Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Wouldnt it be cool if we could play as the 3 different body types for trolls? Big (Kazra), Medium (Voljin) and Small (Sul). It would be a lot of work but it would be well worth it in my opinion
    Isn't the issue with that being that Kazra and Sul were part of different tribes (all of which have specific varying appearances in their own ways) and the Darkspear are the only ones who are affiliated with the Horde? While it makes some sense for Mag'har Orcs to be with Green Orcs in their respective starting zones it makes far less sense that starting as a Sand troll in the Darkspear starting area would happen.

Even the Dark Iron and Wildhammer Dwarves make sense to be starting in the Dwarf starting zone considering recent expansion events. Different troll sub races though? Not without some serious story changes to allow it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alundra View Post
    Isn't the issue with that being that Kazra and Sul were part of different tribes (all of which have specific varying appearances in their own ways) and the Darkspear are the only ones who are affiliated with the Horde? While it makes some sense for Mag'har Orcs to be with Green Orcs in their respective starting zones it makes far less sense that starting as a Sand troll in the Darkspear starting area would happen.

Even the Dark Iron and Wildhammer Dwarves make sense to be starting in the Dwarf starting zone considering recent expansion events. Different troll sub races though? Not without some serious story changes to allow it.
    They are body types, not all forest trolls are burly and not all sand trolls are skinny, it would make sense if there were different body types, buff tank troll warriors and slender troll casters! It would be a lot of work though. Same goes for the hunch/no hunch argument for Orcs.
    You just lost The Game

10+ Year Old Account
    That Hippogryphs look awesome, I wish Blizzard would really replace all the old models with more high quality ones (or atleast their skins in some cases).

Also, I would love to play a Dire Orc, if that was a possibility, I would change my Death Knight into one!

They are body types, not all forest trolls are burly and not all sand trolls are skinny, it would make sense if there were different body types, buff tank troll warriors and slender troll casters! It would be a lot of work though. Same goes for the hunch/no hunch argument for Orcs.
    I do actually think it is meant to be due to race/tribe. The only skinny forest trolls are the females (who all share a generic model) and the occasional runt.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    I do actually think it is meant to be due to race/tribe. The only skinny forest trolls are the females (who all share a generic model) and the occasional runt.
    True, but then there are exceptions like the many buff/bigger gurubashi trolls (jungle) you can find around sometimes, though they aren't nearly as big as forest nor frost trolls, but still.

Quote Originally Posted by Narna View Post
    I'd like to request a blue Kazra'jin as well as blue Sul, the two guys from Council of Elders.
    Last edited by shoc; 2014-01-12 at 08:15 PM.
    You just lost The Game

Kazra'jin looks like a 50's greaser with that hair. I approve.

Quote Originally Posted by Alteiry View Post
    Kazra'jin looks like a 50's greaser with that hair. I approve.

lol
    You just lost The Game

lol
    Uncanny likeness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shoc can you do some of the new troll female for some colours like green, colour from the elders, undead troll skin to, purple, and so forth?
    For the Horde!

10+ Year Old Account
    The only real argument for a new troll body type is forest trolls, and even then, it's isolated to some cases of them. Even if the Darkspear have a range of possible physiques (as with any race), they'd still not be as large as the forest trolls.

I also never play skinny casters.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldnt it be cool if we could play as the 3 different body types for trolls? Big (Kazra), Medium (Voljin) and Small (Sul). It would be a lot of work but it would be well worth it in my opinion
    This. 100%. I would love to be able to choose.

I'd probably make 3 shamans, one of each body type.

Wow, these look awesome. Kazra'jin looks badass. Now I'm really looking forward to the model reveals. 1-2 more weeks, fingers crossed for trolls.

Top job Shoc. I'm amazed again.
    Last edited by Nurabashi; 2014-01-12 at 11:36 PM.
    Currently Procrastinating

Quote Originally Posted by Thaladhrun View Post
    The only real argument for a new troll body type is forest trolls, and even then, it's isolated to some cases of them. Even if the Darkspear have a range of possible physiques (as with any race), they'd still not be as large as the forest trolls.

I also never play skinny casters.

I think it would be well worth the effort if they added an additional body type for each race, like a Thrall type Orc, Anduin type Human, Kazra'jin type Troll, unhunched Forsaken, etc
    You just lost The Game

Deleted
    I think it would be well worth the effort if they added an additional body type for each race, like a Thrall type Orc, Anduin type Human, Kazra'jin type Troll, unhunched Forsaken, etc
    Would be awesome, not just for my own characters, but to see some more variation in players and NPCs out in the world would kick ass.

My dream... if you could choose body-types.... I'd drop dead of happiness... Thin caster trolls, bulky troll warriors, medium troll hybrids... agile and thin Undead rogue and a big assed warrior tank
    Last edited by Falu; 2014-01-13 at 08:46 AM.

SHow us your facial animations.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    SHow us your facial animations.
    Grrrr, what you lookin' at.
    Currently Procrastinating

Relax mon.

- - - Updated - - -

I've always been a big fan of the three body rule for WOW, but not like SWTOR, each body needs totally unique animations and emotes, it's wonky as fuck if it's just scaled, and they need to embellish and stylize the distinct anatomy. The troll example above is great, if they weren't using the recycled troll and orc animations.

I would love Night Elf options like the massive Incredible Hulk bear druids from WC3 next to the classic 7 foot tall lithe example.

Last edited by Yig; 2014-01-13 at 07:54 PM.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Quote Originally Posted by Throren View Post
    True, but then there are exceptions like the many buff/bigger gurubashi trolls (jungle) you can find around sometimes, though they aren't nearly as big as forest nor frost trolls, but still.
    Ah, you must be thinking of the old alpha models still used here and there. Those were totally generic with different skins for all troll races.

Haven't read all the 29 pages but i've got one question....What about high elves? Do you guys think the new versions of night elves will have a sub-race to resemble high elves? I think it would be great, since they have joined the alliance since the cataclysm n' shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moxal
    While in a Naxx25 raid near the beginning of wrath, our MT decided to go to the bathroom with his wireless headset on. Unfortunatly, had vent set to voice activated. We heard it all, including the flush, and no hand washing before he said "ok, back, with food!" ...
    Quote Originally Posted by derfel
    Dem trolls don't mess wit da fel. Tis' be bad magic, mon.