1. #2761
    Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    It SHOULD NOT be balanced. If you have some extra love for one fictional race in this game over the others, that going to be a problem, but most of us love them all. They should not be contrived. They should be good, solid, strong design elements. The obvious choices are obvious.
    It should be no more balanced than anything is regarding hairstyles or beards or jewelry. Some races have one with strong Warcraft identity in the lore, some are obscure and would just seem not only like token additions, it would add questionable resource budgets.

    If I gave Worgen an ethnic/sub race, I'd have you be able to start in Moonglade as a Night Elf woken from the Dream, told of the Curse of the Worgen story events, and freed from the bloodlust of Goldrinn and free from the rule of Alpha.

    You then port to Teldrassil after a few custom quest text boxes and some neat chances for NPC interactions bring more to the lore.
    with alpha models! cuz i want meh hair!
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  2. #2762
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    I would be satisfied with an item you right click that poofs you into the sub race. The whole extra lore explanations are fancy and cool and all, but RPers will come up with their own backstories and everyone else won't really care.
    No way my friend! NO WAY SIR! I can see both extremes, but I think like they've gone all out for a lot of MOP's patches (when they were being released still chill)

    They had lore explanations for the inclusion of Dark Irons and Wildhammers, and I loved the Highborne lore and the Sunwalker foreshadowing and Troll stuff. it was just a few paragraphs and scripted events, but it brought the world to life and made me feel like I was living in the future of Warcraft 3 even more.

    And my fine fellow, I think you're wrong when you say everyone else won't really care, a huge amount of people who don't RP still buy these games for the stories and feeling like they are in the world, and they care about the lore. They outnumber the role players statistically by a vast amount, but still they care. And Blizzard cares most of all. This is is major chance to grow the world into the future more from WC3 and see how it has evolved now a decade+ later, so much devastation and danger.

    Hidden and forbidden societies and even the banished and once openly hunted alike were welcomed back to the remnants of civilization when Deathwing almost broke the world again. Everyone, even the dust and shadows of society, were forced like rats on a sinking ship to come together to stop the destruction of Azeroth and Hyjal as they knew it! /wizard hat

    But this subrace option is going to be one for the lore lovers I'll say with a wink, it was the lore lovers who started this whole movement, jolly good, old bean. I don't understand beyond boredom why a person with no real passion for the lore wants them so badly? But I know what it's like to be visually addicted to something, and WOW takes the cake. So I'm wrong, I do understand why all sorts want to look new ways. But they are all so distinct and scream "I HAVE A HISTORY, DON"T YOU WANNA KNOW WHAT IT IS?"



    That was a great chance for some ways to make the world feel alive, and the 5.3 Sheildwall story was one of the all time finest lore tickling globe/dimensional dropping quests in the game's history, and I can't wait to see the stories for WOD and new quest mechanics and storytelling delivery systems.

    This ethnic/sub race thing is something major for lore lovers it it happens, and Blizzard's commentary all over the interviews acrosss the land recognized this. I think there will be at least a single quest integrating your group with the starting zones of the classic Alliance races. If not a chain.

    Blizzard and the art team have decided it's seemed to me, yes while keeping us in content droughts as a price to pay, a devotion to pushing everything to the limit in new ways regarding presentation and polish. The first year of the expansion like MOP will be filled with updates too fast for players to know what to do with like MOP, or they may slow down slightly while accelerating work on the future expansions they have being worked on at the same time, more than one future expansion mind ya'll, is being worked on at this moment more or less.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    with alpha models! cuz i want meh hair!
    I empathize with you, my fellow.
    Last edited by Yig; 2014-08-07 at 05:50 AM.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

  3. #2763
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    For Worgen, I was thinking Northrend Worgen, like more arctic wolf style. Another idea for a Worgen subrace would be Blackhowl, the Worgen pack that was tricked into drinking the black dragonblood. The corruption could have turned them half man, half wolf, half black dragon. There is some potential for coolness there.
    I think all it did was allow Creed to manipulate them, and possibly enhanced their senses.

    The Blackhowl weren't all Worgen either, they're a Gilnean group, some are human.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

  4. #2764
    Scarab Lord Wrathonia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Port Charlotte
    Posts
    4,477
    So wait, did Shoc not bless us with Grimtotem female tauren? I'm sad now. It was what I was hoping for when the thread first started.
    -=Skyforge=- A new action based MMORPG from the Allods team and Obsidian Entertainment. MMO-C Skyforge thread.
    It's ok to not like things. Posting and you!

  5. #2765
    WHat up on the new tauren finally revealed getting funk-ti-fied? Busy with udder things, Shoc?
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

  6. #2766
    Herald of the Titans Mighty Blue Bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,537
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    I would be satisfied with an item you right click that poofs you into the sub race. The whole extra lore explanations are fancy and cool and all, but RPers will come up with their own backstories and everyone else won't really care.
    I'm with Shoc. Gimme sub-races any day! Especially Draenor orcs and Arakkoa.

  7. #2767
    High Overlord Zaphiron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    129
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorua View Post


    Night Elven worgen.
    Hell yeah I'd dig this :P They should devo do this and as for Alarstormbringer I forgot about the Northrend worgen haha!
    That would be cool aswell and finnaly give them some more reason to add some story for the Worgen <3
    Last edited by Zaphiron; 2014-08-08 at 12:33 PM.

