it just takes away choice.

  5. #185
    The Lightbringer Raugnaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Frogspoison#1419 Battletag
    Posts
    3,919
    Quote Originally Posted by khatsoo View Post
    I think it'll work more like doing more dps without depending on vengeance when not tanking the boss (because of swaps, etc.) and making the solo/questing etc. experience for a main spec tank better.
    You would be unable to tank 2 tank fights as well since you do NOT have 500% threat generation and 25% less damage taken with the talent.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Von Bosch View Post
    Imo the talent just looks like to much of an hassle to balance and id rathr have a usefull 3th talent instead of having 2 choices and 1 half assed choice as prot, im just not buying the prot dps thing if they want it to be like locks make it a glyph so you can choose not have a place in the very core of character build up like talents cuz it just takes away choice.
    Indeed. Blizz will PROBABLY turn it into a glyph, IF they keep it by my reckoning.
    Anyone ever notice how the sun seems to shine silverish now? Didn't it used to shine goldish? PM me if you've noticed this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

  6. #186
    The Lightbringer Raugnaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Frogspoison#1419 Battletag
    Posts
    3,919
    A while back, there was a blue tweet that stated that Blizz was planning on having mastery increase tanks damage in addition to providing defensive benefits. Now, a +damage portion to mastery would do the trick, but that would be pretty boring. Sadly, I can't think of any "interesting" mastery that goes along with "Critical Block", which is what our mastery is called.

    Anyone have any ideas for the upcoming damage portion of prot mastery that isnt straight +damage?
    Anyone ever notice how the sun seems to shine silverish now? Didn't it used to shine goldish? PM me if you've noticed this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

  7. #187
    Blademaster Psidum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    28
    The premise is flawed.

    Glad issues will effect prot and vice versa. If they wanted to add a shield based dps class they should just add a 4th spec for warriors and do it properly.
    14/14HM - 2013

  8. #188
    I hope they also add "While in Gladiator stance you may epuip 2H weapons in your Main hand.

    Just so I can hold a Polearm and a Shield.
    I've been asking for this for a while. Not likely but OOOOOOH boy would that be awesome. The whole Gladiator thing would make sense and if they are, for whatever weird reason, going to allow prot to dps the 2her might bridge the gap to being a full on dps with the 75% base WoD tank damage and 20% from Glad.

  9. #189
    Nah I hope it will be viable for healing since prot is so bad for healing atm.

  10. #190
    The Lightbringer Raugnaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Frogspoison#1419 Battletag
    Posts
    3,919
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdamnhero View Post
    I've been asking for this for a while. Not likely but OOOOOOH boy would that be awesome. The whole Gladiator thing would make sense and if they are, for whatever weird reason, going to allow prot to dps the 2her might bridge the gap to being a full on dps with the 75% base WoD tank damage and 20% from Glad.
    While it would be cool, I don't think it will be likely to allow 2 handed+shield. As for the dps boost, well, the mastery->crit conversion closes the 10% gap for glad warriors- allowing 2 handers to be used would be icing on the cake.
    Anyone ever notice how the sun seems to shine silverish now? Didn't it used to shine goldish? PM me if you've noticed this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

  11. #191
    While i would love to have a polearm and shield I would expect them to leave it at one handers, but who knows

  12. #192
    I did not read all the posts but did not see anyone mention that the vengeance tooltip for warriors says you only gain it while in defensive stance since this replaces D stance its safe to assume you will not gain vengeance from it and thus not effect Barrier at all

  13. #193
    Herald of the Titans Darkfriend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,924
    Quote Originally Posted by barackohmama View Post
    Nah I hope it will be viable for healing since prot is so bad for healing atm.
    Isn't that due to Sbar though? It's an absorb, instead of a heal.

  14. #194
    The Lightbringer Raugnaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Frogspoison#1419 Battletag
    Posts
    3,919
    Quote Originally Posted by Blisko View Post
    I did not read all the posts but did not see anyone mention that the vengeance tooltip for warriors says you only gain it while in defensive stance since this replaces D stance its safe to assume you will not gain vengeance from it and thus not effect Barrier at all
    Considering that vengeance will only affect defensive abilities next expansion, the loss of vengeance through glad stance won't affect much at all. Personally though, I'm of the opinion that all mechanics will act as though you are in defensive stance for purpose of both rage generation and various ability usage.
    Anyone ever notice how the sun seems to shine silverish now? Didn't it used to shine goldish? PM me if you've noticed this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

  15. #195
    The Lightbringer Raugnaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Frogspoison#1419 Battletag
    Posts
    3,919
    Meh. With the recent Warrior WoD news, it seems that Glad Stance didn't make it through the few months since beta. That, or it doesn't show up in the tooltip for the warrior.
    Anyone ever notice how the sun seems to shine silverish now? Didn't it used to shine goldish? PM me if you've noticed this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

  16. #196
    I'm on both sides of the fence. On the one hand, I like the idea and I really hope it's a viable choice. Sword and board fighters can be offensive too!

    On the other, it feels like a gimmick and if it were to become the most viable DPS spec for warriors, there'd be a lot more competition for shields. Add in the fact that primary stats will be dynamic and we suddenly have A LOT of competition for the shields - tanks, elemental and restoration shamans, holy paladins and possibly some DPS warriors.

    I don't know. I guess I do hope that they'll be able to implement it smoothly.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    Q: But who are the forum QQers going to QQ at now?
    A: They'll find another name and still miss the point that Blizzard designs as a collective.

  17. #197
    I hope not, and for so many reasons.
    Blizzard already struggle to keep some appearance of "balance" between the vast number of classes and specs we already have throwing in the need to balance extra dps specs based off of a tank will probably just cause more trouble than its worth for a cheap gimmick.
    Then you have inflation of items, 1h str dps weapons and dps shields which are only viable options for said dps class.
    Its really pointless just so you can have something that looks like a tank but instead of hitting for 10k hits for 20k and instead of taking 10k damage takes 20k damage.

  18. #198
    Scarab Lord Zka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    hungary
    Posts
    4,188
    I would LOVE to play shield dps, but looks like I won't have the chance

    Retired raider coming back for WoD.
    WoD BETA CLUB

  19. #199
    I could not think of a reason why people would oppose an idea for us running around with a shield and a one hander and kill stuff.. i cant even comprehend why someone would be against this.. it's so iconic.. it's so fucking cool.. SUPPORT IT.. WHINE IF IT GETS REMOVED.. we need this.. it's gonna give us more options..

    and dont even get me started on the cool factor.

  20. #200
    Stood in the Fire Von Bosch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    in your basement
    Posts
    437
    Quote Originally Posted by godz View Post
    I could not think of a reason why people would oppose an idea for us running around with a shield and a one hander and kill stuff.. i cant even comprehend why someone would be against this.. it's so iconic.. it's so fucking cool.. SUPPORT IT.. WHINE IF IT GETS REMOVED.. we need this.. it's gonna give us more options..

    and dont even get me started on the cool factor.


    You ask people to support a talent that is basicly like warlocks demon hunter glyph except now its a talent and is just a sore to the eye because it just takes away option for prot.....

    You are calling it more options , i call its taking AWAY choices.
    You are calling it cool , i call it a balance sore.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •