Quote Originally Posted by Shadowtwili View Post
    Would look sick, the Brewmaster keg as a option for Monks, but you know, that would end up with dozens upon dozens of Brewmasters running around!
    So what? They should all have it. Just like all DKs should all be using runeblades.
    Wait, I misread what you said I think. If so, omit.
    Last edited by Yig; 2014-02-07 at 09:25 AM.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Quote Originally Posted by cecilb View Post
    Yeah, I was thinking what would work with Night Elves? - Plus if it ever went to a cash shop option for extra sub race models (not texture/skins) than Dark trolls could be offered to Night Elves and Trolls.
    Highbourne also work well - those Mages who never left with the High Elves.

Yeah, I was thinking what would work with Night Elves? - Plus if it ever went to a cash shop option for extra sub race models (not texture/skins) than Dark trolls could be offered to Night Elves and Trolls.
    Nope but Shen'Dralar obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post

Can't you do that already? That's an honorary brewmaster's keg from MoP with the keg hat from brewfest and two of the mugs that (IIRC) Direbrew drops.

I am tempted to roll the above character.
    Yes, that's actually my Brewmaster. But the keg is only good for three minutes every hour (or half hour) and you can't use it in combat. It is fun to toss beers to everyone though. And the hat is white gear, so un-moggable.

Tankards are always equipped/mogged though. Dwarven requirement.

Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    Very true, How would they look? would they look more Night Elven? or would they they look more like the High Elves due to exposure to Arcane use? I never quite understood that, is it explained in the books at all? I cant remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    Nope but Shen'Dralar obviously.
    That shows them looking like night elves.. so these are really the only highborne left?

Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    Yes, that's actually my Brewmaster. But the keg is only good for three minutes every hour (or half hour) and you can't use it in combat. It is fun to toss beers to everyone though. And the hat is white gear, so un-moggable.

Tankards are always equipped/mogged though. Dwarven requirement.
    I did the same with my Dwarf :P I wish it would stay out though or you had access to your other abilities instead of the vehicle style bar. There is also plenty of other great models you could mine from - I would love something like this for engineers as well.....

But oh well - I've been thinking, how do you think they will do the different faces? hopefully more in line with goblins than pandaren, that way it doesn't look like everyone has identical faces with the slot just affecting the texture.

Goblins so far have the best variation in their options IMO.

But oh well - I've been thinking, how do you think they will do the different faces? hopefully more in line with goblins than pandaren, that way it doesn't look like everyone has identical faces with the slot just affecting the texture.

Goblins so far have the best variation in their options IMO.
    Funny you mention that, so far every race has one facial model, goblins hide this by using different nose and ear tips, since those aren't animated, but everything else is shared between all the faces.

I don't think we'll get different face models, the way Blizzard rigs the characters would force them to make a different set of animations for each face. We might get some different ears, noses, chins and tusks, but that's about it.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    dark trolls would make a good night elf subrace
    I see where your coming from.. but I prefer having trolls stick to trollz please

This is the same as people saying: oo lets put high elves with humans..

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the difference is Dark Trolls have nothing whatsoever to do with the Alliance. You can justify putting HE under NE or (less plausibly, IMO) humans, but what have dark trolls got to do with NE these days, or the Alliance?

Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    They're not necessarily magi, they are however a caste that selected for ever increasing arcane proficiency. There were members of most classes amongst the Highborne, however their upper echelons were magi and, in some cases, warlocks.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

Another point is Night Elf cut all any tie that has to do with Dark Troll and whatever race they evolved from. They don't even know that they evolved from troll and they won't accept that. Having dark troll as NE sub race doesn't make sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair, the Kaldorei shouldn't have any "sub-species", sure we can have some of the other intelligent races that are part of the Kaldorei Empire under sub-species, but they don't really have any true sub-species that aren't evil or don't make sense (Naga, Satyr, High Elves, Blood Elves, FelBlood Elves, Wretched).

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Another point is Night Elf cut all any tie that has to do with Dark Troll and whatever race they evolved from. They don't even know that they evolved from troll and they won't accept that. Having dark troll as NE sub race doesn't make sense.
    if theres any dark trolls left they wouldve been taken in by the night elves when the twilight cultists attacked mt hyjal.

the only time dark trolls ever showed up ingame they were getting their homes destroyed by orcs and helping the night elves fight archimonde and considering mt hyjal was the main home of the night elves before the world tree was destroyed and the dark trolls were allowed to stay there id say they were as close as troll and night elf can be
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup, there's literally zero in-game presence or lore interaction with the night elves for them. You would have an easier time with a Satyr subrace, with some of them redeemed by Elune, than with dark trolls. Personally, I can see the Highborne or the quel'dorei as subraces, though.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

I'm pretty sure Dark Trolls were forgotten for the most part. They would make a much more interesting addition to night elves than many other groups though, as the night elven ancestry thing gives a lot of story room for various stages of discrimination and integration.

if theres any dark trolls left they wouldve been taken in by the night elves when the twilight cultists attacked mt hyjal.

the only time dark trolls ever showed up ingame they were getting their homes destroyed by orcs and helping the night elves fight archimonde and considering mt hyjal was the main home of the night elves before the world tree was destroyed and the dark trolls were allowed to stay there id say they were as close as troll and night elf can be
    They are as close to NE as Furbogs are. Everything about the races are different. Still doesn't make sense to be sub race just like a lot of races mentioned in this thread. Also, Dark Trolls were stated by Brann to be wiped out by TH. NEs didn't take them in. Malfurion also destroyed a camp of dark troll in WC3.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2014-02-08 at 05:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't see the rationale behind them, either. I thought the NE turned against them after the WoE worked its 'magic' and evolved them (the NE), anyway.

Mother of god these are amazing
    Check out my livestream and follow me on twitter.
    /
    I Livestream and do giveaways.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaladhrun View Post
    I can't see the rationale behind them, either. I thought the NE turned against them after the WoE worked its 'magic' and evolved them (the NE), anyway.
    It makes me wonder if there are any night elves alive who remember being dark trolls before the well.

Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    It makes me wonder if there are any night elves alive who remember being dark trolls before the well.
    The way I understand it, the trolls slowly turned into night elves through several generations, the first ones weren't immortal.

hints that they will also update worgen. atleast the female

"read the article, happy with male Worgen and aware that female isn't working for large portion of players. No ETA but on radar" from chris g twitter
    *girly scream of delight*

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    The way I understand it, the trolls slowly turned into night elves through several generations, the first ones weren't immortal.
    But if Night Elves evolved from Dark Trolls, why are there still Dark Trolls? Checkmate Athiests.
    You just lost The Game