Page 9 of 143 FirstFirst ...
7
8
9
10
11
19
59
109
... LastLast
  1. #161
    Herald of the Titans shoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    2,797
    Quote Originally Posted by Klaxxar View Post
    Could you do a Tauren with the tattoos and make him a nobler Tauren than Grimtotem. I always want my Tauren with some kickass tattoos and being a noble guy and what not. :P
    Maybe when we get more previews, the T-Pose is kinda lame lol


    Next up when more get released, I'll probably make

    Half-Elf Human, Vrykul Human (Not giants but more viking like), Half Human/Orc, Half Dranei/Orc
    Tattooed Night Elves/Demon Hunters/Highborn
    Troll Variations
    Female Orc Variants
    Last edited by shoc; 2013-12-10 at 02:06 AM.
    Shrek is love, Shrek is life.

  2. #162
    Half elf would be interesting, Blizzard's never made a model for that.

    Human/Orc would look like classic Garona, Draenei/Orc modern Garona?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gyyn View Post
    Garrosh was made using the new orc model, not the other way around. From what they've told us, work on the new trolls has barely even begun. They'll look significantly different from Vol'jin.
    Actually I'm not so sure about that. Garrosh does not use the new Orc model, hard to tell how much cross pollination there was between the new Orc model team and the Garrosh design team.

    Quote Originally Posted by Alteiry View Post
    The skull mask is iconic for Ner'zhul and has been since WC2, so it's possible that minigun-toting orc is part of Ner'zhul's Shadowmoon Clan.
    Yeah I'm assuming it's Shadowmoon Clan as well. Which would mean every clan copies its Warchief - Deadeye, Bladefist, Skullface...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    WTB Unique Baine and fatty Gallywix
    Yeah Gallywix must have the biggest ingame to out of game depiction difference of any character since Vanilla.

    Ever really.

  3. #163
    Herald of the Titans Ihnasir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,567
    Holy shit, awesome job dude, love it!

  4. #164
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Half elf would be interesting, Blizzard's never made a model for that.
    kalecs model is a half elf.

    assuming theres no dragon exclusive stuff half elves are a bit taller than humans, have slightly pointy ears, glowy eyes, and weird hair colours.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  5. #165
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    kalecs model is a half elf.

    assuming theres no dragon exclusive stuff half elves are a bit taller than humans, have slightly pointy ears, glowy eyes, and weird hair colours.
    Isn't that just a slightly modified human model?

    Arator is supposed to be a half-elf as well, he uses a Blood Elf model.

  6. #166
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Isn't that just a slightly modified human model?

    Arator is supposed to be a half-elf as well, he uses a Blood Elf model.
    yeah but its still a unique model so its the best thing to base our expectations on
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  7. #167
    Pit Lord Klaxxar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,356
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Maybe when we get more previews, the T-Pose is kinda lame lol


    Next up when more get released, I'll probably make

    Half-Elf Human, Vrykul Human (Not giants but more viking like), Half Human/Orc, Half Dranei/Orc
    Tattooed Night Elves/Demon Hunters/Highborn
    Troll Variations
    Female Orc Variants
    AWWWWW YEAH...

    I was hoping for a Fel Orc. :P
    Already kinda have the green, black, grey, orcs and not a red orc, or Fel Orc Female. :P
    PM me for my Friend Code, Battletag, ETC...

  8. #168
    Herald of the Titans shoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    2,797
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Isn't that just a slightly modified human model?

    Arator is supposed to be a half-elf as well, he uses a Blood Elf model.
    I don't see why a half-elf can't just be a human model with elven features, or vice versa. It's just a matter of skin color/ears/eyes really. We already have Blood Elf hairstyles for Humans anyways.

    Quote Originally Posted by Klaxxar View Post
    AWWWWW YEAH...

    I was hoping for a Fel Orc. :P
    Already kinda have the green, black, grey, orcs and not a red orc, or Fel Orc Female. :P
    I already made 2 fel orcs! But female fel-orcs are a definite yes.
    Shrek is love, Shrek is life.

  9. #169
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    yeah but its still a unique model so its the best thing to base our expectations on
    I wonder if they specifically made that face for him or if it was one of those beta skins you rarely see them use.

    Any way to see if he has pointy ears?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    I don't see why a half-elf can't just be a human model with elven features, or vice versa. It's just a matter of skin color/ears/eyes really. We already have Blood Elf hairstyles for Humans anyways.
    I was just saying it's not really a unique model. It actually doesn't look elven to me at all.

  10. #170
    Pit Lord Klaxxar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,356
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    I already made 2 fel orcs! But female fel-orcs are a definite yes.
    We had manly corrupted MALE Fel Orcs and no females yet?
    WHY?

    Oh and shoc I love you for doing this, and any chance to do another Gnome or two request?

    Sand Gnome;
    http://wowpedia.org/Sand_Gnome

    Undead Gnome;
    http://wowpedia.org/Gnome_%28undead%29
    PM me for my Friend Code, Battletag, ETC...

  11. #171
    Herald of the Titans shoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    2,797
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post


    I was just saying it's not really a unique model. It actually doesn't look elven to me at all.

    Yeah, Arator just looks like an ordinary high elf and Kalec's Half-Elf form is pretty much indistinguishable from a regular human.
    Shrek is love, Shrek is life.

  12. #172
    Bloodsail Admiral Sageofthe10paths's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Vineland, NJ
    Posts
    1,223
    Do an undead troll! Great job btw! I hope they really do this!

  13. #173
    Herald of the Titans shoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    2,797
    Quote Originally Posted by Klaxxar View Post
    We had manly corrupted MALE Fel Orcs and no females yet?
    WHY?

    Oh and shoc I love you for doing this, and any chance to do another Gnome or two request?

    Sand Gnome;
    http://wowpedia.org/Sand_Gnome

    Undead Gnome;
    http://wowpedia.org/Gnome_%28undead%29
    Whats the difference with Sand Gnome? And Maybe I'll scrap together a zombie gnome after I write my exam tomorrow.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sageofthe10paths View Post
    Do an undead troll! Great job btw! I hope they really do this!

    When new preview are out (:
    Shrek is love, Shrek is life.

  14. #174
    his ears are actually covered by his hair :P






    i dont think theres even artwork officially where you can see how big his ears are O-O

    maybe blizzard hasnt decided how long half elf ears should be and dont want us to see them

    - - - Updated - - -

    either way half elves dont look that different from humans.

    its just a couple subtle differences mostly like hair colour, eye glow/colour and ear pointyness

    although when you get down to it you could say the same about high/blood elves.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  15. #175
    Herald of the Titans shoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    2,797
    I feel like most of these things are tiny, minor details that wouldn't affect the lore or gameplay very much and would do wonders in making your character really unique from the rest of the pack. It's hard to be unique in WoW right now when everyone has the same features and same background, and simply offering more textures, not even models, would go far in making players feel more attached to their characters. Obviously Mecha/Leper Gnomes and Fel Orcs don't really have a place as player textures but lore wise the rest make perfect sense.
    Shrek is love, Shrek is life.

  16. #176
    Bloodsail Admiral Master Jinora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in the Badlands
    Posts
    1,176
    Wildhammer please, please, please!
    "Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind."
    — Zaheer

  17. #177
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    I feel like most of these things are tiny, minor details that wouldn't affect the lore or gameplay very much and would do wonders in making your character really unique from the rest of the pack. It's hard to be unique in WoW right now when everyone has the same features and same background, and simply offering more textures, not even models, would go far in making players feel more attached to their characters. Obviously Mecha/Leper Gnomes and Fel Orcs don't really have a place as player textures but lore wise the rest make perfect sense.
    i think the main thing is just how they implement things like this.

    if they just put it on the character creation screen people will bitch that you basically have to pay to get them, and they cant really put skins on the barbershop they said a cool questline would be a good way to introduce them but idk.

    maybe they can have a quest similar to how death knights were originally going to be obtainable and have your character die and some other subrace/skin/whatever takes your gear and place and if its a questline is there a way to turn it off afterwards like green fire?

    idk its complicated. maybe make the quest repeatable so you have to do it over again if you want to switch back
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  18. #178
    Herald of the Titans shoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    2,797
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i think the main thing is just how they implement things like this.

    if they just put it on the character creation screen people will bitch that you basically have to pay to get them, and they cant really put skins on the barbershop they said a cool questline would be a good way to introduce them but idk.

    maybe they can have a quest similar to how death knights were originally going to be obtainable and have your character die and some other subrace/skin/whatever takes your gear and place and if its a questline is there a way to turn it off afterwards like green fire?

    idk its complicated. maybe make the quest repeatable so you have to do it over again if you want to switch back
    I don't think it's going to be possible without a paid character recreation; it wouldn't really make sense to race-swap randomly 5 years in lol. A one time customization option might work well but it would make the most sense if skin colour was static from creation.
    Shrek is love, Shrek is life.

  19. #179
    Pit Lord Klaxxar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,356
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Whats the difference with Sand Gnome? And Maybe I'll scrap together a zombie gnome after I write my exam tomorrow.
    Well the Gnomes are found in the Bone Wastes in Outland and more primitive?
    Look at the WoWPedia link I provived.
    PM me for my Friend Code, Battletag, ETC...

  20. #180
    Herald of the Titans shoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    2,797
    Quote Originally Posted by Klaxxar View Post
    Well the Gnomes are found in the Bone Wastes in Outland and more primitive?
    Look at the WoWPedia link I provived.
    They don't look any different from normal gnomes, just dressed up >_> lol
    Shrek is love, Shrek is life.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •