10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    GROMES!!!! Serendipity!
    Bhahahawahaha. That's hilarious. You are a legend.
    "The sword is mightier than the pen, and considerably easier to kill with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    Whats wrong with the current NE direction?
    The awkwardness and stiffness in the male models and the bounciness of the female ones. The casting animations for male NEs are hideous. I bet if Blizzard were to conduct research on how many male NE are played relative to females, particularly for casters, it'd be a slither. Maybe they already have done so.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome job on the sub-race female orcs. Looks badass. Maghar ftw!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaladhrun View Post
    The awkwardness and stiffness in the male models and the bounciness of the female ones. The casting animations for male NEs are hideous. I bet if Blizzard were to conduct research on how many male NE are played relative to females, particularly for casters, it'd be a slither. Maybe they already have done so.
    I think Night Elf females are fine. There is absolutely nothing wrong with looking beautiful. Fel I mean the orcish female model still has a toughness but not so much as you feel *Not tapping that*. I mean honestly, the drive to not care much for beauty is IMO kind of silly. The bouncing IMO isn't a big deal. Blizzard is doing what they said they are doing. They are revamping them but staying faithful to the original models.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I just died of glee and somehow got revived to continue being so happy. The female Orc simply looks amazing and the skin color variations you made just make me even more eager to have that model RIGHT NOW!

If we get an Artcraft update once a week, we could very well be seeing a new model preview every ~2 weeks. This would definitely put the Art team in good standings to make a late June release. Excited!
    You just lost The Game

Question:
    "Did you just announce that players will be able to create brown orcs? Or just that Iron Horde uses updated models also?"
    Chris's answer:
    "No announcements Just speaking to the fact that Orcs in Draenor (on this timeline) have brown skin."
    A part of my hopes shattered.

Quote Originally Posted by Lodovica View Post
    Question:

Chris's answer:

Though the "No announcements (:" sounds a little teasy to me. He knows very well that sub-race skins is something we would kill for, but he's made it clear that they want to make sure they get the base models 100% right before they move on with other stuff. Let's see what they have to say once the model revamp is complete (:
    You just lost The Game

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lodovica View Post
    Question:

Chris's answer:

I think - or at least, would like to think - that it's "not now, but a thing we would like to do in the future of this new expansion."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I think Night Elf females are fine.[...] The bouncing IMO isn't a big deal. Blizzard is doing what they said they are doing. They are revamping them but staying faithful to the original models.
    True, but then again, I never said their beauty is the problem. I said the bounciness is. It isn't a "big deal", in the way that the stiff NE male animations are, i.e. so much so that I have forsaken playing them, but it's not what I want to see when I play a NE female.

I would like to see Blizzard chart some new waters. It didn't have a problem deviating from previous concept art from WC3, so it shouldn't have a problem deviating, even a little, from the way the current models are. Staying faithful to the original models is something that admits of degrees, anyway... They have plenty of scope to 'test' player reactions to any introduced changes. There is no reason to be conservative to a fault when bouncing about new ideas.

As it so happens, I like what they've done with orcish and human females, but with the human females I'd have to see them in action before drawing any conclusions, as their biggest issue, IMO, is how stiff they are. I know a lot of people like them for their casting animations, as do I, but that's about it.
    Last edited by Zathrendar; 2014-02-19 at 10:40 PM.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

I'd like Blizzard to be bold enough to do away with some of the more awkward and contrived idle animations. Or at least allow players the option to either pick from a selection or turn them off entirely. Alas, we'd probably be met with something along the lines of 'would you like the option to turn off idle animations, or another raid tier?' as is the case with many suggestions lately!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm kind of bored of raid tiers and dungeons, being more partial to PVP and RP, myself. :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caesius Baelthar View Post
    I'd like Blizzard to be bold enough to do away with some of the more awkward and contrived idle animations. Or at least allow players the option to either pick from a selection or turn them off entirely. Alas, we'd probably be met with something along the lines of 'would you like the option to turn off idle animations, or another raid tier?' as is the case with many suggestions lately!
    Well you took that out of context pretty quickly. Is taking out of context a thing these days?

I'm kind of bored of raid tiers and dungeons, being more partial to PVP and RP, myself. :/
    PVP has a sense of endlessness. PVE at least has new places to go more often. However, I must abstain for that is another discussion.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Well you took that out of context pretty quickly. Is taking out of context a thing these days?
    I believe you gave Thaladhrun's earlier post the same treatment, perhaps unintentionally!

Besides, it's been something used as an excuse by many players across numerous threads recently whenever someone offers feedback. Even when Blizzard themselves explicitly ask for it. There's also quite a lot of players who have absolutely no interest in PvP or PvE related activities and instead prefer RP, achievement hunting, pet battles and all sorts of cosmetic related updates instead. Additional options for character animations could easily tie in with all that.
    Last edited by Graeham; 2014-02-19 at 10:47 PM.

Well I hope they can make the bounce IDLE Animation a bit less silly, its more the faceanimation there that look a bit silly imho.
    But then, nightelf females got at least the flip jump!
    Last edited by Hellspawn; 2014-02-19 at 10:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a couple of the NE female faces that I think match their artwork very well, but I think Blizzard will do a good job in that respect, if the models so far are any indication.

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe you gave Thaladhrun's earlier post the same treatment, perhaps unintentionally!

Besides, it's been something used as an excuse by many players across numerous threads recently whenever someone offers feedback. Even when Blizzard themselves explicitly ask for it. There's also quite a lot of players who have absolutely no interest in PvP or PvE related activities and instead prefer RP, achievement hunting, pet battles and all sorts of cosmetic related updates instead. Additional options for character animations could easily tie in with all that.
    No I didn't. I just think using that old statement that Blizzard made against them every time is passive aggressive. It's really not cool to see people use that against them as if it's ammo.

Warrior-Magi

The thing with the animations though is even if they make slight modifications to the idle animations, players are going to get in a tizzy over it. The only thing they can really do is make the existing weird animations slightly better.

Here's a video of the Dwarf idle animations, it's the same just updated. At the 1:25 mark.

You just lost The Game

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    my main dislike mostly stems from the harsh rules and regulations they placed on the highbourne rebels who fought alongside them and the way they treated illidan.

also the way they treated things like the druid of the pack and other night elves who tried to be different from the strict tradition.

night elves come off as very "its my way or its no way and if you dont like it to bad because i know better" until something comes along and ends up smacking them in the face and they are forced to adapt or live with it.
    Well that's your traditional Elf society really.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    If arcane energy is inherently corupted in its nature is debatable. Archimonde stated while destroying Dalaran that kirin tor mages were arrogant in using legion's magic(arcane). Arcane is the only magic that will corrupt your soul if using without control. Demons also feed on arcane.

Druidism or Shamanism won't do anything to you physically. They are just there for people to use. It could not turn people into nature addict or something like that.
    TBH I feel like arcane used to be a corruptive magic in early WoW lore but fel magic eventually took its place. Nowadays we think nothing of player characters using Arcane magic like it's going out of fashion, and nobody suspects Jaina is going to go mad with power.

Well, not because of Arcane corruption anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Zomp View Post
    I really want to know what those black things on my priests face are. :/ Make up? Scars? Rotting eye fluid?
    And are the yellowish lumps on some faces boils or something?

Ew.

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Speaking of cannibalize, their new animations are probably going to involve some higher-def tearing and chewing.... I can't wait!
    Haha, I dunno if they'll update the cannibalise animation. All these years and the standard eating animation is still me punching myself in the face with a yellow soccer ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaladhrun View Post
    I do think NE would be an excellent vehicle for a HE subrace, as it allows Blizzard to bring in what is a widely demanded and prominent (in terms of faction engagement and representation) race without having to sacrifice a race slot for them.
    Mmm, I don't think it makes any sense to reskin a Night Elf to a High Elf.

IMO they will either make High Elves a full race, or not make them at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.