1. #1801
    DUDE, they look awesome!

  2. #1802
    Hey, first of all I love the detail and effort you have put into the sub races, I really hope blizzard take a look at those and take note. Though I am horde, both male and female dwarves look amazing! Anyways the other reason I am here is to ask if you have ever considered some ideas that me as a druid and I'm sure other druids, would love. The ability to further customize our forms, which is something I have always wanted since starting in late vanilla. The feature is already somewhat there via hair colours, but I mean other things such as maybe some armor, race specific customization, more fur types, etc. Basically more individuality for druids like we do our characters, though I love my troll druid, I would love to customize her forms a lot more. Have you ever worked with druid forms before or had any ideas? I would love to see what you could do with them after looking at your work!

  3. #1803
    Herald of the Titans shoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    2,619
    Quote Originally Posted by Serelean View Post
    Hey, first of all I love the detail and effort you have put into the sub races, I really hope blizzard take a look at those and take note. Though I am horde, both male and female dwarves look amazing! Anyways the other reason I am here is to ask if you have ever considered some ideas that me as a druid and I'm sure other druids, would love. The ability to further customize our forms, which is something I have always wanted since starting in late vanilla. The feature is already somewhat there via hair colours, but I mean other things such as maybe some armor, race specific customization, more fur types, etc. Basically more individuality for druids like we do our characters, though I love my troll druid, I would love to customize her forms a lot more. Have you ever worked with druid forms before or had any ideas? I would love to see what you could do with them after looking at your work!

    I've never dabbled with the druid forms but I'm sure I could give it a shot, what do you have in mind?
    Shrek is love, Shrek is life.

  4. #1804
    Pit Lord Zathrendar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The land of eternal grey
    Posts
    2,438
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Sub-races are definitely on the plate as far as 'things-to-come' are concerned. In my mind, sub-races are no different than customization themes, so there are parallels even though not all are particularly proper sub-races. Some may just be sub-factions. After all, all we really want is additional customization options, be it tattoos, skin colours, and hair styles.

    Human: Azotha (Vrykul Themed), Dalaran (Wizard Features)
    Dwarf: Wildhammer, Dark Iron
    Gnome: Mechagnome, sane Leper Gnomes
    Night Elf: Shan'do (Leafy Hair, Antlers), Illidari (Tattoos, Green Eyes)
    Draenei: Auchenai (Void Themed), Broken (would require different model), Man'ari (requires massive lorebending)
    Worgen: Northrend Polar Worgen, Night Elf Worgen
    ---
    Orc: Mag'har, Blackrock
    Undead: High Elf, Wretched (Blood Elf)
    Tauren: Grimtotem, Taunka (Force no helm)
    Troll: Forest, Sand, Frost
    Blood Elf: San'layn (Forsaken), Felblood (lorebending)
    Goblin: Gilgoblin, Zombgoblin


    These would bring an entire layer of uniqueness to individual characters, and uniqueness in an MMO where everyone is an identical god-slaying hero is key. Jut imagine, a Leper Gnome Warlock, a Polar Worgen Death Knight, an Illidari Rogue, Mag'har Warrior, the possibilities are endless.
    Agree with most of these, just gimme my damn High elves too. >.< Regarding the NE, you could wrap the Illidari and the Highborne into one.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

  5. #1805
    Herald of the Titans shoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    2,619
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaladhrun View Post
    Agree with most of these, just gimme my damn High elves too. >.< Regarding the NE, you could wrap the Illidari and the Highborne into one.
    Illidari is more of a customization style as it is a sub-race, it would encompass the cool Fel-Tattoos, Eye Wraps, and Steven Seagal pony tail hair styles. Highborne would be more like Azshara pre-sundering, with glowing skin, shiny silver hair, while Shan'do would be more like the Shan'do Illidan skin from HoTS, with the leafy green beards and antlers.

    High Elves would have to be a race of their own with unique models.



    While they would still be Thalassian Elves they would have to be given a unique model identity like all the other playable races.
    Shrek is love, Shrek is life.

  6. #1806
    Pit Lord Zathrendar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The land of eternal grey
    Posts
    2,438
    Well lets put it this way - if they are unwilling to introduce them as a race, I would like to see them as a subrace. Yig has a nice mockup he keeps posting for the male HE, based on the SMC guard.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

  7. #1807
    I can't really think of a lot off the top of my head but just as a first example, troll druid cat form could maybe have more piercings, different hairstyles (though nothing silly like pigtails rofl), stripe variations, different tusks, more colours, maybe some tribal paintings or armor, etc. Together with the textures that are on level with the new models.

