1. #2781
    Quote Originally Posted by snuzzle View Post
    Two sub races for reach race? I can't imagine one fully fleshed out sub race for all of them, let alone two. I guess if you count other tribes then things like Grimtotem tauren and Wildhammer dwarves, but other than that?
    Using your two examples I can think of Wildhammer and dark iron Dwarves. Taunka and Yaungol Tauren.
    FOR KHAZ MODAN!!

  2. #2782
    To recap.

    We know for a fact certain ethnic lore groups have been updated with new skins and textures for NPCs. Updated Wildhammer and Dark Iron skins have been datamined as well as a number of other classic examples.

    We know for a fact in CATA's beta Wildhammer tattoos were enabled for player use for about a week, and all grey skinned looking dwarf skins were changed to force all dwarf player models to have red eye coloring, which had a lot of people asking why their dwarf suddenly had red eyes. A blue said it was to represent the Dark Irons joining the Ironforge alliance of clans. We know Robinson and Ghostcrawler have both addressed the issue as something they want and plan to do, but there is no official word on how or when.

    Robinson has spoken of a possible content patch after release of WOD expanding player customization regarding hair, tattoos, and other idiosyncratic decorations. I imagine this would be the perfect time to put the updated ethnic NPC skins up for player use where it makes sense.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

  3. #2783
    Scarab Lord snuzzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Moonglade
    Posts
    4,736
    Quote Originally Posted by mammu2u View Post
    Using your two examples I can think of Wildhammer and dark iron Dwarves. Taunka and Yaungol Tauren.
    I suppose, but I thought for the sub races they'd be trying to stick with the original model, not make entirely new ones, which they would have to do with Taunka and Yaungol.
    Some noses just don't belong on some faces! #SaveTheSnoots!

    Exhibit AExhibit BOfficial MMO-C Feedback PostOfficial Beta Feedback Post

  4. #2784
    Quote Originally Posted by mammu2u View Post
    Using your two examples I can think of Wildhammer and dark iron Dwarves. Taunka and Yaungol Tauren.
    The problem with that is that Yaungol would require an entirely new model. They aren't IMO going to enable sub par animation quality and go backwards in progress just for the sake of having options. They may look good polygon wise compared to the vanilla models, but they need to have Pandaren era animation quality. So your best bet for any customization option in this area is in skins. 2 dimensional image files, not custom models. Unless they go the extra mile for NPCs and reanimate them, this is a problem a lot of people don't seem to consider just because the current options are "good enough" it seems like.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by snuzzle View Post
    I suppose, but I thought for the sub races they'd be trying to stick with the original model, not make entirely new ones, which they would have to do with Taunka and Yaungol.
    Indeed. We've seen updated work for NPCs, but so far it just seems to be in texture work as far as I know and not universally.
    Ironborn Dwarves would be so awesome, but they would be a step backwards in animation quality.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

  5. #2785
    Scarab Lord snuzzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Moonglade
    Posts
    4,736
    Yeah. Ideally eventually, we could get sub races with unique meshes. For the yaungol and taunka, basically all they need to do is make new heads and plop them on the existing tauren bodies. That's basically all they did for taunka anyway. Other unique sub races, like Undead elves, would require a lot more work.
    Some noses just don't belong on some faces! #SaveTheSnoots!

    Exhibit AExhibit BOfficial MMO-C Feedback PostOfficial Beta Feedback Post

  6. #2786
    Yeah I didn't really think they would put in the Yaungol or Taunka I was just saying that there are a lot of subraces to choose from. I just want Wildhammer AND Dark Iron Dwarves! o0o
    FOR KHAZ MODAN!!

  7. #2787
    The Lightbringer shoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    3,097
    Personally, my own justification for whether or not a subrace will work as a subrace or not comes down to whether or not it can share the original models skeleton and animations. Taunka would probably be the most challenging, because it would require an all new facial animation rig which might not be worth the effort for just 1 subrace. The Yaungol, while historically not Horde like the Taunka are, would probably be able to get away with the new Tauren facial rig.

    But I don't think a subrace needing more work than a retexture is a reason to disqualify it as a subrace, if Blizzard is to implement subraces in the future, I would rather them go the extra mile to make them look special instead of just a cheap reskin.

