I really like Night Elfs's look in the comic curse of the worgen. Not neccessary their cartoonyness but I mean overall proportion and feel. Malfurion looks badass in the comic.

Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    You don't understand ANYTHING, the first thing, about Night Elves apparently.
    They are massive 7 foot tall giants and many of them are as wide as they are tall, Broll Bearmantle for example.
    These ARE NOT Tolkien elves or Drow.
    Sheesh relax. I agree they're tall, they aren't usually beefy though (relative to their frame). Those High Elf pictures you posted are just wearing bulky armour BTW.

They're actually WoW's version of Dark Elves/Sidhe or what have you, with a distinctive WoW interpretation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Sheesh relax. I agree they're tall, they aren't usually beefy though (relative to their frame). Those High Elf pictures you posted are just wearing bulky armour BTW.

They're actually WoW's version of Dark Elves/Sidhe or what have you, with a distinctive WoW interpretation.
    Male NEs are quite muscular. Certainly far more than current model.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaladhrun View Post
    Well, vanilla 3rd edition (and prior) D&D Elves. It's a misconception that Tolkien's elves were lacking in muscularity. They were tall and well built. They were built for war.
    Actually I don't think Tolkien gave much description of them one way or the other. Apart from being beautiful. Never even mentioned pointed ears.

I think spellbreakers aren't representative of the race as a whole since they're trained fighters who lug those bigass shields around, but IMO the current Blood Elf male model should be about the upper limit of Blood Elf muscularity.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I see:

But a slight bit more civilized. Still ferocious, though. My headcanon is that night elves can pull huge bitchfaces, like on this pic. Ones that make you run faster than you ever thought you could. While at the same time remaining obviously feminine. Like amazonian women, really.
    Is that early concept art? Seems like they got less feral over time.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    Isn't the real question what kind of underwear they will wear?
    Hopefully it'll have a leaf on it :P

I'm concerned that Gnomes will corner the market on awesome underwear in the new models.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    I really like Night Elfs's look in the comic curse of the worgen. Not neccessary their cartoonyness but I mean overall proportion and feel. Malfurion looks badass in the comic.
    http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/i/20...sh-d35ldqo.jpg
    Me too I loves them loves them loves them loves them loves them. Ludo Lullabi kicks so much ass.

- - - Updated - - -

Is that early concept art? Seems like they got less feral over time.

Yes that is basically the first ever concept page they made and changed them from subsequently a lot even in WC3. Night Elf males no longer are mute and telepathically speak through the females they gather.

The Wolfriders of Wendy Pini's Elfquest are really a great example of one of the most prominent inspirations for the druidic Kaldorei society we know of today IMO
    Last edited by Yig; 2014-01-17 at 06:51 AM.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

10+ Year Old Account
    Art Style of that comic is meh to me.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Forgive my enthusiasm I don't mean to seem like an asshole but but ye jess'dinnae know what you're talking aboot when ye say dafty wee things like that, lad/lass.
    Night Elf males get as big as orcs and 7-10 feet tall to boot. Yes, they're WOW's version of Dark Elves, they are also a very unique take of them making them more creature than idealized human.

They run the gamut of frames actually, and would be ideal for the "3 body type" concept we talk about.
    Bear druids get frickin' huge in elven form.

Next to an average male like the demon hunter.

One of the things Blizzard did to their elves to set them apart from Warhammer was to make them much bulkier and much taller. Even the lithe and more skinny have massive shoulders. They are totally ripped. But you don't seem aware of the larger examples, they are quite beefy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Art Style of that comic is meh to me.
    I find it absolutely gorgeous, the sense of energy in Lullabi's lines is confident and loose and fun and very expressive, his form and shapes have a sense of motion to them I enjoy, I like the way he goes to extreme minimalism and then to detail, and his strong silhouettes and profiles. The man is one of my recent favorite artists since 2009.
    Last edited by Yig; 2014-01-17 at 06:53 AM.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

More serious and realistic tone I like for night elf portrayal would be WotA trilogy cover.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never played Warcraft III but I do love the amazon style for the Night Elves. But I think calling the current Night Elves "ditzy cheerleaders" is an exaggeration, their model design is fine as is in my opinion, but it seems like they're just lacking the awesome armor and aggressive attitudes they had in Warcraft III (but I still don't think they act ditzy, they just act kind of mystical and calm). Orc and Troll women make great amazons too though. I would like to see more aggression in Night Elf women but I wouldn't want them to be too savage or violent because that's the Orc and Troll women's thing.

And I do hope they just base the model updates off of the original race concept arts from WoW, they don't really need to draw new concept art, it's all right there!
    Last edited by Bryrida; 2014-01-17 at 08:40 AM.
    "Being bad never felt so good!"

Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    omg that night elf warrior is legendary
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

Assuming you mean the one in red armor, that's a death knight

i just dislike night elves in general
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    I fully agree with the people above me.

I don't know why they felt the need to add the anime style in WoW, but it ruined the 'serious' depiction of certain races.

Back to the Warcraft 3 portrayal, would be my advice.

I agree that nightelf pc models should be closer to the concept art of the race. But I don't think this will ever happen in wow. In the best case the new models movel just a little bit closer to that ideal.
    So I would not get my hopes to high the differences will not be much bigger then on the models we have already seen.
    They already feared the response of players with an unpopular race, how much will they fear the response with an popular race?

Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    They run the gamut of frames actually, and would be ideal for the "3 body type" concept we talk about.
    Bear druids get frickin' huge in elven form.

Next to an average male like the demon hunter.
    If we only could have different bodytypes in WoW :/

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    I agree that nightelf pc models should be closer to the concept art of the race. But I don't think this will ever happen in wow. In the best case the new models movel just a little bit closer to that ideal.
    So I would not get my hopes to high the differences will not be much bigger then on the models we have already seen.
    They already feared the response of players with an unpopular race, how much will they fear the response with an popular race?
    The facial differences between the old and new forsaken was pretty drastic, but the response at Blizzcon was overly positive. I don't think Blizz is going to be afraid to take some risks when it comes to the new models.
    You just lost The Game

^ This is what I'm looking forward to the most, actually. I know that they're keeping certain "iconic" features, but it would be a really neat thing to see a complete overhaul with the remaining races to be released. I'm actually looking forward to seeing female orcs and trolls simply because I wonder if they'll go with less sexual dimorphism.

Deleted

Like the female Nelf less in this one, but the male one is excellent, what I was hoping for, for wow...hmmm...the ears r really fookd up though...

Deleted
    Judging by those images, you're hoping to play as a stripper?

I think this paints a pretty good portrait of the level of quality we'll see of how they'll update individual facial features, they've made it pretty clear that they don't want you to look completely different when you log in, if you had the metal jaw (which I totally didn't know was supposed to be metal before now), when you log in to your undead you'll have a nicer looking metal jaw. If the facial features follow this trend, then we're going to at the minimum see all the old faces for every race, even the ugly old man Illidan snarly face for night elves, updated to match 6.0 standards. If we're lucky we might see new faces too, and I have high hopes for new skin colors and hair cuts.
    You just lost The Game