Page 11 of 147 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyyn View Post
    The thing about those models is that they use the exact same skeleton and animations as the current troll models. New ones will look a lot better than that.
    We were told by a blue they look nothing like the Thunder patch trolls and are a big improvement. Those are just model updates.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Turmoill View Post
    This guy became a chaos orc on purpose so he'd be able to beat Chen Stormstout.
    I know, and I love him, and I want a red orc

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post

Redeemed Chaos Orcs for the Horde 2014 Make it happen Blizz.
    Should have made him a Blade Master

One of these days I will level him up enough to get Rend's Doomsaw, so close, already level 50, after I made him 5 years ago lulz.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    I love this thread. Wow, you do great work.

I have nowhere near your skill, but I really wanted a Wildhammer skin on a new model, so I did this in GIMP a month or so ago:

It kicks much ass, well done.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i'd love it if blizzard would put just a tiny bit of effort into their game and make multiple starting experiences depending on which sub-race your choose. chaos orcs could start in outland, escaping the hellfire citadel to ask to join the horde, mag'har could start at garadar or something. blizzard could do this if they weren't pathetic enough to use the "if we do this, we gotta not do this other thing". that's a bullshit copout imo.
    No, if anything is bullshit it's an unreasonable attitude like that. They go far out their way in the game embellishing things all over the place, that's part of what made WOW so different compared to other MMOs. They do it based on what is currently in their tunnel vision, because Blizzard tends to work on what inspires them, while they have a massive list of features they would like to get around to doing. This attitude that they rehash everything and take short cuts everywhere and put the least effort possible is just silly if you really take a look at all the embellishing they've done that you didn't care about personally.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pasture View Post
    They look amazing, though I guess the effect is severely lessened when in full armour.
    That depends on your own personal value of the project, and I'm personally getting really weary of people who don't care about these things acting like they are the model for the average player. But that's extrinsic incentives bias for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pasture View Post
    They look amazing, though I guess the effect is severely lessened when in full armour.
    That depends on your own personal value of the project, and I'm personally getting really weary of people who don't care about these things acting like they are the model for the average player. But that's extrinsic incentives bias for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shefu View Post
    How come a fan can do this and make it look awesome but Blizz still won't do it after years of WoW! Good job to you Sir. #Blizzfail
    Because it's not an analogous comparison at all. But our species struggles with something known as context when it comes to just about everything I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

Yup. The animations are going to be infinitely more fluid and natural, but the visual fidelity of the models and the textures will most likely be at that level.
    True. The hand painted textures are so lovely.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    racial leaders have unique models just for them so set themselves above us and to look badass. Vol'jin is also the only darkspear troll(or troll in general) with a beard. damn it i want a beard option for trolls.
    Take heart, Chris Robinson has said a few things on twitter about new beard and hairstyles based specifically on the iconic concept art seen at the Sons of the Storm. You just might have your wish come true.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alteiry View Post
    The skull mask is iconic for Ner'zhul and has been since WC2, so it's possible that minigun-toting orc is part of Ner'zhul's Shadowmoon Clan.
    Ner'zhul has a tattoo, not a mask. Like Chapel from the comic book Spawn and Youngblood.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    Most of these make no sense what so ever. Fel orcs? Leper gnomes? No, no and no.
    Leper gnomes don't make sense because they're zombies. But any race with free will could make sense. In the Lore you will find unique individuals from anywhere as part of the Alliance and Horde. Just as you see every single race in the game in certain NPC factions as cultists or pirates.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Orcs are really spoiled as far as 'viable' sub-races. Dragonmaw, Blackrock, Mag'har and so many more. The only ones that truly don't make sense are Fel Orcs.

I normally hate Draenei, but if I had the option to be either of their broken 'mutated' models, I'd certainly roll one.

Trolls have the absolute most options in the game, but unfortunately the Horde is comprised of only one type of Troll.
    If an orc blademaster can journey to Outland to make himself a Chaos Orc to kill Chen, then we have precedent. Racial profiling from social norms is all well and good, but we have free will, and we should be able to make use of the rich lore of this game if we understand it, and those who don't,... who cares? Your knowledge of the lore should let you come up with your own explaination for seeing them in Orgrimmar. We should not be limited so much by social norms if the options are beings perfectly capable of free will.

It makes sense for class restrictions, preserving the feel of the universe is important. But many of these weirder options have precedent and only make the world more interesting.
    Last edited by Yig; 2013-12-11 at 09:43 AM.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    Ner'zhul has a tattoo, not a mask. Like Chapel from the comic book Spawn and Youngblood.
    I was talking about the minigun orc's mask, which has obviously been inspired by Ner'zhul. Though looking back on my post, I can understand how my wording seemed to imply Ner'zhul had a mask as well. I apologize.

Dat Danny Trejo

Deleted
    i love the undead elf and the human's face. very nice job u did there! + awesome quality!

From another thread in this forum:

Also, here is a Human Paladin mockup done by a Wildstar artist, for World of Warcraft.

You just lost The Game

15+ Year Old Account
    From another thread in this forum:

Also, here is a Human Paladin mockup done by a Wildstar artist, for World of Warcraft.
    Holy shit, those are amazing.

Deleted
    The human looks awesome! keep it up! Try and do a night elf

Quote Originally Posted by danblades View Post
    The human looks awesome! keep it up! Try and do a night elf
    I will as soon as new models are released! And if they don't in the next week or so I guess I'll make some male Wildhammers and Leper Gnomes or put the female undead new model on the right skeleton or something.
    You just lost The Game

Wildstar just looks so good it brings a tear to my eye, like the Iron Giant meets Pixar. Only WOW did that for me before, looking forward to Wildstar a lot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alteiry View Post
    I was talking about the minigun orc's mask, which has obviously been inspired by Ner'zhul. Though looking back on my post, I can understand how my wording seemed to imply Ner'zhul had a mask as well. I apologize.
    I thought you probably knew but just in case I wanted to point out the distinction. Having an any excuse to talk about WOW for me is fun.
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love a Half-Elf sub-race for humans. Something in the vain of Kalecgos's(spelling?) Half-Elf form. For now I am waiting for the male Draenei remodeled... models.

Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    Wildstar just looks so good it brings a tear to my eye, like the Iron Giant meets Pixar. Only WOW did that for me before, looking forward to Wildstar a lot.

- - - Updated - - -

I thought you probably knew but just in case I wanted to point out the distinction. Having an any excuse to talk about WOW for me is fun.
    I like this attitude.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would love a Broken Draenei. :P

don't know why either that Human Model looks like Sjin from Yogscast.
    For the Horde!

yea, im interested in wildstar just like i was in wow from the beginning. i bet it is only the art style, but maybe it will stick with me.

Deleted
    Wow, they look really cool! I'd love to see most of these ingame, except maybe for fel orcs. Not that I dislike the design, it's just the idea of individuals that are currently under demonic influence within the current horde that feels off. But anyway, that's for anyther topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Aciaedius View Post
    Wow, they look really cool! I'd love to see most of these ingame, except maybe for fel orcs. Not that I dislike the design, it's just the idea of individuals that are currently under demonic influence within the current horde that feels off. But anyway, that's for anyther topic.
    The Horde Portal-Sentries at the Dark Portal are all fel orcs.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    Not so sure we need a Grimtotem skin when we could have taunka but the rest look great.
    Have to disagree, black tauren = awesome. My tauren is colored specifically to have the black tauren cat druid - I'd love to have that grimtotem skin in caster form.

Also, have to agree with others, blizzard with all it's resources, it's absolutely inexcusable that the game doesn't have more options. If the new models ship with only the basic previous coloration options, I'm going to be really disappointed.
    Last edited by Pyromelter; 2013-12-13 at 06:04 AM.

Wildhammer Dwarf Male
    Last edited by shoc; 2013-12-13 at 07:20 AM. Reason: eyes
    You just lost The Game

Kick ass
    Last edited by Yig; 2013-12-13 at 09:44 AM.

These really are terrific, though I do have to say Dark Iron dwarves aren't quite as cool without bright red beards.

Great work! Especially like the orcs and dwarves!