Deleted

Proving grounds DPS as shaman

Which shaman dps spec has the easiest time for doing the proving grounds 30 wave achievement?
    I'm thinking possibly enhancement but I haven't tried elemental, has anyone tried with both and compared them?
    Thank you.

It's substantially easier as enhancement, I'm actually not sure if anyone has done it as elemental. When I did it as enhance only 13 (i think) shamans had done it in the US and all of them did it as enhance. There's a nice post on this forum that goes into great deal on how to do it as enhance. I followed it and got it within 2 hours of starting.

Tip - make a weakaura to show what coolies to use on what wave. It helps a bunch

- - - Updated - - -

Here is the threat I used. Great info in here!
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1347565-endless-proving-grounds-enhancement-guide?highlight=proving+grounds+enhance

Quote Originally Posted by Spectie View Post
    It's substantially easier as enhancement, I'm actually not sure if anyone has done it as elemental. When I did it as enhance only 13 (i think) shamans had done it in the US and all of them did it as enhance.
    I've gotten Gold as Elemental but I refused to go any further, partially because it would have required a complete regemming/reforging just for me to keep up, and even Gold was really close on several of the waves. Haste and mastery pretty much drops through the floor as Ele. It's not fun.

I just literally couldn't do endless as elemental without needing to massively adjust my gear and probably professions. Anyone manages to break wave 30 as elemental, hats off to you, that is extremely impressive. I actually ended up logging my warlock I don't really play that much and 2 shot wave 30+ endless.

Deleted
    Tried it as ele but for some of the waves you just do not have enough globals. It is extremely hard to do. Much respect to anyone who has made it. I found getting gold alone was quite difficult as ele.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectie View Post
    It's substantially easier as enhancement, I'm actually not sure if anyone has done it as elemental. When I did it as enhance only 13 (i think) shamans had done it in the US and all of them did it as enhance. There's a nice post on this forum that goes into great deal on how to do it as enhance. I followed it and got it within 2 hours of starting.

Tip - make a weakaura to show what coolies to use on what wave. It helps a bunch

- - - Updated - - -

Here is the threat I used. Great info in here!
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...rounds+enhance
    When about 5 enhance worldwide had done it it was 50/50 enha/ele getting to endless 30, currently 3 of the top 5 are elemental including the top 2.

It's generally one of the hardest classes to do it with as neither spec is easy at it though. I strongly recommend putting together some basic gear for it (non legendary meta and suitable trinkets) and then getting to 30 is mostly an endurance/determination test.

Personally I CBA to try. I usually go once a week and get annoyed after slipping up and getting chain stunned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    I have some gameplay recorded , wave 30+ as ele. cant post links but hozke88 is my youtube channel. feel free to see how i did it gl

Quote Originally Posted by hozke View Post
    I have some gameplay recorded , wave 30+ as ele. cant post links but hozke88 is my youtube channel. feel free to see how i did it gl
    Did you do it as an engineer and did you have a particular gear set for it?
    Last edited by Anzen; 2013-12-07 at 04:41 AM.

I got to wave 31 of endless as Elemental. I stopped because I just wanted the title. Ele is perfectly doable if you plan things right.

Ele must stack haste. Otherwise even gold isn't reasonably achievable. Its frustrating going to do new content, one shotting gold on your frost mage, only to be unable to get past wave 6 with the ele.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    Did you do it as an engineer and did you have a particular gear set for it?
    Yes i am using engineering, handy for the dps cd and speed increase, also i use another set of gear, basically stack int and get as many sockets as you can, for 2ndary its haste > mastery imo but most important is to stack int and sockets : )

GL