    Anyways, here is my list of potential subraces for every race. Some of them don't make tons of lore sense to be affiliated with the Horde/Alliance, some of them are only RPG canon, but list is list.

    Human
    - Azotha: Ugly children of the Vrykul, Barbarian and Vrykul features. (RPG canon only)
    - Half Elves: Children of Humans and High Elves, refugees from Theramore.
    Dwarf
    - Dark Iron: From Blackrock Mountain, dark skinned with fiery eyes.
    - Wildhammer: Traditional tattoos and darker skin.
    Gnome
    - Leper: Irradiated Gnomes with restored sanity.
    - Mecha: Clockwork ancestors of the Gnomes.
    Night Elf
    - Illidari: Disciples of Illidan Stormrage, runic tattoos and burning green eyes.
    - Highborne: The ancient Night Elf upper class, radiant skin, golden eyes and pastel hair colors.
    - Cenarion: Dryad and Keeper of the Grove features.
    Draenei
    - Man'ari: Twisted, demonic servants of the Legion. (Requires lore bending to make some of them friendly, Argus rebels?)
    - Broken: Draenei twisted by dark magics. (Might not work with Draenei model)
    Worgen
    - Bloodmoon: Northrend Worgen, polar wolf features.
    - Blackhowl: Worgen infused with the Blood of a black Dragon. Scales and Drakonid features.
    - Druid of the Pack: Night Elf Human Form
    Orc
    - Mag'har: Uncorrupted brown orcs, natives of Draenor.
    - Blackrock: Grey skinned orcs of the mountain.
    - Unhunched: Orcs discovered chiropracty.
    Troll
    - Forest: Mossy skin, warpaints
    - Ice: Cold, pale skin, white hair
    - Sandfury: Coarse, cracked pale skin, black tusks.
    Tauren
    - Grimtotem: Black fur and warpaints.
    - Taunka: Cousins of the Tauren from Northrend. (Would require head remodel)
    - Yaungol: Cousins of the Tauren from Pandaria. (Same as Taunka, need reason for joining Horde)
    Forsaken
    - Elf: Undead High Elves, pointed ears and elven hair styles.
    - Skeleton: Completely fleshless undead (Requires remodel)
    - Unhunched: Human posture/Human animations
    Blood Elf
    - Darkfallen: Last remaining members of the San'layn, welcomed into the Forsaken by Sylvanas (needs more lore.)
    - High Elf: Feeding from the renewed Sunwell has restored blue eyes and healthier skin.
    - Felblood: Feeding from Fel magics for too long caused some Elves to grow horns, unnatural skin colors and black wings.
    Goblin
    - Gilgoblin: Aquatic goblins, created by Hobart Grapplehammer.
    - Tinker: Due to numerous engineering accidents, certain body parts replaced with volatile goblin technology.
    Shrek is love, Shrek is life.

  8. #2788
    Whoa, the list is amazing, I just hope you know what an amount of work you plan for!

    If I could change something though, I would change Wildhammer Dwarf for Earthen or Iron Dwarf and Unhunched Orc for Fel Orc.

    Should Blizzard add Sub-Races once, I hope besides an unique look they give us good origin stories. Not as large ones as starting areas for normal races, but still large enough to let us know what defines them.

  9. #2789
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Personally, my own justification for whether or not a subrace will work as a subrace or not comes down to whether or not it can share the original models skeleton and animations. Taunka would probably be the most challenging, because it would require an all new facial animation rig which might not be worth the effort for just 1 subrace. The Yaungol, while historically not Horde like the Taunka are, would probably be able to get away with the new Tauren facial rig.

    But I don't think a subrace needing more work than a retexture is a reason to disqualify it as a subrace, if Blizzard is to implement subraces in the future, I would rather them go the extra mile to make them look special instead of just a cheap reskin.

    Anyways, here is my list of potential subraces for every race. Some of them don't make tons of lore sense to be affiliated with the Horde/Alliance, some of them are only RPG canon, but list is list.

    Human
    - Azotha: Ugly children of the Vrykul, Barbarian and Vrykul features. (RPG canon only)
    - Half Elves: Children of Humans and High Elves, refugees from Theramore.
    Dwarf
    - Dark Iron: From Blackrock Mountain, dark skinned with fiery eyes.
    - Wildhammer: Traditional tattoos and darker skin.
    Gnome
    - Leper: Irradiated Gnomes with restored sanity.
    - Mecha: Clockwork ancestors of the Gnomes.
    Night Elf
    - Illidari: Disciples of Illidan Stormrage, runic tattoos and burning green eyes.
    - Highborne: The ancient Night Elf upper class, radiant skin, golden eyes and pastel hair colors.
    - Cenarion: Dryad and Keeper of the Grove features.
    Draenei
    - Man'ari: Twisted, demonic servants of the Legion. (Requires lore bending to make some of them friendly, Argus rebels?)
    - Broken: Draenei twisted by dark magics. (Might not work with Draenei model)
    Worgen
    - Bloodmoon: Northrend Worgen, polar wolf features.
    - Blackhowl: Worgen infused with the Blood of a black Dragon. Scales and Drakonid features.
    - Druid of the Pack: Night Elf Human Form
    Orc
    - Mag'har: Uncorrupted brown orcs, natives of Draenor.
    - Blackrock: Grey skinned orcs of the mountain.
    - Unhunched: Orcs discovered chiropracty.
    Troll
    - Forest: Mossy skin, warpaints
    - Ice: Cold, pale skin, white hair
    - Sandfury: Coarse, cracked pale skin, black tusks.
    Tauren
    - Grimtotem: Black fur and warpaints.
    - Taunka: Cousins of the Tauren from Northrend. (Would require head remodel)
    - Yaungol: Cousins of the Tauren from Pandaria. (Same as Taunka, need reason for joining Horde)
    Forsaken
    - Elf: Undead High Elves, pointed ears and elven hair styles.
    - Skeleton: Completely fleshless undead (Requires remodel)
    - Unhunched: Human posture/Human animations
    Blood Elf
    - Darkfallen: Last remaining members of the San'layn, welcomed into the Forsaken by Sylvanas (needs more lore.)
    - High Elf: Feeding from the renewed Sunwell has restored blue eyes and healthier skin.
    - Felblood: Feeding from Fel magics for too long caused some Elves to grow horns, unnatural skin colors and black wings.
    Goblin
    - Gilgoblin: Aquatic goblins, created by Hobart Grapplehammer.
    - Tinker: Due to numerous engineering accidents, certain body parts replaced with volatile goblin technology.
    undead high elves are implement in WoW now. the blood elves DK. DK were the all heros who died in the invasion of quel'thalas (high elves). they are dead and they are high elves
    For Quelthalas

  10. #2790
    Fluffy Kitten Lokann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Trapped in Rykha's basement
    Posts
    12,341
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    undead high elves are implement in WoW now. the blood elves DK. DK were the all heros who died in the invasion of quel'thalas (high elves). they are dead and they are high elves
    Actually it's left ambiguous when the DKs died, it could have been during vanilla WoW or TBC, though the most likely option is the Wrath pre-event.



  11. #2791
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post
    Actually it's left ambiguous when the DKs died, it could have been during vanilla WoW or TBC, though the most likely option is the Wrath pre-event.
    koltira is a example!!!
    For Quelthalas

  12. #2792
    Fluffy Kitten Lokann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Trapped in Rykha's basement
    Posts
    12,341
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    koltira is a example!!!
    And Thassarian was one of Arthas' soldiers personally killed by Falric, doesn't mean all human DKs are.



  13. #2793
    you forgot pandaren
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  14. #2794
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Night Elf
    - Highborne: The ancient Night Elf upper class, radiant skin, golden eyes and pastel hair colors.
    Golden eyes quickly became far more common. After the Sundering, night elves abandoned their former obsession with bloodlines, and so the number of night elves born with golden eyes increased significantly.

    So, I'm not sure they should just get it.. but some extra skins just for golden eyes would be fine for me as well. But night elf female druids would have them even more likely then the Shen'dralar.
    For Shen'dralar I would like to see more blood elf like haircuts and more faces like the new face 8.
    Last edited by Hellspawn; 2014-08-29 at 07:51 AM.

  15. #2795
    Field Marshal Shadowtwili's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Kingdom of the Netherlands
    Posts
    51
    Hmm, two subraces per species huh?

    Also, I disagree with making the Demon Hunter/Druidic looking Kaldorei (that ofcourse goes for more "sub"-species) a sub-specie instead of just added custimisation options.

    Human
    - Azotha: Ugly children of the Vrykul, Barbarian and Vrykul features. (RPG canon only)
    - Half Elves: Children of Humans and High Elves, refugees from Theramore.
    These I like, so nothing against these ones!

    Dwarf
    - Dark Iron: From Blackrock Mountain, dark skinned with fiery eyes.
    - Wildhammer: Traditional tattoos and darker skin.
    I disagree with the Wildhammer Dwarf as a sub-species though, because in essence, they're the same race as Bronzebeard Dwarves except tattoo'd and living outside, giving them thicker skin.

    I would rather see Earthen Dwarves as a replacement, Earthen V1 Dwarves from Uldaman, that joined their cousins after the Dark Irons and Bronzebeards both left Uldaman.

    Gnome
    - Leper: Irradiated Gnomes with restored sanity.
    - Mecha: Clockwork ancestors of the Gnomes.
    YES, SO MUCH THIS PLEASE. I would role a Mecha-Gnome Warrior in a instant and I would make my Gnome Warlock a Leper Gnome without a doubt, then I need should make a normal Gnome too and then I would have Leper, Mecha, Undead and Normal Gnomes!

    *cheers*

    Night Elf
    - Illidari: Disciples of Illidan Stormrage, runic tattoos and burning green eyes.
    - Highborne: The ancient Night Elf upper class, radiant skin, golden eyes and pastel hair colors.
    - Cenarion: Dryad and Keeper of the Grove features.
    the Illidari, Highborne and Cenarion options should just be customisation options instead of "sub-species", but I wouldn't know any real other sub-species for the Kaldorei except maybe Kaldorei Worgen and/or a handfull of High Elves?

    Draenei
    - Man'ari: Twisted, demonic servants of the Legion. (Requires lore bending to make some of them friendly, Argus rebels?)
    - Broken: Draenei twisted by dark magics. (Might not work with Draenei model)
    I agree with Broken Draenei, but replace Man'ari for Lost Ones, they have proven to be intelligent (as shown in quests in Zangermarsh), and while the Zanger Lost Ones wanted to be left alone, there are more tribes out there and maybe some could be persuaded to (re-)join their brethern? especially now that the Draenei have also accepted the Broken and allied with races that are known users of Fel (looking at you, Dark Irons, Humans, Bronzebeards, Gnomes and Worgen).

    Worgen
    - Bloodmoon: Northrend Worgen, polar wolf features.
    - Blackhowl: Worgen infused with the Blood of a black Dragon. Scales and Drakonid features.
    - Druid of the Pack: Night Elf Human Form
    Move the Druid of the Pack to Kaldorei sub-species please.
    Polar features should be added customisation options, not a subspecies.

    Blackhowl could make sense, I guess, would also make alot of Roleplayers happy, especially of they look more Dragonlike then Worgenlike.

    A last subspecies could be undeath Worgen? Worgen risen by the Scourge in Northrend, now trying to rejoin their old allies in the South? more undead features like rotten fur, bones sticking out etcetc?

    Orc
    - Mag'har: Uncorrupted brown orcs, natives of Draenor.
    - Blackrock: Grey skinned orcs of the mountain.
    - Unhunched: Orcs discovered chiropracty.
    Remove unhunched and make it a added custimisation option, not a sub-species.

    Add Fel Orcs, since the Orcs at the Dark Portal have been red/Fel Orcs since forever and Blizzard knows and Blizzard didn't change them nor did they deny they where Fel Orcs.

    Troll
    - Forest: Mossy skin, warpaints
    - Ice: Cold, pale skin, white hair
    - Sandfury: Coarse, cracked pale skin, black tusks.
    Forest Trolls should use the bulkier model, when using Forest Troll skin, same for Ice Trolls, Sandfury should be current model skin options.

    Tauren
    - Grimtotem: Black fur and warpaints.
    - Taunka: Cousins of the Tauren from Northrend. (Would require head remodel)
    - Yaungol: Cousins of the Tauren from Pandaria. (Same as Taunka, need reason for joining Horde)
    Grimtotem should be added custimisation options.

