Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    I thought it would be obvious. Shan-do illidan is exactly the same as normal illidan except that he is covered in feathers, fur and just has a nature theme to his powers.

Its not a problem they named him illidan because its suppose to be illidan with the same exact abilities. But this is Nature Illidan , just like you might have the Lich King Fire edition.
    It is a problem, especially in games like this. You can't name the champion "Illidan" anything but Illidan regardless of the skin. Why? Because if someone is strategizing against Illidan, but proceeds to fight a skin named "Malfurion" that's a major problem. Why? Because there is ALSO a champion named "Malfurion" in game, which is a completely different champion with different abilities.

The strategies against the two champions are MAJORLY DIFFERENT. If you try to strategize against Malfurion when in truth it's just a skin for Illidan, you're gonna have a bad time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    If a building's about to collapse, you can debate whether it's better to demolish it or repair it, and you can make political-agenda arguments either way. Disputing gravity itself to claim it won't fall down is not a political position, it's just ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    It is a problem, especially in games like this. You can't name the champion "Illidan" anything but Illidan regardless of the skin. Why? Because if someone is strategizing against Illidan, but proceeds to fight a skin named "Malfurion" that's a major problem. Why? Because there is ALSO a champion named "Malfurion" in game, which is a completely different champion with different abilities.

The strategies against the two champions are MAJORLY DIFFERENT. If you try to strategize against Malfurion when in truth it's just a skin for Illidan, you're gonna have a bad time.
    when you see the person ingame you wouldnt see "malfurion demon hunter" above their head, you would just see their name...

they look nothing alike, if you would confuse this skin with the malfurion hero then you need some damn glasses
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

The Unstoppable Force Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    My analysis of this is.

It's Illidan if he went to be a Druid. He still has Demon Hunter abilities but it's Druidified(Going by the pictures) and most likely Malfurion's *Illidan skin* if they go there that is.
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! My Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Aeluron Big fanboy of Yrel now. Love her now

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    no it doesnt, because they look nothing alike other than both being druids.

illidans face is triangular and has his trademark smirk.

malfurians face is more square and has a frown.

"doesnt have druid abilities"

is a dumb reason to try and say its malfurion. its a SKIN! its not a different character. its there to make people look different. not to give them a new playstyle for blizzard to balance the game around
    I'm starting to think YOU don't know how skins work. I'm gonna break it down for you.

Skins allow you to change the appearance of a character, or give them a situation which normally would not be possible. In the case of Illidan as a Druid, Illidan WOULD NOT KNOW ANY DEMON HUNTER ABILITIES as a Druid. Because he didn't follow the path of a Demon Hunter. This skin was created with the idea that Illidan became the Druid, and Malfurion became the Demon Hunter.

If Illidan wasn't specifically using non-druid abilities, you'd have a point. Hell, maybe they'll even give them their own unique effect so that it fits! (See: Scorched Earth Xerath; Normally uses Lightning skills, but in this skin, all spells are changed to Fire) Then you'd have a point. But for now, all we know is: It looks like Malfurion, (Has a beard covering the sideburns and chin, preventing you from seeing the shape of the face; Coincidentally, Malfurion has the beard in the family, and the skin is frowning, so I don't know what you're trying to prove with those statements) uses Demon Hunter abilities and it talks about Malfurion in the description. NOT Illidan.

It makes more sense that it would be Malfurion the Demon Hunter, called Illidan only because it's a skin for the Demon Hunter which happens to be named Illidan. (Which is a stupid call to begin with.)
    If a building's about to collapse, you can debate whether it's better to demolish it or repair it, and you can make political-agenda arguments either way. Disputing gravity itself to claim it won't fall down is not a political position, it's just ignorance.

I'm starting to think YOU don't know how skins work. I'm gonna break it down for you.
    abilities have nothing to do with skins.

the horse mount runs just as fast as the thunder lizard mount ER MAH GERD IT MUST NOT BEH A HORSE @_@
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

abilities have nothing to do with skins.

the horse mount runs just as fast as the thunder lizard mount ER MAH GERD IT MUST NOT BEH A HORSE @_@
    ... Or horses are just as fast as thunder lizards.

Druids aren't the same as Demon Hunters, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    WC4 plissss
    What do we want?

WC4!

When do we want it?

Now! Or... At least at some point in the hopefully not too distant future, take your time Blizz, don't screw it up.
    Last edited by Iconja; 2014-02-27 at 08:54 PM.
    ''The man who tells the tale is the one who decides history, he tells it wrong, and you have nothing more than a pretty story, he tells it right, and you have a legacy, you want a story told right, you ask someone who helped make it happen...''

... Or horses are just as fast as thunder lizards.

Druids aren't the same as Demon Hunters, though.
    its a SKIN.

the whole point of skins is that they DONT effect gameplay.

thats their POINT. you buy a skin so you can change what you look like without having to learn a new character.

this is ILLIDAN.

its a SKIN.

the whole point of skins is that they DONT effect gameplay.

thats their POINT. you buy a skin so you can change what you look like without having to learn a new character.

this is ILLIDAN.
    Or it's MALFURION. It still doesn't affect gameplay, it just ALSO MAKES SENSE, unlike your description.

Or it's MALFURION. It still doesn't affect gameplay, it just ALSO MAKES SENSE, unlike your description.
    then why dont they call if malfurion? why doesnt it look anything like malfurion? why does it look EXACTLY like illidan only with antlers and druid clothes? why does it say illidan became a druid in the description? if this is malfurion why is he dressed like a druid instead of a demon hunter?

BECAUSE ITS NOT MALFURION.

then why dont they call if malfurion? why doesnt it look anything like malfurion? why does it look EXACTLY like illidan only with antlers and druid clothes? why does it say illidan became a druid in the description? if this is malfurion why is he dressed like a druid instead of a demon hunter?

BECAUSE ITS NOT MALFURION.
    It DOES look like Malfurion. It looks more like Malfurion than it does Illidan. It actually doesn't talk about Illidan becoming a Druid. Read it again.

Stormrage was born with amber eyes; a sign of great destiny... But the more he learned from the Forest Lord Cenarius, the more distant his brother grew. Still, none expected Malfurion's betrayal.
    Illidan is not mentioned once. Remember, both Malfurion and Illidan have the last name Stormrage. (And if I remember right, both have golden eyes.) It is IMPLIED that he is learning from Forest Lord Cenarius. The only people mentioned are Cenarius (Who is a centaur, so this is not him.) and Malfurion, who it mentions betrayed his people.

It looks nature-y (Not like a druid, just nature-y) because regardless of what he chose to do, Malfurion had a strong connection to Nature, which Illidan never had. Malfurion could easily make his weaponry out of Nature if he so chose. That doesn't change his betrayal. If it's a Druid, why doesn't it know any Druid abilities?

BECAUSE IT'S NOT DRUID ILLIDAN.
    Last edited by Fleugen; 2014-02-27 at 09:07 PM.

you need some fucking glasses

you need some fucking glasses
    Funny enough, I'm wearing them. Where's yours?

Funny enough, I'm wearing them. Where's yours?
    then you clearly have never seen illidan in your entire life

How about the subject is dropped or moved to another thread. HotS skins were only tangentially related here anyway.
    ( ; , , ; )

anyone who can properly see can tell that these are entirely different people with entirely different facial features.

growing up differently doesnt change the way your face shapes. if malfurion decided to become a demon hunter he wouldnt suddenly turn into an illidan clone with antlers.

then you clearly have never seen illidan in your entire life
    Yes, I have. And he doesn't look bulky like in the Shan'do Illidan skin you keep trying to push. You keep saying the face looks different, but there is no difference in the face. You keep saying it doesn't look like Malfurion, when it truth it looks just like him. Repeating yourself proves no points.

How about the subject is dropped or moved to another thread. HotS skins were only tangentially related here anyway.
    Indeed. The Sub-races linked in this thread all look wonderful, except the Mecha-gnome. And that only looks a little weird because it's using an updated gnome model with photoshopped old-model mecha-gnome parts. With updated mecha-gnome parts, that would likely look awesome as well.

when they show the malfurion betrayer skin and he looks like a demon hunter but still uses druid abilities your gonna look like a huge idiot

- - - Updated - - -

same exact body and face just wearing a shirt

when they show the malfurion betrayer skin and he looks like a demon hunter but still uses druid abilities your gonna look like a huge idiot

same exact body and face just wearing a shirt
    Wow. You really do need glasses.

I await with bated breath for your apology when it happens. Now stay on topic as asked.