Page 49 of 147 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    Holy mother of god shoc, that Azotha looks fantastic! I'd love to see a male version (when they finally show us where they're at with the male models)
    Thanks! I think it retains the characteristics of the female Vrykul pretty well. I'm really looking forward to doing the Male Azotha since there is all the beards and tattoos I can work with.
    You just lost The Game

that's awesome

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Thanks! I think it retains the characteristics of the female Vrykul pretty well. I'm really looking forward to doing the Male Azotha since there is all the beards and tattoos I can work with.
    Lol you can still add a beard to the female... They just might considered Dwarvrd then though.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    At least Blizzard is acknowledging that they've seen how popular this idea is and how much people want it

.....so they'll probably add some Skin-Packs to the In-Game Store
    whether they add it to the blizzstore or force you to pay for a recustomization to use it on your current characters you will still have to pay for it.

unless they just ignore all lore and let you become a brown orc because deus ex machina avatar tree.

tattoos and stuff will probably just be added to the barbershop/have their own barbershop place
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    whether they add it to the blizzstore or force you to pay for a recustomization to use it on your current characters you will still have to pay for it.

unless they just ignore all lore and let you become a brown orc because deus ex machina avatar tree.

tattoos and stuff will probably just be added to the barbershop/have their own barbershop place
    Not necessarily, all it takes for a Mag'har/Blackrock Orc to make sense in the Orc starter zone would be to change the dialogue for the first quest giver. There are Orc's of near every colour in the Horde now, and it doesn't really make sense that only Green Orcs are playable. Heck, the Warchief was a Mag'har and the leader of the Kor'kron was a Blackrock. The same goes for Dwarves, the Wildhammers and Dark Irons are part of the Alliance now, and Moira has shown extreme loyalty to the Alliancec in Blood in the Snow. There are tons of sub-races that make sense in the lore already, and others wouldn't require much more than a few lines of dialogue.

Every race has at least 2 different sub-races. Since all sub-races are simply customization options, some races without proper sub-races can be compensated with cool lore-related customization options.

Human: Half-Elf, Azotha (Vrykul-born)
    Dwarf: Wildhammer, Dark Iron
    Night Elf: Demon Hunter (Green Eyes, Tattoos), Highborne (Radiant skin and hair, golden eyes)
    Gnome: MechaGnomes, Sand Gnomes (Jawas!)
    Draenei: Naaru Blessed (Light Themed, Perm. Naaru Sigil above forehead), Auchenai (Void Themed features)
    Worgen: Wolfcult (Former Grizzly Hills Humans turned by Arugal, Arctic Wolf features), Emerald Worgen (Emerald Dream features)

Orc: Mag'har, Blackrock
    Undead: Forsaken High-Elves (a la Sylvanas), Skeletons (who says you need to have flesh and skin?)
    Tauren: Grimtotem (Black fur, Warpaint), Taunka (White Skin, Flat Faces, Stout Horns)
    Troll: Ice/Sand/Forest Trolls (All leaderless since ToT, Vol'jin's Horde adopts stragglers)
    Blood Elf: Darkfallen (Undead Skin), Felblood (Red Skin, Horns)
    Goblin: Gilgoblin (Aquatic Features, created accidentally by Hobart Grapplehammer, Kaja Addict (Glowing Green Eyes and Tattoos)

All of these sub-races exist within the lore, all it takes for them to be playable are some short descriptions explaining why they are friendly to the Alliance and Horde. There's nothing here that requires a major retcon to be plausible.
    You just lost The Game

You can make pretty much anything work lorewise by tacking <mercenary> or <ambassador> onto their race.

Not necessarily, all it takes for a Mag'har/Blackrock Orc to make sense in the Orc starter zone would be to change the dialogue for the first quest giver. There are Orc's of near every colour in the Horde now, and it doesn't really make sense that only Green Orcs are playable. Heck, the Warchief was a Mag'har and the leader of the Kor'kron was a Blackrock. The same goes for Dwarves, the Wildhammers and Dark Irons are part of the Alliance now, and Moira has shown extreme loyalty to the Alliancec in Blood in the Snow. There are tons of sub-races that make sense in the lore already, and others wouldn't require much more than a few lines of dialogue.

Every race has at least 2 different sub-races. Since all sub-races are simply customization options, some races without proper sub-races can be compensated with cool lore-related customization options.

Human: Half-Elf, Azotha (Vrykul-born)
    Dwarf: Wildhammer, Dark Iron
    Night Elf: Demon Hunter (Green Eyes, Tattoos), Highborne (Radiant skin and hair, golden eyes)
    Gnome: MechaGnomes, Sand Gnomes (Jawas!)
    Draenei: Naaru Blessed (Light Themed, Perm. Naaru Sigil above forehead), Auchenai (Void Themed features)
    Worgen: Wolfcult (Former Grizzly Hills Humans turned by Arugal, Arctic Wolf features), Emerald Worgen (Emerald Dream features)

Orc: Mag'har, Blackrock
    Undead: Forsaken High-Elves (a la Sylvanas), Skeletons (who says you need to have flesh and skin?)
    Tauren: Grimtotem (Black fur, Warpaint), Taunka (White Skin, Flat Faces, Stout Horns)
    Troll: Ice/Sand/Forest Trolls (All leaderless since ToT, Vol'jin's Horde adopts stragglers)
    Blood Elf: Darkfallen (Undead Skin), Felblood (Red Skin, Horns)
    Goblin: Gilgoblin (Aquatic Features, created accidentally by Hobart Grapplehammer, Kaja Addict (Glowing Green Eyes and Tattoos)

All of these sub-races exist within the lore, all it takes for them to be playable are some short descriptions explaining why they are friendly to the Alliance and Horde. There's nothing here that requires a major retcon to be plausible.
    well i meant for your already playable characters. most people will want to play on their mains instead of rerolling so they will have to spend money either way
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    well i meant for your already playable characters. most people will want to play on their mains instead of rerolling so they will have to spend money either way
    I get what you mean now, unfortunately I think sub-race skins becoming purchasable on the store as bonus customization options would be the most likely way to see this implemented. I doubt Blizzard would add sub-races in "just because", they would probably sell them on the store or make them a selling point of a content patch or expansion. Personally, I wouldn't mind them being added to the store, they'd be a massively popular product for sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Its been a few days since we've had a new preview, depending on how often they are staggering these releases I think we might be seeing something new soon.
    You just lost The Game

10+ Year Old Account
    Its been a few days since we've had a new preview, depending on how often they are staggering these releases I think we might be seeing something new soon.
    Next Thursday/Friday at the earliest. May take even few weeks for the next one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey Shoc, you considered sticking Blood/High Elven ears and glowing blue eyes on the Human female? since the model is such top notch quality, they could stick those features on the Human female and then call it the High Elf for the Alliance, giving them a dinstinction with the Blood Elf!

(if you get what I mean, if not <_> I suck in English)

i for one think the dragonhawk mount needs to be redone hell all they have to do is take the armor of the armoed dragonhawk they added not to long ago

Deleted
    We NEED Felblood Elves as a Blood Elf sub-race!

We have to make the choice before Blizzard does one for us! Get this out there, spread it! Make it viral! We need this!

OP, could you maybe put these 2 pictures on the first post?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanxys View Post
    We NEED Felblood Elves as a Blood Elf sub-race!
    No, we don't. "IT'S SO COOL!" isn't reason enough for all the lore contractions that shit would cause.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Next Thursday/Friday at the earliest. May take even few weeks for the next one.

I think it might take another 3 weeks, if the first part of the series did as well.

Unless they did the entire ArtCraft series in those three weeks and now holds them close, releasing them one by one every week or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, we don't. "IT'S SO COOL!" isn't reason enough for all the lore contractions that shit would cause.
    Contradictions, such as?

It'd make a cool metamorphosis form for blood elves, at the very least, especially if applied to the new models.

Regarding the half elves, again I see no reason they should get special treatment vis-a-vis all the other potential half-race combinations. They are almost entirely neglected by the lore barring one or two NPCs, with as much frequency as Med'an. The models are just humans with mildly pointy ears. I would much rather see the human ethnicities as subraces.

Granted, it need not be mutually exclusive.

They've always been a 'race' I couldn't care less about. Half-breeds in general.
    Last edited by Zathrendar; 2014-01-26 at 02:00 PM.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

Remember how you could hear this awesome Vrykul battle roar after which they showed up at the Wrathgate? I'd really love having the ability to make a character resemble this in some way. For example the undead with the beard of some pages ago, it just gets me so excited. ;_;

Last edited by Thybalt; 2014-01-26 at 05:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaladhrun View Post
    Contradictions, such as?

It'd make a cool metamorphosis form for blood elves, at the very least, especially if applied to the new models.
    Felblood elves serve Kael'Thas and the BURNING LEGION. Besides, they were propably all killed during Sunwell raid. Even if some of them survived, we are not gonna have Legion affiliated player characters.

And before anyone says it, no, one DOES NOT desert from the Legion.
    Last edited by Lahis; 2014-01-26 at 02:23 PM.

Felblood elves serve Kael'Thas and the BURNING LEGION. Besides, they were propably all killed during Sunwell raid. Even if some of them survived, we are not gonna have Legion affiliated player chatacters.

Usually, dead people do.

Deleted
    Felblood elves serve Kael'Thas and the BURNING LEGION. Besides, they were propably all killed during Sunwell raid. Even if some of them survived, we are not gonna have Legion affiliated player characters.

Each race deserves a sub-race and Blood Elves deserve one too.

Reasons for Felblood Elves is simple. It's already in-game so we have an existing sub-race already rather than making a new one. Second, they look impressively good.

Lore reasons: The Blood Elves which were originally focusing on fel magic which gave them green eyes are in the Horde and were negotiating acceptance into the Alliance. Meaning of this: Partially fel energized blood elves were acceptable in both factions.

Now, take Felblood Elves. They've mostly absorbed demon energy granting them strength and affiliating themselves with the Legion which disbanded after their defeat. They're intelligent, powerful yet outnumbered, without a cause and leader. A perfect reason to re-join the Sin'dorei. They'd be an important asset in Warlords of Draenor. Their addiction can be halted with the new-found replenishment of the Sunwell giving them new hope for a future. Plus they would desire redemption.

Given reasoning of the Blood Elves to accept them is that since the events of Pandaria and the outcome of war and the acts of Garrosh's treason which fell upon their race, they could use an armada of powerful Felblood's. They were and still are Sin'dorei, only tainted with fel energy. As the Blood Elves surrendered when they marched upon Shattrath in the burning crusade, how Liadrin pledged their allegiance to A'dal after leaving Kael'thas and the legion, so can they. They've only done it later.

Everyone deserves a second chance. Given how the Sin'dorei are striving to survive, having a small comeback from their bretheren to fight together in the upcoming wars on Draenor would prove valuable on both sides.

Warlocks are accepted into both factions. They assisted in the Crusader's Coliseum as their own faction for the battle against the Lich King, and how long ago that was...

The Council of the Black Harvest, a group of one of the most powerful warlocks on Azeroth joined the forces of the Alliance and Horde (in lore) to defeat Deathwing and save the world. To which they succeeded. And they're never short on fel magic.

Death Knights who were working with Azeroth's most hated forces who use despicable necromantic abilities were redeemed and accepted into both factions.

TL: DR Joining the Horde would benefit both groups. Redemption has always been acceptable. Fel magic has been tolerated on many occasions. It would be a waste to leave such an amazingly looking sub-race in the dust. There isn't a reason for them not to appear as playable characters.
    Last edited by mmoc9aedacf3cf; 2014-01-26 at 02:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Felblood elves betrayed the Sin'dorei, attacked Silvermoon City, took over the Sunwell and almost succeeded in summoning Kil'Jaeden to Azeroth. They also bathed in demon blood to turn themselves into demons.

Now, a few years later they are supposed to come back knocking at the gates of Silvermoon, say "Weve sowwy" and be accepted back into Sin'Dorei society? It's more likely they'll be flayed alive if they ever step on Azeroth again.

Next you'll propably suggest adding Eredar as a subrace for Draenei.