    The rest I agree with, to be fair, I actually wondered why the Horde didn't ally with the first Yaungol tribe they encountered, I mean the Yaungol can be civilized and I am certain that if a herd of... I mean group of Tauren ambassadors and warriors approached them, they could be up for talking! (especially now that the Sha influence is gone!)

    Forsaken
    - Elf: Undead High Elves, pointed ears and elven hair styles.
    - Skeleton: Completely fleshless undead (Requires remodel)
    - Unhunched: Human posture/Human animations
    Most of them are custimisation options and skeletons should be one to, to be fair.

    Other subspecies for the Forsaken could be the:
    Darkfallen and the Vrykul, both former members of the Scourge.
    The Darkfallen could've allied with Sylvanas on their own behest (or because she blackmailed them in).
    The Vrykul could ally with the Forsaken because of their need of a new Death God(dess), brought to them by the Val'Kyr.

    Blood Elf
    - Darkfallen: Last remaining members of the San'layn, welcomed into the Forsaken by Sylvanas (needs more lore.)
    - High Elf: Feeding from the renewed Sunwell has restored blue eyes and healthier skin.
    - Felblood: Feeding from Fel magics for too long caused some Elves to grow horns, unnatural skin colors and black wings.
    Remove Darkfallen, they don't make sense as a Sin'dorei subspecies and neither do the Quel'dorei, as stated it would probably take generations for them to regain their old eye colours.

    FelBlood I agree with and add Wretched as a subspecies, they have also shown that they can be negotiated with and aslong as they have magick to feed on, they can be quite sane.

    The Sin'dorei could accept them under the pretense of needing more people back in their Kingdom?

    Goblin
    - Gilgoblin: Aquatic goblins, created by Hobart Grapplehammer.
    - Tinker: Due to numerous engineering accidents, certain body parts replaced with volatile goblin technology.
    Tinker.... I'm not certain about that one!

    Gilgoblin makes sense though, they created some before, they can create some again!

    And add Hobgoblins, I know they're as dumb as a Ogre, but their age was set in the RPG, so they can be retconned to be able to grow as old as a normal Goblin. (that and I would role one untill Ogre's become available).

    And I know it would take ages and probably require tons of work for some of these subspecies, but this is my wishlist and god it would be so good to see half of them ingame T_T!

  16. #2796
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardwing View Post
    If I could change something though, I would change Wildhammer Dwarf for Earthen or Iron Dwarf
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowtwili View Post
    I disagree with the Wildhammer Dwarf as a sub-species though, because in essence, they're the same race as Bronzebeard Dwarves except tattoo'd and living outside, giving them thicker skin.
    I want both of you banned for life

  17. #2797
    The Lightbringer shoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    3,097
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowtwili View Post
    Hmm, two subraces per species huh?

    Also, I disagree with making the Demon Hunter/Druidic looking Kaldorei (that ofcourse goes for more "sub"-species) a sub-specie instead of just added custimisation options.



    These I like, so nothing against these ones!



    I disagree with the Wildhammer Dwarf as a sub-species though, because in essence, they're the same race as Bronzebeard Dwarves except tattoo'd and living outside, giving them thicker skin.

    I would rather see Earthen Dwarves as a replacement, Earthen V1 Dwarves from Uldaman, that joined their cousins after the Dark Irons and Bronzebeards both left Uldaman.



    YES, SO MUCH THIS PLEASE. I would role a Mecha-Gnome Warrior in a instant and I would make my Gnome Warlock a Leper Gnome without a doubt, then I need should make a normal Gnome too and then I would have Leper, Mecha, Undead and Normal Gnomes!

    *cheers*



    the Illidari, Highborne and Cenarion options should just be customisation options instead of "sub-species", but I wouldn't know any real other sub-species for the Kaldorei except maybe Kaldorei Worgen and/or a handfull of High Elves?



    I agree with Broken Draenei, but replace Man'ari for Lost Ones, they have proven to be intelligent (as shown in quests in Zangermarsh), and while the Zanger Lost Ones wanted to be left alone, there are more tribes out there and maybe some could be persuaded to (re-)join their brethern? especially now that the Draenei have also accepted the Broken and allied with races that are known users of Fel (looking at you, Dark Irons, Humans, Bronzebeards, Gnomes and Worgen).



