1. #2581
    Field Marshal Shadowtwili's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Kingdom of the Netherlands
    Posts
    51
    Can't all Trolls look bulky? Or is that just something the Forest and Frost Trolls can be?

    Also, if I am not mistaken, all Troll sub-species can have Dire Trolls, I would love Dire Trolls to be a "sub-species" specific to certain classes (Warrior, Death Knight?).

  2. #2582
    Fluffy Kitten Lokann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Trapped in Rykha's basement
    Posts
    12,341
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowtwili View Post
    Can't all Trolls look bulky? Or is that just something the Forest and Frost Trolls can be?
    It's still a bit of a mystery as to why exactly forest trolls are bulky in-game. Usually they're refered to as fairly lean.

    As for the Darkspear, I'd be okay with an option to be bulkier (though I'm fairly certain that'd mean like 90% of the players would use that model, which wouldn't be all that great for immersion), but if they made ALL of them bulky I'd be upset. They've been surviving for decades simply by appearing weaker than they actually are up to the moment when they rip your proverbial breasts off.



  3. #2583
    Epic! Skayth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Backwards Country
    Posts
    1,618
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post
    It's still a bit of a mystery as to why exactly forest trolls are bulky in-game. Usually they're refered to as fairly lean.

    As for the Darkspear, I'd be okay with an option to be bulkier (though I'm fairly certain that'd mean like 90% of the players would use that model, which wouldn't be all that great for immersion), but if they made ALL of them bulky I'd be upset. They've been surviving for decades simply by appearing weaker than they actually are up to the moment when they rip your proverbial breasts off.
    Its based on the look of Wc2 and Wc3. Forest and Frost trolls have been bulky since then.

    I simply wish to play a forest troll/revantusk troll. god -.- why cant we have subraces already?

  4. #2584
    The Lightbringer shoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    3,097
    Quote Originally Posted by Skayth View Post
    Its based on the look of Wc2 and Wc3. Forest and Frost trolls have been bulky since then.

    I simply wish to play a forest troll/revantusk troll. god -.- why cant we have subraces already?
    My lore reasoning for Troll subraces is that when the Horde killed the Council of Elders in ToT, a lot of trolls across Azeroth were essentially leaderless again, and looked to Vol'jin. Or something.
    Shrek is love, Shrek is life.

  5. #2585
    The dwarven female with the beard looks awesome!

  6. #2586
    Quote Originally Posted by Baneless View Post
    The dwarven female with the beard looks awesome!
    She's a great kisser too. I like a natural woman. (thank you)
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

  7. #2587
    Man, I ask one question about if Highborne technically look different to Night Elves and look what happens!

    Quote Originally Posted by Dnusha View Post
    Sounds great, here some art i've found in the net.
    The hell... is that a Forsaken... Night Elf... Druid?

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcane-Villain View Post


    In fact this isn't a subrace project, but just a speculation of possible Blood Elf female new model.
    Edited the face proportions of my Night Elf reskin to look more like old Blood Elf.
    Cheekbones might be a little wide, but nice!

    Quote Originally Posted by Nivena View Post
    The eyes look awesome, fitting the moon theme of the Nightelves much better than the eyes shown in the artcraft.
    I personally don't really like the irises and I think the edits go too far trying to neutralise the expression.

    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Exposure to Arcane Magic actually does alter your appearance in certain ways. Jaina, for example, her hair turned mostly white due to the fallout from the Theramore mana bomb. Somewhere it says that the Highborne mages had paler skin and more pastel coloured hair then the usual black/purple/green of the rest of Night Elves society.
    Not to mention she got that tramp stamp.

    Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    In-game books are canon and lore, even if some of the information changed over time. They are considered lore by Blizzard, same as the lore items in Pandaria/IoT. Doesn't matter if it's only one account by some random NPC, it's actually canon, considered to be the absolute truth until stated otherwise.
    To be frank, all Warcraft lore is kind of on a sliding scale...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    I'm getting tired of waiting for news on the female dwarf beards.
    Good God, is that cap of a bearded female from Lord of the Clans?

