Poll: Do you think Stance of the Gladiator will successfully allow prot to be viable dps?

Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonus-WOW View Post
    Wait, what?
    He's wrong. The bladed armor passive learned by tank specs (including gladiator, since it's still a tank SPEC) will cause bonus armor to give you the same amount of attack power, point for point. It will absolutely be a strong stat to stack as a gladiator.

http://beta.wowdb.com/spells/161608-bladed-armor

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    I hope it stays and is competitive with fury... I've been wanting a sword&board dps for a while now... I don't understand why people wouldn't want the option... how does it hurt them if they don't want to play it? all they have to do is choose another one of the tier100 talents instead of this one...
    Because it opens up the very real potential problem that protection warriors become the "third" tank that goes dps for 2 tank fights because its much simpler (literally the same gear for both specs just a talent switch) for them to do so. Some people dont think this will happen or that it doesnt matter if it does happen but to the first I can only say we'll have to wait and see and to the second it does matter to me I chose tank to play tank not to play some gimmick dps spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Ssateneth View Post
    He's wrong. The bladed armor passive learned by tank specs (including gladiator, since it's still a tank SPEC) will cause bonus armor to give you the same amount of attack power, point for point. It will absolutely be a strong stat to stack as a gladiator.

http://beta.wowdb.com/spells/161608-bladed-armor
    D E F E N S I V E, defensive.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khorm View Post
    D E F E N S I V E, defensive.
    Where does it say defensive sorry?

What he was saying is armor will keep giving you the dmg it will just lose it's defensive boost when in glad. I dont remember seeing that anywhere but I believe that is the claim he is making.

Also I didn't expect to see armor and spirit on gems or enchants that way the gear is still good if you swap specs and the stats change.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is gonna be a bad move.
    While we're at it, why not give healers more dps than actual dps? And make healers tank. Because why the hell not?!
    And even though it's reached new heights, I rather like the restless nights. It makes me wonder, makes me think there's more to this, I'm on the brink. It's not the fear of what's beyond, it's just that I might not respond! I have an interest, almost craving, would I like to get to far in?!

Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    This is gonna be a bad move.
    While we're at it, why not give healers more dps than actual dps? And make healers tank. Because why the hell not?!
    Congratulations on not understanding Gladiator Stance and assuming that sitting in Gladiator Stance will allow you to tank. And if that's not your assumption and you're "asking" for healers to get a dps spec and/or a tank spec, then yeah, why not indeed. New ways to play old classes isn't something that should be scoffed at, especially since it means it's a lot less work than trying to brew up a new class from the ground up.
    4/12/292277026596 15:30:08

Quote Originally Posted by Mintie View Post
    Congratulations on not understanding Gladiator Stance and assuming that sitting in Gladiator Stance will allow you to tank. And if that's not your assumption and you're "asking" for healers to get a dps spec and/or a tank spec, then yeah, why not indeed. New ways to play old classes isn't something that should be scoffed at, especially since it means it's a lot less work than trying to brew up a new class from the ground up.
    This forum really jumps off that "OH MY GOD, GLADIATOR'S CAN'T TANK" ledge really quick.

Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    This forum really jumps off that "OH MY GOD, GLADIATOR'S CAN'T TANK" ledge really quick.
    ok yes, we all already know that a prot warrior with the glad talent can when out of combat swap stances and tank. Just as an arms warrior when out of combat could swap specs and a couple pieces of gear and tank. because of this people have adopted talking about a glad warrior as a 4th spec not connected to prot. It functions basically like 4th spec that just happens to use identical gear to prot and other than bonus armor may have a totally different stat priority so they may need to adjust gear as well.

I choose to believe however that you are intelligent enough to see this on your own and are therefore choosing to get into a semantics battle because A your simply looking to pick fights or B looking for a way to boost your post count by repeating this over and over again either way grow up and knock it off your not adding anything productive.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still think that they could have done a real 4th spec, seriously...

Quote Originally Posted by DrArtorius View Post
    Trust me, I do too. The only way to import a character from armory with a gladiator dps action list in simcraft is to check what role the player selected. So if you import your character with gladiator's resolve talented and forget to swap the role, it'll just import you as a tank.

Honestly it is just a number's game.

The design is right there, so if the % damage increase is right - the spec will work.

Quote Originally Posted by DrArtorius View Post
    So you want them to have an entire 4th spec with only one ability changed?

Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    So you want them to have an entire 4th spec with only one ability changed?
    Switching to Gladiator Stance changes multiple abilities. It's more than enough for them to have created a fourth spec instead.

What other abilities than Shield Block get changed? Unless you're referring to passives that get disabled, which aren't abilities. I've read through this and this a few times, and the only ability I can see that gets changed (even double checked wowhead) was Shield Block to Shield Charge. The only other thing he mentions was turning off of Unwavering Sentinel. There literally hasn't been any additional information that's gone out about the talent/stance. I'd love to be proven wrong about this though.

7+ Year Old Account
    allows you to forgo your defensive role and instead focus only on offensive capabilities, by replacing battle stance with gladiator stance

to forgo means to give up, therefore you wont be a tank anymore. and if you are not a tank or a healer u have to be a dps right? Also notice that battle stance is the one replaced, meaning you can choose to dps or tank within the same specialization.

you cannot change into or out of this stance while in combat

so you cant be a back up dps during tank swaps or a back up tank if main dies. more reason to make it a viable dps choice.
    I don't care if the dps output is lower than arms and fury, I will choose it over them anyday

I don't like Gladiator Stance being a talent, it should be a spec. Kinda sucks for a tank to only have two choices in 100 talents.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope so.

I can see Glad stance being a DPS spec that has passive defenses instead of active defense like Arms/Fury has.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintie View Post
    *cough* WARLOCK TANKING *cough*

Oh the irony of them making a tank spec able to dps but the other way around is appearently too much work (4 buttons to press in order is hard to design, durr).

From the last tests Glads are performing quite excellent. Still trying to figure out if macroing a 2handed weapon into Bladestorm is a smart idea or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaragoth View Post
    *cough* WARLOCK TANKING *cough*

Oh the irony of them making a tank spec able to dps but the other way around is appearently too much work (4 buttons to press in order is hard to design, durr).
    Tank balance is about AM and Defensive CD's.