    Move the Druid of the Pack to Kaldorei sub-species please.
    Polar features should be added customisation options, not a subspecies.

    Blackhowl could make sense, I guess, would also make alot of Roleplayers happy, especially of they look more Dragonlike then Worgenlike.

    A last subspecies could be undeath Worgen? Worgen risen by the Scourge in Northrend, now trying to rejoin their old allies in the South? more undead features like rotten fur, bones sticking out etcetc?



    Remove unhunched and make it a added custimisation option, not a sub-species.

    Add Fel Orcs, since the Orcs at the Dark Portal have been red/Fel Orcs since forever and Blizzard knows and Blizzard didn't change them nor did they deny they where Fel Orcs.



    Forest Trolls should use the bulkier model, when using Forest Troll skin, same for Ice Trolls, Sandfury should be current model skin options.



    Grimtotem should be added custimisation options.

    The rest I agree with, to be fair, I actually wondered why the Horde didn't ally with the first Yaungol tribe they encountered, I mean the Yaungol can be civilized and I am certain that if a herd of... I mean group of Tauren ambassadors and warriors approached them, they could be up for talking! (especially now that the Sha influence is gone!)



    Most of them are custimisation options and skeletons should be one to, to be fair.

    Other subspecies for the Forsaken could be the:
    Darkfallen and the Vrykul, both former members of the Scourge.
    The Darkfallen could've allied with Sylvanas on their own behest (or because she blackmailed them in).
    The Vrykul could ally with the Forsaken because of their need of a new Death God(dess), brought to them by the Val'Kyr.



    Remove Darkfallen, they don't make sense as a Sin'dorei subspecies and neither do the Quel'dorei, as stated it would probably take generations for them to regain their old eye colours.

    FelBlood I agree with and add Wretched as a subspecies, they have also shown that they can be negotiated with and aslong as they have magick to feed on, they can be quite sane.

    The Sin'dorei could accept them under the pretense of needing more people back in their Kingdom?



    Tinker.... I'm not certain about that one!

    Gilgoblin makes sense though, they created some before, they can create some again!

    And add Hobgoblins, I know they're as dumb as a Ogre, but their age was set in the RPG, so they can be retconned to be able to grow as old as a normal Goblin. (that and I would role one untill Ogre's become available).

    And I know it would take ages and probably require tons of work for some of these subspecies, but this is my wishlist and god it would be so good to see half of them ingame T_T!
    The thing is, implementation wise, subrace is no different than 'skin-haircut-slight remodel pack'. Think of it as something you would unlock for your race, meaning, it would have to stay within the race itself.

    Because of that, adhering to the original model and animations as closely as possible is the 10000% priority. Some races just don't have lore rich sub races that can be used that happen to share the same model, and in those cases, Blizzard can fill in with unique customization options that kind of make sense within the lore. Just for the sake of balance of course.

    But here are my counter arguments.

    I disagree with the Wildhammer Dwarf as a sub-species though, because in essence, they're the same race as Bronzebeard Dwarves except tattoo'd and living outside, giving them thicker skin.

    I would rather see Earthen Dwarves as a replacement, Earthen V1 Dwarves from Uldaman, that joined their cousins after the Dark Irons and Bronzebeards both left Uldaman.
    Wildhammer Dwarf is definitely a sub race. They have a whole other culture, region and city, and Wildhammer specific sub-races would be exciting to explore. On top of various tattoo styles, Wildhammers can have different hairstyles as well.



    You won't see a Bronzebeard or Dark Iron with that kind of do.

    I agree with Broken Draenei, but replace Man'ari for Lost Ones, they have proven to be intelligent (as shown in quests in Zangermarsh), and while the Zanger Lost Ones wanted to be left alone, there are more tribes out there and maybe some could be persuaded to (re-)join their brethern? especially now that the Draenei have also accepted the Broken and allied with races that are known users of Fel (looking at you, Dark Irons, Humans, Bronzebeards, Gnomes and Worgen).
    The hardest part about Broken and Lost Ones are that they don't abide by the 'use the Draenei model and skeleton' rule. I think the Broken can be done, albeit with a little bit of retconning, to just look like really malformed but still physically intact but still Broken.