  8. #1808
    i think were unlikely to get high elves as a full race. its clear blizzard knows a ton of people want them though so were bound to get in them in some shape or form at some point.

    i personally dont care how we get them.

    full race? awesome
    sub race? awesome
    blue eyed blood elves to save time? awesome
    slight model change (new models have similar facial structure, maybe high elves get their own unique face bones, for example compare thralls face to a player orc, both look like orcs but thralls is easy to point out)
    different pose?
    different body build?

    look at the end of the day i dont care as long as i get to be a high elf, on the alliance, and i get to be awesome.

    its basically like the pandaren, ive wanted these guys for so long i wouldve taken a furbolg painted black and white and wouldve been happy
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  9. #1809
    Herald of the Titans shoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    2,619
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i think were unlikely to get high elves as a full race. its clear blizzard knows a ton of people want them though so were bound to get in them in some shape or form at some point.

    i personally dont care how we get them.

    full race? awesome
    sub race? awesome
    blue eyed blood elves to save time? awesome
    slight model change (new models have similar facial structure, maybe high elves get their own unique face bones, for example compare thralls face to a player orc, both look like orcs but thralls is easy to point out)
    different pose?
    different body build?

    look at the end of the day i dont care as long as i get to be a high elf, on the alliance, and i get to be awesome.

    its basically like the pandaren, ive wanted these guys for so long i wouldve taken a furbolg painted black and white and wouldve been happy
    I think it will happen eventually, it's pretty much a split 50/50 of people who have been asking for High Elves for the Alliance and Ogres for the Horde so I'm sure it is just a matter of time before they become playable in the future. Blizz mentioned that they didn't like the concept of neutral races so the next round of races will most definitely be normal. We'll probably get 2 new races next expansion, then a class, then 2 new races, until it's time to revamp the models again
    Shrek is love, Shrek is life.

  10. #1810
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    There are 2 paths that WoW could follow in the coming years, the first being the continuation of the downward trend that it's been following since 2011, or, based on the recent 200k subscriber increase, we could see a stabilization around WoW's current population. I think the bolstering of the Blizzard store is indicative of their forecasting and preparing for the former, though I would love to see WoW sit at a healthy 8mil population for the years to come.
    IMO since the store has nothing but cosmetic stuff on it it's not an issue, if they need the shop to keep the WoW servers up that's fine by me. If you don't like it don't buy anything.

    Quote Originally Posted by BiruWW View Post
    Don't have it on me atm, but it's definitely somewhere on MMO-champ, it was like a couple months after they released the helms. I'll go search, be back in a bit.

    - - - Updated - - -

    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...-Arena-DLC-404

    That was not worth it, but I found it lol. It doesn't say they're definitely not adding anymore cosmetic stuff to the store, but it isn't likely.
    Hmm, think I missed that one too.

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    probably too much backlash
    About mog helms? LOL? More likely they just thought twice about it internally.

    Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    If you dont think red skinned fel elves dont exist, please visit Magister's terrance, or the demon zone at the top of hellfire peninsula.
    Hmm, I totally forgot there are red Felbloods. I stand corrected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

  11. #1811
    The Unstoppable Force Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    23,244
    They exist but it's more likely the amount is probably all gone.
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...htsongg/simple https://twitter.com/Aeluron1989

  12. #1812
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaladhrun View Post
    Well lets put it this way - if they are unwilling to introduce them as a race, I would like to see them as a subrace. Yig has a nice mockup he keeps posting for the male HE, based on the SMC guard.
    I feel the opposite, if they don't want to make them a proper race they shouldn't be a subrace. Making them a model swapped Night Elf or a Blood Elf (ie Horde) with a different eye colour would be just plain silly.

    IMO either make "High Elf" a cross faction race like Pandaren (which alters eye colour, also Alliance High Elves need a starting zone) or just never make them playable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

  13. #1813
    Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    Not if you cant Mog it

    There are TONS of cool things in the game that you cant use anywhere relevant.

    Rose in your mouth, gas mask. Simian sphere. Twill hat.

    I'd love to be able to use the stuff i get in public without it being a giant sign that says "I'm not getting stats from 3 pieces of gear. FF me first cus i'll go down like a wet noodle"

    - - - Updated - - -



    No

    THe reason why the "raid tier" thing is relevant is because 1 EXPANSION AGO Blizzard received heavy criticism for neglecting the end game. and that is because their dungeon, art team, quest team, lore team AND programmers where busy with the lower level zones..
    No. Bullshit, IT WAS A FIGURE OF SPEECH that is simply selective judgement and one circumstantial aspect of this issue and WAS NOT the intended incentive specifically behind the remark now being touted at this banner.

    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...7808?page=2#21

    A few sample posts clarifying that figure of speech, because of the contextually challenged legions this community is comprised of.
    Evolve, and not biologically. As a figure of speech. Evolution is not a ladder in biological natural selection, but as a figure of speech as metaphorically used in context, it does however represent a ladder of improvement. See how circumstances alter the context of a thing which is said?

    It's just a handy reference to explain the level of resources required to do some of the things that might be requested. As has been evidenced by this thread, it seems that when we say that, it can (amazingly) be misconstrued.

    I know it's easy to envision Blizzard as a mysterious Willy Wonka-esque magic factory where unfathomable entities craft limitless wonders. As cool (disturbing?) as it would be if we had a bunch of orange-skinned green haired gnomes running around to do our bidding, we don't (but we're working on it). In the meantime, there are real people working long hours with mouse, keyboard, and tablet to bring those wonders to life. It's hard work, and it's held up to an exacting standard.

    The long and the short of it is that when we say that, we're not necessarily literally saying that "It's this or a raid tier". It's just shorthand for the amount of resources it might require to accomplish something. It's more like: 'this' or 'more content elsewhere in the game'. Some of you mentioned that you want 5-mans. Well, then the question becomes: Do you want a set of Garrison buildings for one new race or a 5-man? Or a new questing zone? Or new creatures, items, and gear? Or, indeed, a raid tier? So on and so forth.

    It's merely an expression of equivalent effort to get across a point that no matter how many creative people we have working, we are always only be able to accomplish so much with those specific resources in a specific amount of time. And that means we have to prioritize what we do. We have to know when to call a project done, and move on to something else, and when to delay an 'Oh, that would be cool if' for later. Feature creep is a real thing, and it can cause an entire project to end up on the cutting room floor.
    Posted by Jatarri
    I would think with the 10's of millions of dollars Blizzard brings in every month, you could maybe hire a larger development staff to actually work on things we have been complaining about for years. Not fixing things, but throwing a bandaid on them with a promise that they will be fixed later and never are.


    Oh, I've never thought of it that way before.

    ಠ_ಠ

    It's merely an expression of equivalent effort to get across a point that no matter how many creative people we have working, we are always only be able to accomplish so much with those specific resources in a specific amount of time. And that means we have to prioritize what we do. We have to know when to call a project done, and move on to something else, and when to delay an 'Oh, that would be cool if' for later. Feature creep is a real thing, and it can cause an entire project to end up on the cutting room floor.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

  14. #1814
    Pit Lord Zathrendar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The land of eternal grey
    Posts
    2,438
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I feel the opposite, if they don't want to make them a proper race they shouldn't be a subrace. Making them a model swapped Night Elf or a Blood Elf (ie Horde) with a different eye colour would be just plain silly.
    Horde would be silly but in the end, for NE, a slot is just a slot, isn't it?
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

  15. #1815
    Brewmaster Alanar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Close to you..
    Posts
    1,411
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Illidari is more of a customization style as it is a sub-race, it would encompass the cool Fel-Tattoos, Eye Wraps, and Steven Seagal pony tail hair styles. Highborne would be more like Azshara pre-sundering, with glowing skin, shiny silver hair, while Shan'do would be more like the Shan'do Illidan skin from HoTS, with the leafy green beards and antlers.

    High Elves would have to be a race of their own with unique models.



    While they would still be Thalassian Elves they would have to be given a unique model identity like all the other playable races.
    uhm, yea except for the the fact that these models you show as pictures are a disadvantage for your argument to make high elves playable for obvious reasons.

    High Elves would never be a race on their own.


  16. #1816
    Herald of the Titans shoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    2,619
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    uhm, yea except for the the fact that these models you show as pictures are a disadvantage for your argument to make high elves playable for obvious reasons.

    High Elves would never be a race on their own.
    My argument towards High Elves are that they are not fit for a sub-race of any Alliance race, if they are to be added, they should be an entire race of their own. Since they share a visual identity with Blood Elves, they should be given their own visual identity with a new model, similar to Blood Elves but with slightly different models, stances and animations.
    Shrek is love, Shrek is life.

  17. #1817
    Pit Lord Zathrendar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The land of eternal grey
    Posts
    2,438
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    uhm, yea except for the the fact that these models you show as pictures are a disadvantage for your argument to make high elves playable for obvious reasons.

    High Elves would never be a race on their own.
    This is little more than guesswork.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

  18. #1818
    Oompa Loompa gnome sub race capital racial willy wonka factory

  19. #1819
    The Unstoppable Force Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    23,244
    High Elf Race is everything.
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...htsongg/simple https://twitter.com/Aeluron1989

  20. #1820
    Brewmaster Alanar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Close to you..
    Posts
    1,411
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaladhrun View Post
    This is little more than guesswork.
    Its called beating a dead horse.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •