View Poll Results: Do you think Stance of the Gladiator will successfully allow prot to be viable dps?

Voters
829. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    182 21.95%
  • No

    233 28.11%
  • Skeptical yet possible

    414 49.94%
Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
13
... LastLast
  1. #41
    They'll be as competitive as demo locks with the tank glyph are.

  2. #42
    I hope if they keep trying to add the shield dps (I really hope it happens too) that they just go the druid route and make it a 4th spec.

    Keeping it tied to prot gives it the same problems feral had when they were intertwined.

  3. #43
    Pandaren Monk Archimtiros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,908
    Quote Originally Posted by Keltas View Post
    I hope if they keep trying to add the shield dps (I really hope it happens too) that they just go the druid route and make it a 4th spec.

    Keeping it tied to prot gives it the same problems feral had when they were intertwined.
    Can hope all you want but we aren't going to have 3 Melee DPS and 1 Tank spec. Druids were a special case because a lot of their abilities changed based on whether or not they were cat or bear, and button bloat was getting out of hand. With the condensing of abilities/talents/etc in Cata into more class passives; it made sense to separate the two and give them a dedicated melee and dedicated tank spec. Warriors simply don't need it.
    Glad Stance will be cool and fun, and give Prot Warriors an option to do something different, but don't kid yourselves, its not going to be a Heroic (Mythic) competitive raid spec.

    Now what would be cool for them to do, is make Glad Stance replace Berzerker Stance instead of Defensive. Tanks could then pop Glad Stance while not currently tanking to boost their damage some/kill an add quick/whatever, and pop back into Defensive when its their turn to taunt. That is the only way I see Glad Stance being raid viable. Tune as necessary.
    Could even expand the talent, do away with the silly life tap and give Fury/Arms a version that replaces a stance to do something special.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Keltas View Post
    I hope if they keep trying to add the shield dps (I really hope it happens too) that they just go the druid route and make it a 4th spec.

    Keeping it tied to prot gives it the same problems feral had when they were intertwined.
    The only problems that would be intertwined would be damage and survival tuning outside of what you get from Defensive stance. Unlike bearcatting you can't suddenly go to your tank stance and be crit immune, take less damage, have more health, and more threat, and exploit the fact that you have a completely additional set of bleeds you can apply for essentially unintended dmg, or something like pulverize that gave you free free crit chance for your cat form bleed application. There is so much less room for exploitation.

    I am not saying I don't wish it was a 4th spec, because I really do want to see that. But the exploitation/bearcatting arguments are moot. Better arguments are, it's a huge weight to put on a singular talent or glyph, it provides a play style only available to level capped characters, despite being an amazing leveling option, this also means that players that do not try prot as a tank prior to lvl 100 are less likely to try this because they have no familiarity with the spec/play style AT ALL.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Can hope all you want but we aren't going to have 3 Melee DPS and 1 Tank spec. Druids were a special case because a lot of their abilities changed based on whether or not they were cat or bear, and button bloat was getting out of hand. With the condensing of abilities/talents/etc in Cata into more class passives; it made sense to separate the two and give them a dedicated melee and dedicated tank spec. Warriors simply don't need it.
    Glad Stance will be cool and fun, and give Prot Warriors an option to do something different, but don't kid yourselves, its not going to be a Heroic (Mythic) competitive raid spec.

    Now what would be cool for them to do, is make Glad Stance replace Berzerker Stance instead of Defensive. Tanks could then pop Glad Stance while not currently tanking to boost their damage some/kill an add quick/whatever, and pop back into Defensive when its their turn to taunt. That is the only way I see Glad Stance being raid viable. Tune as necessary.
    Could even expand the talent, do away with the silly life tap and give Fury/Arms a version that replaces a stance to do something special.
    Why are you being so narrow minded about this? There is at least as much reason if not more for them to make this a viable DPS option in all modes of raiding and or a separate spec all it's own. Yes it will take dev and play testing time that might be spent on something else but the pay off could potentially be much larger. and there is ZERO reason they can not maintain a near 10% delta between three specs(assuming they fix the issue of arms pvp->pve dmg). This would also add a gateway spec to get more people to try prot warrior tanking.

    "OH hey that shield is on rot, let me get that and try the S+B DPS spec I hear it's pretty viable."
    *a few weeks go by*
    "Man I am loving this S+B dps, but these DPS que times SUCK. I heard/read the rotation is basically the same for the tank spec, just have some extra off GCD defensive abilities and oh shit buttons maybe I will give that a try, can't hurt I have the gear"
    *a few more weeks*
    "So guys I have been loving the S+B DPS, and tanking staff for near instant ques in my downtime without having to change more then trinkets/rings is pretty awesome and it plays so similar. If we ever need a back up tank I AM TOTALLY YOUR MAN"
    THE END
    *Scroll Credits*

  5. #45
    Herald of the Titans Valarius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Cymru
    Posts
    2,982
    I don't think they'll make it so that it's as good as an actual DPS spec.

    It would be a little dumb really for the other 1h/shield tanks to be competing against "Gladiator spec" all of a sudden for nicely itemised shields when the Warrior already has TWO other specs he could be playing (and also collecting weapons for).

    Still, it's an interesting idea and one that I'm looking forward to trying. Hopefully if the "experiment" goes well they'll do similar things with other classes. It just screams "Glyph of Demon Hunting" to me though. It'll either be severely under or over-powered and a nightmare to balance such that they'll just nerf it to the ground like they did with Warlock tanking.

    Edit: as the post above states, it's also a good idea as a gate-way into actual tanking. Same/similar rotation, you can even use the same gear (mostly) for it.

    Edit2: there might also be some problems with the survivability this "spec" would get compared to the Arms + Fury Warriors. If it was on par with them for DPS, it might even be the only spec you'd want to play on some bosses given things like Last Stand, Barrier/Block/Stam+Arm+CritImmunity passives (none of which are tied to Def Stance) etc. You'd just be enjoying much less squishiness (whilst also having the ability to taunt and cooldown-tank a boss for a bit thanks to crit immune) overall whilst pumping out the same damage.

    I guess it'll depend on what the full package looks like come WoD.
    Last edited by Valarius; 2013-12-08 at 03:15 AM.
    Steam: dartagnus or Valarius | GW2: Valarius.9437 | WoW: Valarius#2649
    Let's play!

  6. #46
    wait your argument is too much competition for shields? really? that is where you chose to go? /facepalm, there are 15 possible tanking combinations assuming a two tank roster(and for sake of simplicity our warrior is THE back up third tank). There is a 60% chance that shields will be contested by at least 1 tank, a 20% chance they will be contested by both tanks, and a 40% chance no one else gives a Rattus norvegicus' posterior about the shield.

  7. #47
    I really hope it will turn prot into a dps spec. It's basically the reason I'm working on making a Warrior right now. I love being able to dps with a sword and shield. That's why I am looking forward to the D3 expac.

  8. #48
    Pandaren Monk Archimtiros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,908
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiboy View Post
    Why are you being so narrow minded about this? There is at least as much reason if not more for them to make this a viable DPS option in all modes of raiding and or a separate spec all it's own. Yes it will take dev and play testing time that might be spent on something else but the pay off could potentially be much larger. and there is ZERO reason they can not maintain a near 10% delta between three specs(assuming they fix the issue of arms pvp->pve dmg). This would also add a gateway spec to get more people to try prot warrior tanking.
    Because its far too much to put on a single talent. IF they decided to make it a true fourth spec, yes I would expect atleast some attempt at making it competitive (atleast in so much as Arms is to Fury). But all that design and balance for a single talent on a tier of three? You have to be kidding me.
    They are already talking about scraping the talent because they think it does too much for a simple talent, you think they are going to go through the work of balancing it to be competitive with Fury? Over a single talent? They can't even keep Arms and Fury balanced.
    Keep in mind, this is at the same time that people are complaining that Rogue/Hunter specs are far too alike, and yet we are going to make a competitive S+B spec using the exact same rotation as the Tank spec. The talent is there for fun and to give you options. Not to make your Diablo 3 Crusader dreams come true.


    As before I think you grossly misunderstand my definition of "competitive". Anything content that you are queuing for is not competitive. I am talking about Heroic (Mythic) raid Damage Dealing competitive. Which is a level that serious players don't even play Arms, because its behind Fury. Same reason most Locks don't have a Demo spec anymore, Rogues barely use Combat, and Hunters don't go Marks. These are the people that will play at the absolute top of the game, could you imagine the outrage if they started all going Prot just for Glad Stance? And thats ignoring the fact that it locks you out of the other two talents on the tree.
    Use it in LFR, or Flex (normal). I am sure it will work just fine there, same as Arms does currently; but it won't be tuned to specifically be competitive with Fury I guarantee it.

    Also, I'm not even going to touch your little roleplay at the bottom because that's about the most lawl-worthy thing I've read all weekend. Thanks for giving me a laugh.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Skiboy View Post
    wait your argument is too much competition for shields? really? that is where you chose to go? /facepalm, there are 15 possible tanking combinations assuming a two tank roster(and for sake of simplicity our warrior is THE back up third tank). There is a 60% chance that shields will be contested by at least 1 tank, a 20% chance they will be contested by both tanks, and a 40% chance no one else gives a Rattus norvegicus' posterior about the shield.
    And your argument is that because there is a shield the DPS Warrior will go S+B DPS instead of Arms/Fury because its easier for him to then swap to Tanking when a backup is needed?
    And here I thought everyone had dual spec now.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Can hope all you want but we aren't going to have 3 Melee DPS and 1 Tank spec. Druids were a special case because a lot of their abilities changed based on whether or not they were cat or bear, and button bloat was getting out of hand. With the condensing of abilities/talents/etc in Cata into more class passives; it made sense to separate the two and give them a dedicated melee and dedicated tank spec. Warriors simply don't need it.
    Glad Stance will be cool and fun, and give Prot Warriors an option to do something different, but don't kid yourselves, its not going to be a Heroic (Mythic) competitive raid spec.

    Now what would be cool for them to do, is make Glad Stance replace Berzerker Stance instead of Defensive. Tanks could then pop Glad Stance while not currently tanking to boost their damage some/kill an add quick/whatever, and pop back into Defensive when its their turn to taunt. That is the only way I see Glad Stance being raid viable. Tune as necessary.
    Could even expand the talent, do away with the silly life tap and give Fury/Arms a version that replaces a stance to do something special.
    Most people wouldn't care if it's heroic raiding viable, that doesn't make a spec fun/not fun (I play MM hunter on the farm bosses, it's fun to me, idc if it's less viable) plus, all the pure classes have 3 dps specs, it wouldn't be the end of the world having 3 on warriors.

    As you and the poster below you said, the druid split was because of innate tankiness/dps ability of being one spec, but that still applies here (although to a lesser extent, but still, having all of those defensive cooldowns would make it mandatory on a lot of fights even if it did slightly less damage.)

    Edit: Since you just posted that it would be the exact same as a prot warrior rotation. If it was made into a fourth spec, I see no reason they wouldn't give it new/different abilities to make it a true sword and board dps spec.
    Last edited by Keltas; 2013-12-08 at 03:56 AM.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    And your argument is that because there is a shield the DPS Warrior will go S+B DPS instead of Arms/Fury because its easier for him to then swap to Tanking when a backup is needed?
    And here I thought everyone had dual spec now.
    NO my argument is that loot considerations have ZERO bearing on it being a viable option and if anything are drastically in favor of it.
    Assuming 1 of each class minimum 2 of each class max, and no more then half your DPS as melee you can still max out at 8 strength 2H weapons required by your raid, you will never go above 4 strength shields.(all for main spec and assuming S+B dps is a viable spec.)
    Also if they make DK's favor similar stat priorities between Blood and FOTM DPS spec, you have the exact same situation as what I proposed, for being a back up tank.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Keltas View Post
    Most people wouldn't care if it's heroic raiding viable, that doesn't make a spec fun/not fun (I play MM hunter on the farm bosses, it's fun to me, idc if it's less viable) plus, all the pure classes have 3 dps specs, it wouldn't be the end of the world having 3 on warriors.

    As you and the poster below you said, the druid split was because of innate tankiness/dps ability of being one spec, but that still applies here (although to a lesser extent, but still, having all of those defensive cool downs would make it mandatory on a lot of fights even if it did slightly less damage.)