  8. #2768
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Blue Bear View Post
    I'm with Shoc. Gimme sub-races any day! Especially Draenor orcs and Arakkoa.
    how would arrakoa be a subrace O-O

    unless you mean like if arrakoa ever get added give both of the winged and cursed versions.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  9. #2769
    Herald of the Titans shoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    2,555
    Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    WHat up on the new tauren finally revealed getting funk-ti-fied? Busy with udder things, Shoc?
    Yeah, mostly with full time work, gotta pay off my crippling student dept somehow. Also, I was waiting for the official screenshots because they look nicer than the artcraft previews. But I'll whip something up now!

    - - - Updated - - -



    Never knew that the face paint they wear is actually in the design of a skull, super cool! I will make a proper mockup when fem tauren are updated on the official website. Actually, once Warlords launches I'll probably redo most of them since I've gotten a bit better at photoshop since the first mockups, also I want to make 2 for each that can be implemented, in the format of my human one.
    Shrek is love, Shrek is life.

  10. #2770
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Yeah, mostly with full time work, gotta pay off my crippling student dept somehow. Also, I was waiting for the official screenshots because they look nicer than the artcraft previews. But I'll whip something up now!

    - - - Updated - - -



    Never knew that the face paint they wear is actually in the design of a skull, super cool! I will make a proper mockup when fem tauren are updated on the official website. Actually, once Warlords launches I'll probably redo most of them since I've gotten a bit better at photoshop since the first mockups, also I want to make 2 for each that can be implemented, in the format of my human one.
    these are fantastic
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  11. #2771
    Blademaster Shadowtwili's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Kingdom of the Netherlands
    Posts
    46
    Well, Shoc, it is time to make some Troll subspecies ;p

    Cold you make subspecies of all Troll races?

    So, namely, the Forest, Frost, Dark and Sand Trolls?

    Edit: And please don't forget the Undead Trolls!
    Last edited by Shadowtwili; 2014-08-13 at 01:32 PM.

  12. #2772
    Can we have troll variant now please Shoc?

  13. #2773
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Yeah, mostly with full time work, gotta pay off my crippling student dept somehow. Also, I was waiting for the official screenshots because they look nicer than the artcraft previews. But I'll whip something up now!

    - - - Updated - - -

    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/AuufTVh.jpg

    Never knew that the face paint they wear is actually in the design of a skull, super cool! I will make a proper mockup when fem tauren are updated on the official website. Actually, once Warlords launches I'll probably redo most of them since I've gotten a bit better at photoshop since the first mockups, also I want to make 2 for each that can be implemented, in the format of my human one.
    Fantastic work, my fine fellow. RESPECT !

    - - - Updated - - -

    I was hoping for some high res Male Tauren variations, using these new screenshots.


    I would love to see you try out a Runemaster along with a Grimtotem. In fact, while a Grimtotem rocks, we've seen enough to know, however cool any new image looks.
    I think I may try my hand at a Runemaster myself




    Not a sub race or ethnicity, but just some damn awesome WOW lore.
    Last edited by Yig; 2014-08-14 at 04:26 AM.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

  14. #2774
    Wow, the Grimtotem look fantastic!

    Warpaints for all!

  15. #2775
    Warchief MickM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    2,127
    The new Tauren Models make me wanna play a tauren

  16. #2776
    Herald of the Titans Mighty Blue Bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,537
    Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    I would love to see you try out a Runemaster along with a Grimtotem. In fact, while a Grimtotem rocks, we've seen enough to know, however cool any new image looks.
    I think I may try my hand at a Runemaster myself




    Not a sub race or ethnicity, but just some damn awesome WOW lore.
    I would love to see (if they ever ever ever do it) the Runemaster become the Monk's fourth spec. It fits them perfectly!

  17. #2777
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    419
    I've been out of the loop for a while. Has anything new been said on the idea of subraces within the past few months? I want my dark iron dwarves and brown orcs...
    Some people really like flavor. Occasionally subsisting on nutrient paste just doesn't feel the same as eating a steak. I get that flavor isn't for everyone, but I doubt removing all cosmetic indicators from the game would be appealing either. Nobody want to log in, queue to fight modestly sized blue checked box boss #7, initiate combat using an attack sequence of abilities 1-7 with a 13 beat repeat coda intermittently, and collect item level 630 slot 7 gear either.

  18. #2778

  19. #2779
    Herald of the Titans shoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    2,555
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychotrip View Post
    I've been out of the loop for a while. Has anything new been said on the idea of subraces within the past few months? I want my dark iron dwarves and brown orcs...
    Nothing until the model update is 100% complete, then they will move on to additional customization options, including sub races (if they do choose to implement sub races)

    When WoD launches, and all the new models are complete, I'm going to do 20 new edits, representing 2 sub races for every race, in the same format I did the Human one, and kind of build a more comprehensive subrace concept then the random mess of pictures that I have now lol

    And yes trolls will come soon I've just been busy with things!
    Shrek is love, Shrek is life.

  20. #2780
    Woot, looking forward that
    'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •