Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Yes, but the shoulder still look weird as fuck XD

(Now i want playable Mantid but well.... that will never happen and i prefer the Arakkoas)

I felt they were the most fitting high level shoulders, or rather that the whole set was the most fitting and at the same time good looking. The coloration should make the stone-y parts look more like amber. Not sure if that's really conveyed well, but that's the general idea. Sadly for me, back then, unlike the shoulders, you can't just load the chest, pants, etc in the right color, so I had to grab the obtainable versions (took normal: green and black), had to cut them out and make them fit the Mantid's body, and then I had to recolor them to fit with the shoulders. I'm glad it's finally done, though. Perhaps the orange on the shoulders and armor should be a bit more bright though.

I think the problem here is that the scarf goes under the shoulderpads. I tried to make the scarf-thingy go over the shoulderpads, but I couldn't edit it right. Decided to cba, so I made the shoulders go over the scarf.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    While I like the whole picture, my favorite parts about that are the gloves and belt. That is why I want 3D armor. It adds so much more to WoW. You did a great job on making them pop out, and I can only wish Blizzard is planning to do something similar in the future.

Also, since we're sharing work here, I might as well share a picture of an OC I made some time ago. It's not perfect, but I spent a lot of time on it, might as well link it and hope people like it.

http://i.imgur.com/yT7voT4.png
    (not sure if it's the right version, though. At a brief glance, it does seem like it)

And yes, it was a pain in the ass to create. xD

(Oh, and yeah, that hood is really impractical, but I eventually just gave up on adding a realistically possible one.)
    Oh cool, I never thought about being a Mantid, that is all kinds of crazy cool.
    Yeah, I cannibalized the updated dreadmist set and integrated it into my original dreadmist, but now I see I blurred the skulls a little inconsistently, it's not from enlarging an image that is too small I was manually dimming and making things out of focus but I lost track, I'll replace the file later.

But yes, I love anything new 3d wise. Which is what these 2 new belt buckle geosets smacked me in the face that came with MOP out of nowhere when I obtained them, and I love finding things to transmog them into. Things pop out and feel so much more alive.

This outfit has been slowly evolving for 4 years, but this plate belt with it's custom buckle <3 It like, really ties the room together, man.

And this very unique orange plate belt buckle really ties the standard heroic MOP plate set in the mandarin color scheme.

I've seen several chunky new pop out geosets in WOD screenshots and can't wait to see what I can play with.

- - - Updated - - -

I felt they were the most fitting high level shoulders, or rather that the whole set was the most fitting and at the same time good looking. The coloration should make the stone-y parts look more like amber. Not sure if that's really conveyed well, but that's the general idea. Sadly for me, back then, unlike the shoulders, you can't just load the chest, pants, etc in the right color, so I had to grab the obtainable versions (took normal: green and black), had to cut them out and make them fit the Mantid's body, and then I had to recolor them to fit with the shoulders. I'm glad it's finally done, though. Perhaps the orange on the shoulders and armor should be a bit more bright though.

I think the problem here is that the scarf goes under the shoulderpads. I tried to make the scarf-thingy go over the shoulderpads, but I couldn't edit it right. Decided to cba, so I made the shoulders go over the scarf.
    I think it came off fantastic, totally struck me as amber immediately. What's your process, program wise?

Love it with the hood, very alien. I had a similar race I was conceptualizing who wear carved wooden masks with their mandibles all folded up in a awesome symmetrical ways which seem part of the mask but then unfold and reveal an insectoid creature underneath.

http://yig.deviantart.com/art/Insect...asks-339244689
    Last edited by Yig; 2014-04-05 at 02:30 AM.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

10+ Year Old Account

Hey don't worry, you did a great job, it looks pretty cool and the problem of the shoulders is not the color or the model (that set looks pretty good on them), but the form the shoulders are, they look like they are in front of the character, i agree that removing the hood (and maybe the scarf) make it look way better, but maybe you're right, if the scarf were in front of the shoulders it wouldn't look weird

Really cool Mantid race! I would play the shit out of them if they were real. Definitely one of the coolest race/factions they've added in a long time.
    You just lost The Game

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Really cool Mantid race! I would play the shit out of them if they were real. Definitely one of the coolest race/factions they've added in a long time.
    It would be weird to have them as a playable race. They would have to be exclusively male I guess since the only female mantid we knew about was the queen.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    It would be weird to have them as a playable race. They would have to be exclusively male I guess since the only female mantid we knew about was the queen.
    That's true, combined with their physique and lore as being absolutely loyal to an Old God kind of rules them out. Still, cool is cool regardless.
    You just lost The Game

15+ Year Old Account
    That's true, combined with their physique and lore as being absolutely loyal to an Old God kind of rules them out. Still, cool is cool regardless.
    Even though it wouldn't work, I would love to see the children of cenarius for alliance and naga for horde. Add new body types to the game, liven things up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even though it wouldn't work, I would love to see the children of cenarius for alliance and naga for horde. Add new body types to the game, liven things up.
    I could easily see the Naga becoming a playable race... but the children of cenarius? how can they mount if they are already mounts O.o

10+ Year Old Account
    There should be female Ogres to with the males.
    KILL THAT MANTID!!!
    For the Horde!

15+ Year Old Account
    I could easily see the Naga becoming a playable race... but the children of cenarius? how can they mount if they are already mounts O.o
    How would naga mount anything? It would require some creative thought and graphical workarounds. I don't see it happening, but I would like it anyway. Also the lore for it just doesn't work. Unless some naga actually broke from from Azshara, like that will happen. Also, children of cenarius getting involved with the wars of petty mortals? Yeah, not seeing that either. I would just like it for aesthetic reasons.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Klaxxar View Post
    There should be female Ogres to with the males.
    KILL THAT MANTID!!!
    It's really pathetic they still haven't made female ogres after all these years. I know it's not a top priority, but they will be featured pretty heavily in this next expansion. I don't see how they can keep doing this.

How would naga mount anything? It would require some creative thought and graphical workarounds. I don't see it happening, but I would like it anyway. Also the lore for it just doesn't work. Unless some naga actually broke from from Azshara, like that will happen. Also, children of cenarius getting involved with the wars of petty mortals? Yeah, not seeing that either. I would just like it for aesthetic reasons.

- - - Updated - - -

It's really pathetic they still haven't made female ogres after all these years. I know it's not a top priority, but they will be featured pretty heavily in this next expansion. I don't see how they can keep doing this.
    Check out my Frostfire Ogre speculation, we very well might see some female Ogres this expansion.
    You just lost The Game

10+ Year Old Account
    Perfect chance to have them made and the new model would inspire them to make the Ogres playable.
    If they don't make Ogres playable soon I will be pissed.
    For the Horde!

i think its about time we had a gender neutral race, although i dont think mantid would be good for that.

alot of games have atleast one race thats gender neutral.

i think a race of like tiger people or any animal that dont look male or female or a race of robot people would be cool
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i think its about time we had a gender neutral race, although i dont think mantid would be good for that.

i think a race of like tiger people or any animal that dont look male or female or a race of robot people would be cool
    If there is a lore reason for it, sure. However I don't want it to be something stupid like a robot race that looks like really buff dudes. If they are going to be gender neutral, they should look it. Like the Chua from Wildstar. I hate short races, but they are indeed gender neutral. One that did it wrong, imo, was TERA. The big guys, forgot the race, looked very much like guys in every way, but they are totally gender neutral! >_>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post

Female only playable race: Harpy (Female only, and I think they're awesome)

Male only playable race: Ethereal (No females are ever mentioned, they don't have a physical body, male & female would look similar anyways, they're all referred to as "him" and Princes)

What I think would work and would be awesome!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Agoonga View Post
    Female only playable race: Harpy (Female only, and I think they're awesome)

Male only playable race: Ethereal (No females are ever mentioned, they don't have a physical body, male & female would look similar anyways, they're all referred to as "him" and Princes)

What I think would work and would be awesome!
    Well most races didn't had a female version of themself until they got released, also we don't know if all harpies are female, we have only seen female but that doesn't mean there aren't male harpies...

The same with ethereals and as you said they don't have a physical body per se, so they could easily have a different look than male etherals

Deleted
    Oh lord, that is something else. You have to do one on the butt. I don't know what you would make it into, but that butt shot was very intentional on their part and you should take advantage of it.
    Plz no, have mercy...

Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    Oh cool, I never thought about being a Mantid, that is all kinds of crazy cool.
    Yeah, I cannibalized the updated dreadmist set and integrated it into my original dreadmist, but now I see I blurred the skulls a little inconsistently, it's not from enlarging an image that is too small I was manually dimming and making things out of focus but I lost track, I'll replace the file later.

But yes, I love anything new 3d wise. Which is what these 2 new belt buckle geosets smacked me in the face that came with MOP out of nowhere when I obtained them, and I love finding things to transmog them into. Things pop out and feel so much more alive.

This outfit has been slowly evolving for 4 years, but this plate belt with it's custom buckle <3 It like, really ties the room together, man.

And this very unique orange plate belt buckle really ties the standard heroic MOP plate set in the mandarin color scheme.

I've seen several chunky new pop out geosets in WOD screenshots and can't wait to see what I can play with.

I think it came off fantastic, totally struck me as amber immediately. What's your process, program wise?

Love it with the hood, very alien. I had a similar race I was conceptualizing who wear carved wooden masks with their mandibles all folded up in a awesome symmetrical ways which seem part of the mask but then unfold and reveal an insectoid creature underneath.

http://yig.deviantart.com/art/Insect...asks-339244689

Yeah, I've had that idea for a long time. I figured Mantid would have a lot of potential, and it's not totally impossible for them to become playable. If Blizzard wanted them to, it'd be easy for them. After all, the Nerubians aren't Yogg-Saron fans either, even though we're pretty sure it has the same ties to the Nerubians as the Mantid do to Y'Shaarj and Qiraji to C'Thun.

It takes just a little faction that decides to branch off, like with the Arakkoa. I don't expect them to ever become playable, though. But I would love the heck out of it if they did. This guy is an OC of mine I use for.. well, less lore-abiding RP. Not necessarily lolRP, but not the kind of RP I would do ingame. It's more of an OC I use for RPs where it isn't a total sin to make someone more important than a common footsoldier. As such he is a Paragon called Korinek the Tempest. I even made some nifty timeline pics. From hatchling to today. The picture linked here is the one I spent most time on, as I could afford to give him less important armor, basically just the geosets available to the normal Mantid model. The inn picture is basically after he decides to join the Horde, so there he is before taking the boat/portal to Azeroth, with all of his stuff, or at least the stuff he wants to take with him.

I also think he's more of the Mantid equivalent of the in-game heroes we play. A Paragon, who has continued training and getting stronger, becoming the type that aids the Horde in defeating major enemies. Again, he's more of a character in RP where you can afford to do that kind of stuff.

And yeah, I like what you did with the Dreadmist. I hope they do go with 3D models, or at least some new geosets. I have to ask, though.. what new bumpy geosets did you notice in WoD already? I haven't seen anything new, aside from more belt buckles. I -have- noticed that there are two datamined items with the name 'skirt' in it, so that may mean we're getting skirt models.

And for my stuff, I use Gimp. No Photoshop.

I can't explain the process in detail because I suck at it, but let's just say I made generous use of the smudge, blur and lasso tool.

As an example.. that chest? I loaded up the Night Elf male model, put him in the T11 (Earthen set) chest. Then I just cut it out in the shape of the Mantid. Not really great, but it worked. Alpha to selection on that, ftw.

Thanks for the compliments. I really appreciate it.

Hey don't worry, you did a great job, it looks pretty cool and the problem of the shoulders is not the color or the model (that set looks pretty good on them), but the form the shoulders are, they look like they are in front of the character, i agree that removing the hood (and maybe the scarf) make it look way better, but maybe you're right, if the scarf were in front of the shoulders it wouldn't look weird

Yeah, I think you make sense with that. I'm really adamant when it comes to keeping the scarf, though, and I can't get it in in any other way. It has the green of the Klaxxi tabard on it, and Horde emblem in the colour of the Klaxxi tabard's orange borders and all. For me, it was a way of tying his new Horde affiliation and his old Klaxxi affiliation together. It also worked together with the green handle of the blade. That way, it doesn't really look like there's suddenly "GREEN!". That's kind of my thought process behind it. Lastly, it's something to set him apart a bit.

I tried giving him some unique facial features, but it just ended up looking wrong. If anyone has an idea, though, they are free to mention it.

Thanks, and yeah, it's a bit crazy, imo, the way Blizzard has progressed in terms of storylines. I often rip on them for how they portray Night Elves, female characters, and all that, but in the end, the Klaxxi were one faction I could really relate to, despite their admitted Old God allegiance, being our enemies, and their appearance. You know Blizzard has done a great job creating characters when you dread killing them in a raid. I had that. I really hated having to kill the Klaxxi, especially Kil'ruk.

I think it's possible for female Mantid to exist. After all, real life Praying Mantises are pretty similar, but in ways, also different.

http://www.keepinginsects.com/prayin...s-and-females/

That has a list with mostly subtle differences between the two, and I think adding those distinguishing features would be pretty cool for a Mantid race. They could mix that dimorphism with that of average humanoids. So.. say, rounder faces, slightly more narrow waists, and all that, mixed with the distinguishing features listed in the link above.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    Also: Yay, pretty-pretty Sprite Darter Faerie Dragons. <3