    Edit: Since you just posted that it would be the exact same as a prot warrior rotation. If it was made into a fourth spec, I see no reason they wouldn't give it new/different abilities to make it a true sword and board dps spec.
    What current defensive CD's do you possibly see being so mandatory people would be forced to run this as a DPS? Instead of having DBtS, you have Demo shout and last stand, that is it, and no defensive stance for reduced damage yeah you can block but without the innate damage reduction of Defensive stance that's far less effective then it appears, also vengeance being reworked to increase defensive abilities and not offensive abilities and you no being able to get vengeance, while tank incoming damage will clearly be tuned around them having it, makes it even less viable.

  11. #51
    Herald of the Titans Valarius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Cymru
    Posts
    2,982
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiboy View Post
    wait your argument is too much competition for shields? really? that is where you chose to go? /facepalm, there are 15 possible tanking combinations assuming a two tank roster(and for sake of simplicity our warrior is THE back up third tank). There is a 60% chance that shields will be contested by at least 1 tank, a 20% chance they will be contested by both tanks, and a 40% chance no one else gives a Rattus norvegicus' posterior about the shield.
    Try reading my entire post instead of the first line and going off on one as if my musings on potential problems will make Blizzard go "you know... Valarius is right, fuck Gladiator Stance".

    It's merely one aspect, and a legitimate one. We already compete for 1-handers with the right stats. I'm sure your tank is going to get pissed pretty quick when your DPS Warrior with higher "loot points" takes the only shield they've seen so far so he can try this new thing everybody's buzzing about out. You roster and guild structure is not the same as everyone else's. I guarantee you that this will cause drama in some guilds.

    Mind, if you'd read my post you'd know I'm excited to try this out on my Prot Warrior and you could have saved your fingers.
    Steam: dartagnus or Valarius | GW2: Valarius.9437 | WoW: Valarius#2649
    Let's play!

  12. #52
    The Lightbringer Ermahgerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    3,321
    I hope not. Tanks are in general you know... more tanky. Even if they remove the "damage reduction" parts and the "increase stamina by %" parts on tank stances, they would still have active mitigation which would be incredibly annoying to deal with. Besides, they would be used more for CC than damage I reckon as well.

  13. #53
    Herald of the Titans Valarius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Cymru
    Posts
    2,982
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiboy View Post
    What current defensive CD's do you possibly see being so mandatory people would be forced to run this as a DPS? Instead of having DBtS, you have Demo shout and last stand, that is it, and no defensive stance for reduced damage yeah you can block but without the innate damage reduction of Defensive stance that's far less effective then it appears, also vengeance being reworked to increase defensive abilities and not offensive abilities and you no being able to get vengeance, while tank incoming damage will clearly be tuned around them having it, makes it even less viable.
    Demo Shout is a 10s/1m CD 20% reduction. Just for respeccing. DbtS is a 8s/2min CD 20% reduction. It's up twice as often. There's no parry addition, but I have found the times I use it to parry for 8 seconds are few and far between.

    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=29144/ - lots of free mitigation, gives the DPS the ability to cooldown tank much more effectively than a Frost/UH/Ret/Kitty/WW can.

    Barrier can be used defensively further adding to your ability to mitigate. You also get Last Stand, again just for respeccing. A cooldown is a cooldown.

    Not sure if they said anything about Vengeance whilst using this stance. I know it wont increase your Attack Power anymore, but it will increase defensive skills... Barrier is a defensive so assuming that just by being Prot specced you would gain Vengeance, Barrier would scale, which means higher conversions into damage through SSlam. So that would need addressing to prevent Gladiators doing weird things like taunting adds to them or standing in boss blasts.

    As I said... it depends on what the whole kit looks like come WoD. It's possible things like Demo Shout will be gone or base-line so the mitigation difference wont be a concern. If it were using the same kit as today and the spec did equal DPS, there'd be significant downsides to playing Arms and Fury.
    Last edited by Valarius; 2013-12-08 at 05:04 AM.
    Steam: dartagnus or Valarius | GW2: Valarius.9437 | WoW: Valarius#2649
    Let's play!

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    Try reading my entire post instead of the first line and going off on one as if my musings on potential problems will make Blizzard go "you know... Valarius is right, fuck Gladiator Stance".

    It's merely one aspect, and a legitimate one. We already compete for 1-handers with the right stats. I'm sure your tank is going to get pissed pretty quick when your DPS Warrior with higher "loot points" takes the only shield they've seen so far so he can try this new thing everybody's buzzing about out. You roster and guild structure is not the same as everyone else's. I guarantee you that this will cause drama in some guilds.

    Mind, if you'd read my post you'd know I'm excited to try this out on my Prot Warrior and you could have saved your fingers.
    My point was that argument is one of the worst you can make... and I accounted for all 15 possible tank configurations. there are far more raid comps that have you competing for more then 2x2H weps(the max number of shields users besides yourself). The competition for 1h strength weapons is limited to both prot specs(warrior and pally) SMF, and DW frost.

    I was not trying to be argumentative for the sake of it, I was specifically pointing out how that is something that should not be a consideration for not implementing this.

    And as for your points about Unwavering Sentinel, easy fix only active while in defensive stance. No defensive stance no Unwavering Sentinel. Shield Block and Shield barrier will as I mentioned be balanced around you having vengeance which you won't be able to get, so their contribution to survival will be greatly diminished if balancing is done correctly.

    Vengeance warrior edition
    Last edited by Skiboy; 2013-12-08 at 05:05 AM.

  15. #55
    Can someone explain to me why tanks need to have viable dps?

  16. #56
    Pandaren Monk Archimtiros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,908
    Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=29144/ - lots of free mitigation, gives the DPS the ability to cooldown tank much more effectively than a Frost/UH/Ret/Kitty/WW can.

    Barrier can be used defensively further adding to your ability to mitigate. You also get Last Stand, again just for respeccing. A cooldown is a cooldown.

    Not sure if they said anything about Vengeance whilst using this stance. I know it wont increase your Attack Power anymore, but it will increase defensive skills... Barrier is a defensive so assuming that just by being Prot specced you would gain Vengeance, Barrier would scale, which means higher conversions into damage through SSlam. So that would need addressing to prevent Gladiators doing weird things like taunting adds to them or standing in boss blasts.

    As I said... it depends on what the whole kit looks like come WoD. It's possible things like Demo Shout will be gone or base-line so the mitigation difference wont be a concern. If it were using the same kit as today and the spec did equal DPS, there'd be significant downsides to playing Arms and Fury.
    Demo Shout is not raid wide. Tooltip in link, it specifically reduces the damage the effected target deals to you.

    You don't get Vengeance when not in Defensive Stance, so it doesn't really matter how they change it.
    DBTS is arguably better than Last Stand, though depends on the usage. If anything though, DPS specs have more survivability simply because of Defensive Stance 25% mitigation on demand.

    Quote Originally Posted by Keltas View Post
    Most people wouldn't care if it's heroic raiding viable, that doesn't make a spec fun/not fun (I play MM hunter on the farm bosses, it's fun to me, idc if it's less viable) plus, all the pure classes have 3 dps specs, it wouldn't be the end of the world having 3 on warriors.

    As you and the poster below you said, the druid split was because of innate tankiness/dps ability of being one spec, but that still applies here (although to a lesser extent, but still, having all of those defensive cooldowns would make it mandatory on a lot of fights even if it did slightly less damage.)

    Edit: Since you just posted that it would be the exact same as a prot warrior rotation. If it was made into a fourth spec, I see no reason they wouldn't give it new/different abilities to make it a true sword and board dps spec.

    This was the point I was trying to make. Despite my arguing on this thread, I like the talent. I really do, because it opens a lot of fun options for Prot Warriors. I have been trying to temper peoples expectations. There will of course be people who want to play it and will in lesser difficulties, but there are people here who assume it will be auto tuned to the same level of competitiveness as other "mainline" damage specs, which is rediculous. There isn't a magic button that tunes each spec, it's actually quite complicated, and they would never go through so much work for a single talent for a tank sub-spec.

    If it was made into a true fourth spec, yes I expect it would be balanced better/more competitively and get new/different abilities as you said. We can hope that this Gladiator experiment leads to that in the future, but people need to remember that they are two very different things.

  17. #57
    Epic! -Skye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Liverpool, UK.
    Posts
    1,675
    No it'll probably be a fun flavor type thing, a bit like Demon Hunters for warlocks. In my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    Nah, I disagree with your elitist mentality.
    Tier gear should be available during the leveling process. I don't want to have to mingle with these eltitist jerks in LFR to get gear as it is. I pay a sub fee, I shouldn't have to do LFR to get raid gear, much less Flex or Normal.

  18. #58
    Herald of the Titans Valarius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Cymru
    Posts
    2,982
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiboy View Post
    Didn't realise it was tied to Def Stance (assumed it was just by being Prot) so that's that cleared up. Like I said, it's all about the kit. I've no doubt they will tie Sentinel to D.Stance to make Gladiators susceptible to crits. Also they want to make armour "desirable" (or something) so that additional 25% would have to be moved out of reach.

    If they did that then just having LS and DShout wont be an issue. It's really moreso that passive that would make them a little *too* good in the defensive department since it's essentially the core of all tanks (crit immunity, stam boost and armour/dmg reduction).
    Steam: dartagnus or Valarius | GW2: Valarius.9437 | WoW: Valarius#2649
    Let's play!

  19. #59
    Scarab Lord nightfalls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    4,171
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    They'll be as competitive as demo locks with the tank glyph are.
    The difference is that the Talent will not allow them to Tank anymore (while Demo with the tank glyph can still DPS just as 100% effectively)

    That said... my real question... when it comes to "adding new specs" do warriors really need a 3rd melee DPS spec seeing as 1) they are already tank/DPS hybrids, and 2) this wouldn't even be adding anything new. Rogues have problems with specs feeling too different, hunters have problems with specs feeling too different, so the solution is to dump all effort into creating a 3rd melee physical DPS spec for warriors?

    I mean, if warriors needed another spec (I don't think they do at this point), at least give them one that's a bit different (say, a "throw-warrior" or something).

  20. #60
    Pandaren Monk Archimtiros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,908
    Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    Didn't realise it was tied to Def Stance (assumed it was just by being Prot) so that's that cleared up. Like I said, it's all about the kit. I've no doubt they will tie Sentinel to D.Stance to make Gladiators susceptible to crits. Also they want to make armour "desirable" (or something) so that additional 25% would have to be moved out of reach.

    If they did that then just having LS and DShout wont be an issue. It's really moreso that passive that would make them a little *too* good in the defensive department since it's essentially the core of all tanks (crit immunity, stam boost and armour/dmg reduction).
    Not sure I agree tbh. In raid you very rarely take "random damage" that kills you. Its often the pre-planned damage; the high damage you know you are going to take, that kills you. That's where your cooldowns come in.
    As for Unwavering Sentinel; most boss abilities, aside from direct attacks, don't Crit; making that part relatively useless outside of PvP/Soloing. Only the ones that are physical damage are reduced by Armor, so the +25% Armor isn't amazing mitigation. So your really only left with +15% Stamina, which is an awesome passive to have; but I don't know if it is as good as an on demand, always available 25% damage mitigation with no cooldown.

    It would be cool if they brought back Armed to the Teeth (Armor gives AP). I reckon its too much to bake it into the talent without the tooltip becoming a mile long, but if they ever truly made a 4th "Prot-DPS/Sword and Board" spec, it would be neat.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    The difference is that the Talent will not allow them to Tank anymore (while Demo with the tank glyph can still DPS just as 100% effectively)

    That said... my real question... when it comes to "adding new specs" do warriors really need a 3rd melee DPS spec seeing as 1) they are already tank/DPS hybrids, and 2) this wouldn't even be adding anything new. Rogues have problems with specs feeling too different, hunters have problems with specs feeling too different, so the solution is to dump all effort into creating a 3rd melee physical DPS spec for warriors?

    I mean, if warriors needed another spec (I don't think they do at this point), at least give them one that's a bit different (say, a "throw-warrior" or something).
    Nope, and that was my point earlier. But fanboys gonna be fanboys. I dunno if anyone remembers back in the days of qq'ing over Melee Hunters because everyone wanted to name their Night Elf Drizzt.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •