Warrior Challenge Modes advice

Hey everyone. I never cared for the challenge modes but since there is a lack of things to do in wow till WoD I thought I'd give them a shot. I play an Arms Warrior and I'm just a bit confused right now. Is this spec wanted for challenge modes? Every group I see never seems to want anything apart from a ele sham lock or mage.

Is arms in the same place as balance druid in the sense that they are useless in challenge modes?
    I'm sat in full pvp gear atm but I can farm a BiS challenge mode set if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Voisier View Post
    Hey everyone. I never cared for the challenge modes but since there is a lack of things to do in wow till WoD I thought I'd give them a shot. I play an Arms Warrior and I'm just a bit confused right now. Is this spec wanted for challenge modes? Every group I see never seems to want anything apart from a ele sham lock or mage.

Is arms in the same place as balance druid in the sense that they are useless in challenge modes?
    I'm sat in full pvp gear atm but I can farm a BiS challenge mode set if needed.
    I did 9/9 on my arms warrior alt,you don't really need BiS CM set of gear to get gold,thats mostly for going for realm first times. Anyways,Arms is pretty good on thrash which is the most important part of CMs (bosses are easier then most thrash packs),I went with Vigilance/Bladestorm/Bloodbath spec and it works wonders on thrash - Thunderclap>Bloodbath/bladestorm = insane dmg,Vigilance is just another tank cd+taunt is off cd so you could save a healer/dps from dying with taunt+DBTS.
    You also do pretty decent damage on bosses. but yeah,Arms is fine in there,just get some gear from SoO LFR with sockets and some decent trinkets and off you go!
    Your best bet is to start a group yourself or get some decent friends to do them with,it can be really annoying to get into groups because of that ele/lock/mage craze that is really annoying as most classes are fine in cms...
    Last edited by Miloscub; Today at 07:40 AM.
    Chaos is order unrecognized by a lesser mind!

Awesome. Cheers for reply.

Is there any lists of gear to aim for? Since I'm in pvp gear and I despise LFR I'd prefer to just run dungeons for some stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Voisier View Post
    Awesome. Cheers for reply.

Is there any lists of gear to aim for? Since I'm in pvp gear and I despise LFR I'd prefer to just run dungeons for some stuff.
    You could go in full 463's I guess,but the thing is that SoO gear has alot more sockets then older gear,and sockets don't get scaled down or anything = more stats = more dps/healing,If you're an engineer the engineering goggles are BiS for CM's from what i've read,Mainly cos of those +600 stat gems. 463 ilvl gear has sockets in head/shoulders/chest/legs from what I remember,so its inferior to SoO/ToT stuff with more sockets. Theres quite a few gear lists around,just google it,a few videos too,i'm sure theres a guide for em on warrior forums here and/or blizzard forums. P.S try get a group with 5% crit buff,helps loads,rage is really slow in 463ilvl gear
    Chaos is order unrecognized by a lesser mind!

Hey, I've done some alt runs with my guild, and we had an arms warrior in almost full pvp gear. It didn't REALLY matter too much, he was still topping dps by some ditsance with a feral druid and an assassination rogue both in full timeless, with myself as a blood dk tank. Obviously he would have done a bit more dps in full pve gear, but all your damage is going to be on trash with thunderclap/deep wounds/bladestorm/sweeping strikes. Bloodbath/bladestorm is an immense burst combo for trash. If you are pugging the group then you would probably need to get pve gear though. As the post above says, SoO and ToT items are the best due to the amount of sockets in them. Vigilance is a real life saver, although mass spell reflect has its uses in the scarlets. Classes like warlocks and ele shamans are going to be higher in demand due to them being ranged, but arms is by no means bad for challenge modes.

Arms > Fury for CMs, seriously. Crit is so low at that gear scaling that arms aoe dots more than make up for it.

I've been going to post this question, and think it's OK putting it in here. Could someone clarify regarding the helm meta gems and legendary cloaks. Some of my CM group have various opinions on what they've heard and read.

First, the helm meta gem, the legendary from cloak quest line doesn't work, or proc, right? So go regular JC meta gem is my understanding. Second, regarding the legendary cloaks, again, the proc doesn't work. Is it better to keep the legendary cloak on still, for the raw stats, even though they scale back to 463 level? Lastly, some of my group argue that gear scaling isn't a big deal. They want to just go in their regular SoO heroic/normal raid gear. So far, we go in confident, and honestly get our butts kicked, lol. I'm trying to find anything to help them and myself to get these done.

Also, is there any website or whatever which will take your current gear and scale it to 463 level, showing what your equipped gear and stats would scale down to be if you were in the actual CM instance?

Thanks -
    Last edited by jader; Today at 09:25 PM.

Neither the Cloak or the Meta gem will proc in Challenge modes.

If you want to find out what stats the items will have when they're scaled down to 563, just check them out on Wowhead and press tick the Challenge Mode button.