Poll: Do you think Stance of the Gladiator will successfully allow prot to be viable dps?

Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I would be willing to bet they dont end up keeping that plan.

How would they make it work without set bonuses?

I hope so, a shield wearing DPS spec is something I've always wanted as a warrior.

Would absolutely love a shield class that is a damage dealer. A unique concept that I hope works.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    How would they make it work without set bonuses?
    well sense all set bonuses adjust for your current spec they could easily have them adjust if you were in glad stance if they needed too, or just make bonuses for prot that also benefit glad

Deleted
    No, but it will break PvP. -30% dmg and solid dps (less than arms/furby but still more than naked) and more CC in form of knockback.

I think 1 patch it will be removed, nerfed to the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by VoidyTv View Post
    No, but it will break PvP. -30% dmg and solid dps (less than arms/furby but still more than naked) and more CC in form of knockback.

Except you didn't read the tooltip. Read it next time.
    4/12/292277026596 15:30:08

Quote Originally Posted by VoidyTv View Post

Might need to read that better. Can't switch stances in battle - which means they'll need to choose between -30% damage OR the DPS.

Although, it's worthy to note that as of now, Celestalon said they plan on balancing it to be on par with Arms and Fury. It won't break PvP though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow the Edgehog View Post
    Might need to read that better. Can't switch stances in battle - which means they'll need to choose between -30% damage OR the DPS.

Although, it's worthy to note that as of now, Celestalon said they plan on balancing it to be on par with Arms and Fury. It won't break PvP though.
    Also note that it loses Unwavering Sentinel

I'm going to make it my Warriors mainspec so I hope it stays :P. I don't really do more than farm Shadowmournes/Invincables or farm Glaives with the Warriors tho.
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Requiel View Post
    Also note that it loses Unwavering Sentinel
    For all intents and purposes, it's another spec in the same tree as Protection - they've managed to put it so that we don't get the Feral Druid pre-MoP situation again though.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow the Edgehog View Post
    For all intents and purposes, it's another spec in the same tree as Protection - they've managed to put it so that we don't get the Feral Druid pre-MoP situation again though.
    Correct.

i think i need to reread patch notes or something. i have no idea whats going on.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    i think i need to reread patch notes or something. i have no idea whats going on.
    Imagine pre-MoP Feral Druids who can't change between cat and bear forms in combat. There, you have Gladiator Warriors.

Well, i started a blog about it.. because this should be amazing.

We basically have a talent that lets us forgo battle stance, in place we get Gladiator Stance.
    We're still prot, but we'll be a dps class. We can't stancedance in combat, so its all-in.
    This is by far the most exciting note of all the patches imo. Playing prot this xpac was like a dps class then got REALLY good .
    Armory
    Twitter
    Gladiator's Resolve Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Von Bosch View Post
    Warriors are hereos that draw thier super human strength from thier relentless fury and thier unstoppeble willpower to fight on til the end of days.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is really exciting. Hoping it makes it into the game. It sounds great!
    RIP <SoP>

Deleted
    Call me old-school but I still feel Survivability/Threat generation shouldn't also be /DPS

Quote Originally Posted by evilness View Post
    Call me old-school but I still feel Survivability/Threat generation shouldn't also be /DPS
    Which is why they're nerfing tank damage (removing Vengeance and making it a flat 50-70% of DPS' output), as well as making you unable to tank or be extremely beefy in Gladiator Stance (Which cannot be changed in combat, and replaces Battle Stance.)

In other words:
    If you enter combat in Defensive Stance, you are a tank, you cannot change to Gladiator Stance.
    If you enter combat in Gladiator Stance, you are a DPS, and you cannot change to Defensive Stance to begin tanking.
    Originally Posted by Daxxarri
    It's because of that thing you did that one time. We know. (source)

Glad stance will be a candidate for top dps.
    I've always wanted to be a sword and board dps!

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey I'ma piggyback on this thread instead of making a whole new one since this ones all about dat gladiator stance. Does anybody know if there will be shields that have dps bonus stats. Like how peices could have bonus armor and such?