    Man according to wowwiki it's even referenced in Day of the Dragon...

    Fire the decanonise canon!

    Quote Originally Posted by Skayth View Post
    Its based on the look of Wc2 and Wc3. Forest and Frost trolls have been bulky since then.

    I simply wish to play a forest troll/revantusk troll. god -.- why cant we have subraces already?
    I dunno if the Revantusk have enough numbers or leave their village enough to justify being a player option.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

  8. #2588
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    The hell... is that a Forsaken... Night Elf... Druid?
    Its the barkskin.

  9. #2589
    Look! My item made it into the game! Now as a primarily Night Elf playing player, I feel kind of like I've betrayed my people. Seeing as Chris R favorited this as a tweet, I'm just going to pretend I had something to do with it. See? They both have blue hair. Blue hair! (but pink skin) BUT BLUE HAIR!!!! (But different hues)



    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Good God, is that cap of a bearded female from Lord of the Clans?
    Yessiree it is. And she was a randy and hirsute lass, flirting up a storm with Thrall, (/whisper: Who is in disguise as a dwarf, see?)
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

  10. #2590
    lets see dem half elves shoc :P bring on dem photoshoppinz
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  11. #2591
    Brewmaster Azahel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Moon Guard
    Posts
    1,271
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Man, I ask one question about if Highborne technically look different to Night Elves and look what happens!



    The hell... is that a Forsaken... Night Elf... Druid?

    That's the card for Barkskin spell.... It's a night elf and her skin is made of... Bark

    "Posting impassionately, they say you don't care. Posting nothing, they say you ignore. Posting with passion, you incite trolls. Posting fluff, you say nonsense. Post with what facts you have, they whittle down with rationale.
    There is no win, there is only slow degradation." Tseric and the truth about WoW community.

  12. #2592
    Please more photoshop Shoc

  13. #2593
    Bloodsail Admiral Lahis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,104
    Quote Originally Posted by Azahel View Post
    That's the card for Barkskin spell.... It's a night elf and her skin is made of... Bark
    I wish Barkskin visual were similar ingame :C
    3DS FC: 3797-6941-2837
    Member of the Elite Four in the MMO-Champion Pokémon League.

    deviantART | tumblr

  14. #2594
    More Nelf to Belf!
    You must become a Master Baiter if you want to want to master the One-eyed Fish of the Dark Caverns!

  15. #2595
    Can't wait to see mockups of the newly added ones!
    Cálás EU Earthen Ring
    <Horde of the Night>

  16. #2596
    Blademaster Xilent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    SandLand, South Carolina
    Posts
    40
    Agreed. I check this thread everyday.

  17. #2597
    Oh baby, if frost trolls got put in like that I'd be slapping blizz with money for a race change for my mage asap :O

  18. #2598
    The Lightbringer shoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    3,097
    I'll put together a Human Azotha / Half Elf mockup tonight after work.

    Azotha are the ugly children of the Vrykul, so I'm talking big beards, viking/scottish war paints, runic tattoos.

    Half Elves are more like Kalec, so colorful hair, elven ears, smoother facial features.
    Shrek is love, Shrek is life.

  19. #2599
    Field Marshal Shadowtwili's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Kingdom of the Netherlands
    Posts
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    I'll put together a Human Azotha / Half Elf mockup tonight after work.

    Azotha are the ugly children of the Vrykul, so I'm talking big beards, viking/scottish war paints, runic tattoos.

    Half Elves are more like Kalec, so colorful hair, elven ears, smoother facial features.
    Could you do a "red"/Eredar Draenei too? some Undeath skins etcetc?

  20. #2600
    The Lightbringer shoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    3,097
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowtwili View Post
    Could you do a "red"/Eredar Draenei too? some Undeath skins etcetc?
    Yeah I could totally do Eredar. The Undead skins that are in the game right now are probably infinitely better than what I could photoshop, see:

    Shrek is love, Shrek is life.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •