Page 10 of 147 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Half elf would be interesting, Blizzard's never made a model for that.

Human/Orc would look like classic Garona, Draenei/Orc modern Garona?

Actually I'm not so sure about that. Garrosh does not use the new Orc model, hard to tell how much cross pollination there was between the new Orc model team and the Garrosh design team.

Yeah I'm assuming it's Shadowmoon Clan as well. Which would mean every clan copies its Warchief - Deadeye, Bladefist, Skullface...

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah Gallywix must have the biggest ingame to out of game depiction difference of any character since Vanilla.

Ever really.
    Huh? Yeah, he does use the model. Look at all his animations on the WoWhead modelviewer. They match up with all the screenshots and video previews we see at Blizzcon. Garrosh is to the new Orc model as Varian is to the old human model. It's a custom remodel of the new skeleton. Also saying that the new Vol'jin model is what the new troll models will look like, is just like saying that the new orc models would look like cataclysm Thrall or Garrosh before they were released. Vol'jin is a remodel of the old Troll skeleton. I'm confident it'll look trash compared to the new model when it comes to its motion and limbs.

Edit: http://www.wowhead.com/npc=71865 . Click view in 3D and check out all the animations. They match up. Garrosh is the new orc model.
    Last edited by Tylaeus; 2013-12-10 at 04:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    But the new Vol'jin model is still somewhat true to the original troll model. I don't think anyone really expected the new Orc models to be standing upright just because Thrall was. Also, Garrosh's model might be different from the Orc player model, but his facial bones and animations are the same as the player model.
    I don't think you get what I was saying. All I'm trying to say is that you shouldn't expect "Vol'jin" from the new troll models. And I wasn't talking about how Thrall had a straight back, just that he was "higher resolution" of the same orc model.. The expectation is at least 10x better than Vol'jin, in all aspects.

Quote Originally Posted by Gyyn View Post
    I don't think you get what I was saying. All I'm trying to say is that you shouldn't expect "Vol'jin" from the new troll models. And I wasn't talking about how Thrall had a straight back, just that he was "higher resolution" of the same orc model.. The expectation is at last 10x better than Vol'jin, in all aspects.
    Yeah I misread your post, my bad >_>
    You just lost The Game

10+ Year Old Account
    If more models are revealed are you doing more of them shoc?
    For the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by Klaxxar View Post
    If more models are revealed are you doing more of them shoc?
    Of course! I'm done for now but once a few more models are revealed I'll shop up a bunch more subraces (: I want to do at least 1 or 2 per race and gender
    You just lost The Game

Amazing!

/10chars

Oh God that HUMAN. WHY.

I NOW KNOW WHAT NIGHTMARES ARE MADE OF.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Most of these make no sense what so ever. Fel orcs? Leper gnomes? No, no and no.

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    Most of these make no sense what so ever. Fel orcs? Leper gnomes? No, no and no.
    A few of them aren't for player models, rather just speculation as to what they might look like after the update.
    You just lost The Game

Only fel orcs don't make any sense. Leper gnomes could still become allied to one or the other faction. In fact, the forsaken have a few leper gnomes walking about.

15+ Year Old Account
    You realize most of the NPCs we see in game that are humanoid are based on player models, yes? Meaning they'll be getting upgrades with the new models as well, most likely.
    Looking for Raid: you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. Come - we must be cautious.

that leper gnome looks creepy

That human is horrifying.
    http://samaramon.co/
    My transmog & misc. blog!

Quote Originally Posted by Samaramon View Post
    That human is horrifying.
    Lets hope the real human models don't look anywhere as terrifying as wax museum Danny Trejo lol
    You just lost The Game

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Mmm, I'll be very happy if we get something like that but the Orc model was build from the ground up and has only superficial similarities with the Garrosh model. We'll see I guess.
    Well, the new Orc player model has exactly the same face as Garrosh though. Well, except for the different colour and not having a nose ring and tusk rings, etc. Pay close attention to the eyebrows and forehead wrinkles, it's just a copy/paste of Garrosh' face.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    Vol'jin model not so much since is unique to him but the female troll maybe(looks so badass >_<)
    They're both unique models. Just look at the gloves, boots, various accesories, etc. Stripped down from all that extra stuff they could both be the basic model for the Troll player models though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Well, the new Orc player model has exactly the same face as Garrosh though. Well, except for the different colour and not having a nose ring and tusk rings, etc. Pay close attention to the eyebrows and forehead wrinkles, it's just a copy/paste of Garrosh' face.

- - - Updated - - -

They're both unique models. Just look at the gloves, boots, various accesories, etc. Stripped down from all that extra stuff they could both be the basic model for the Troll player models though.
    Yeah Garrosh and the new Orc model share a skeleton, and the face is so identical because of all the work they put into facial animations. As for Vol'jin, I think a lot of people are misunderstanding that skeleton =/= model, and that you can still have a new model overtop of a old skeleton, like Vol'jin currently is, and vice versa. The graphical fidelity of Vol'jin's model and textures are what we are going to see on the troll player models, only with brand new bones and animations. I wouldn't be surprised if they updated Vol'jin's model again after the update to give him the new Troll skeleton.

Hopefully we get enough customization options so that we don't all look like Garrosh, otherwise I'm going to be really disappointed.
    You just lost The Game

Yeah Garrosh and the new Orc model share a skeleton, and the face is so identical because of all the work they put into facial animations. As for Vol'jin, I think a lot of people are misunderstanding that skeleton =/= model, and that you can still have a new model overtop of a old skeleton, like Vol'jin currently is, and vice versa. The graphical fidelity of Vol'jin's model and textures are what we are going to see on the troll player models, only with brand new bones and animations. I wouldn't be surprised if they updated Vol'jin's model again after the update to give him the new Troll skeleton.

Hopefully we get enough customization options so that we don't all look like Garrosh, otherwise I'm going to be really disappointed.
    the only thing is that in the new models theres like a bajillion more bones in the face and other places and the textures and models were made to work with the old skeletons.

they werent made to move like that so they end up looking really weird like how voljins mouth looks in the soo trailer because it wasnt made to stretch and move like that because the old models werent made to actually talk
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

If sub-races do come, only certain races would have them. I mean really, do you expect to see a Leper Gnome(they are known to be mad, even non hostile ones and one is in lot with the Forsaken) running around without a Gnomeregan Covert Ops sniper blowing your head off but hey I guess anything is possible. Sides Mechagnome would be killer to play as and nice mockups btw.

Alliance Horde
    Dwarf-Blackrock and Wildhammer Orc-Maghar and Dragonmaw
    Draenei-Broken Troll-Forest

Something like that, 3 subraces for each faction(May include more)
    Last edited by Melorandor; 2013-12-11 at 02:13 AM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Orcs are really spoiled as far as 'viable' sub-races. Dragonmaw, Blackrock, Mag'har and so many more. The only ones that truly don't make sense are Fel Orcs.

I normally hate Draenei, but if I had the option to be either of their broken 'mutated' models, I'd certainly roll one.

Trolls have the absolute most options in the game, but unfortunately the Horde is comprised of only one type of Troll.

Deleted
    Well, I think Orcs will have some customization options but overall they will all look quite similar to Garrosh still. That's just a result of the facial animations.

And I agree on the Vol'jin model. It made sense to let Garrosh be the blueprint for the new Orc player model since a lot of detail and facial animations went into it. But Vol'jin's model doesn't seem as advanced as Thrall's or Garrosh'. So while I believe he'll be the inspiration for it, I don't think the new Troll player models will look completely the same. And you're right, they might tweak Vol'jin a bit more while they're at it.