    In this image, Nobundo basically has the same physique as his old self. Just with the added clawed hands and feet and wacked up face.

    I don't think Lost Ones would work. There are too many challenges there.

    Move the Druid of the Pack to Kaldorei sub-species please.
    Polar features should be added customisation options, not a subspecies.

    Blackhowl could make sense, I guess, would also make alot of Roleplayers happy, especially of they look more Dragonlike then Worgenlike.

    A last subspecies could be undeath Worgen? Worgen risen by the Scourge in Northrend, now trying to rejoin their old allies in the South? more undead features like rotten fur, bones sticking out etcetc?
    Since the only thing that would change about Druid of the Pack is the fact that instead of a Human Form, they would have a Night Elf form, as well as the Worgen itself looking a little more Emerald-Dreamy, DotP would definitely be a Worgen subrace. The Polar Worgen, while they aren't a true sub race, they have just as many equal opportunities to have many customization options so they are on the list.

    Remove unhunched and make it a added custimisation option, not a sub-species.

    Add Fel Orcs, since the Orcs at the Dark Portal have been red/Fel Orcs since forever and Blizzard knows and Blizzard didn't change them nor did they deny they where Fel Orcs.

    Yeah Unhunched wouldn't be a subrace, just an additional customization option that would be open to anyone wherever. Fel-anything is hard to justify making playable since the nature of actively consuming Fel magic makes you inherently bad and crazy. There are the Red Orcs guarding the Dark Portal, but that really hasn't been explaining and personally I think it's just because of exposure to the Dark Portal for so many years. And if Orcs are to get 2 subraces, Mag'har and Blackrock would undoubtly get priority.

    Most of them are custimisation options and skeletons should be one to, to be fair.

    Other subspecies for the Forsaken could be the:
    Darkfallen and the Vrykul, both former members of the Scourge.
    The Darkfallen could've allied with Sylvanas on their own behest (or because she blackmailed them in).
    The Vrykul could ally with the Forsaken because of their need of a new Death God(dess), brought to them by the Val'Kyr.
    Again, Darkfallen use the Elf model and Vrykul are just not even made to be playable. So they are both out.

    Lorewise, I think it would make perfect sense for the Darkfallen to be a Blood Elf subrace but lorewise ally not with Lor'themar but with Sylvanas. It's staying within the Horde, so no harm done.
    Shrek is love, Shrek is life.

  18. #2798
    Bloodsail Admiral Lahis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,104
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowtwili View Post
    Polar features should be added customisation options, not a subspecies.
    Where does this whole "Dragonworgen" thing come from and in what reality does it make sense?

    I don't get it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowtwili View Post
    A last subspecies could be undeath Worgen? Worgen risen by the Scourge in Northrend, now trying to rejoin their old allies in the South? more undead features like rotten fur, bones sticking out etcetc?
    One little problem, though. Humans in Silverpine willingly became Worgen after Gilneas'es fall, because worgen cannot be reanimated by the Val'kyr. From where could undead worgen come?
    Last edited by Lahis; 2014-08-29 at 06:26 PM.
    3DS FC: 3797-6941-2837
    Member of the Elite Four in the MMO-Champion Pokémon League.

    deviantART | tumblr

  19. #2799
    Fluffy Kitten Lokann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Trapped in Rykha's basement
    Posts
    12,341
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Where does this whole "Dragonworgen" thing come from and in what reality does it make sense?

    I don't get it.
    The rogue legendary daggers questline, though that particular dragon has been killed and his forces quite likely dispatched. Wrathion really really REALLY dislikes any black dragon stuff surviving.



  20. #2800
    The Lightbringer shoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    3,097
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Where does this whole "Dragonworgen" thing come from and in what reality does it make sense?

    I don't get it.
    http://wowpedia.org/Blackhowl

    It's basically a large group of Gilean's (Worgen included) that had their blood infused with Creed's Black Dragon blood.

    We know from the existence of Dragonmen, Drakonid and Dragonspawn, Dragon Blood can have transformative properties on those who are affected by it, especially Humans for some reason.

    It is very much a plausible theory that the Blackhowl would be transformed into a hybrid Worgen/Black Dragon. It would be a cool afterthought anyways.
    Shrek is love, Shrek is life.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •