10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Lorewise I think there's no reason for there not to be females, probably just didn't want to make a female model.

Until this very moment it never occurred to me that the Fel Orcs in Outland are all male.
    Fel Orcs during sex probably killed the female
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Fel Orcs during sex probably killed the female
    Pfft my female Orc could take anything they got.

...okay that just got a bit weird.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    Watch. Beta's gonna hit and we're all going to be picking our jaws up off the floor at the customization options available--face paint, scars, beards, jewelery, tats, subraces.

Okay, maybe not that much, but right now I'm putting my money on at least the Wildhammer dwarves and Mag'har orcs available as skin options.
    I get the impression they're doing core models for now and customisation will be after all models are done, so I think there's a decent chance we won't see it until after beta.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

i think the three things we are most likely to get in order are

1. more racial skins: because they are making them anyways so it makes sense that they end up making them available.

2. tattoos: theyve mention tattoos/scars so many times now and i think one of the devs said its their most wanted feature to be added so i think once they finish the models we might see "tattoo shops" as either a new feature or a new little section in the barber shop. not to mention tattoo textures dont take that much time to make in the first place and dont have to change the model at all

3. more facial hair options for different races: theyve already confirmed at blizzcon that they have a bunch of new hairstyles coming out next expansion but facial hair is the least likely to be put in because of the new bones they would require. if we get dwarf esque beards on all the males i think it would be alot of work so thats why this is the least likely.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    Well I hope they can make the bounce IDLE Animation a bit less silly, its more the faceanimation there that look a bit silly imho.
    But then, nightelf females got at least the flip jump!
    Fucking fuck that stupid bounce. I'm not getting my hopes up.

In my universe she'd be cracking her knuckles and punching her fist into her palm, holding her chin high with arrogance and standing like a proud Masai warrior with her hands held back in fists, then maybe noticing in the corner of her eye one of her hairs was out of place she suddenly has to fix and smooth back into style before going back to her mean warrior pose. Both humor and a nod to Night Elf savagery and beauty without turning them into ditzy teenage cheerleaders. In my world,...

Would love to see in a world gone wild with no boundaries customization based idleness, you have a braid? Sometimes you grip it in your fist and tug it in frustration or boredom. Night Elf female gripping her over the shoulder braid would look awesome.

But dwarves, oh sweet-sweet dwarves. Gripping their beards and tugging them in frustration or idleness, stroking their beards in thought. I love /emoting these things while RPing.

Leaning on your stave, planting the tip of your sword int he ground and leaning on it, holding your weapon over your shoulder, resting it on your back,.... weapon context sensitive idle animations if they're not sheathed.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Lorewise I think there's no reason for there not to be females, probably just didn't want to make a female model.

Until this very moment it never occurred to me that the Fel Orcs in Outland are all male.
    There is filespace in the model viewer for female fel orcs, but they never made it live, and all thats there is an untextured fel orc, the same goes for female broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaxxar View Post
    More like your standing up thing.
    Like the regular, Mag'har Orc, Death Knight skin, and the Dragonmaw Orc.

Any chance for lore to have Female Fel Orcs?
    Haha I'll make a better one, I'll admit the one I made earlier was a little shoddy.
    You just lost The Game

10+ Year Old Account
    I get the impression they're doing core models for now and customisation will be after all models are done, so I think there's a decent chance we won't see it until after beta.
    Maybe. Either way, the rebuilt models alone are a godsend, and I'm already cooking up alt ideas. So far I've got a female orc shammy (boosted 90) and my paladin's turning into a human lass. I like my hunter and monk as they are, but my rogue could use a new skin--I'll have to see how the night elf and blood elf models turn out.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Zomp View Post
    I really want to know what those black things on my priests face are. :/ Make up? Scars? Rotting eye fluid?
    I always imagined it was make up, like the Crow. Tattoo or grease paint, cremation ashes, whatever floats your boat. In my RP flag RSP descriptions over the years my Forsaken usually smell of overpowering pungent funeral incense and funeral herbs from embalming to keep their scents not so bad. I love that kind of stuff.

My forsaken frost mage used to lean on his staff all the time, his vice like grip held high on his stave barely keeping his skeletal remains upright and he drooped with weak posture, longs streams of chilled frosted air flowing from the vacant holes in his skull like a waterfall of fog rolling down around his body, swirling, broiling and dissipating, gathering at his feet in a pool.
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe. Either way, the rebuilt models alone are a godsend, and I'm already cooking up alt ideas. So far I've got a female orc shammy (boosted 90) and my paladin's turning into a human lass. I like my hunter and monk as they are, but my rogue could use a new skin--I'll have to see how the night elf and blood elf models turn out.
    Here's hoping for getting a playable Draenei male at long last!

Happy how this turned out

You just lost The Game

Mmm, I don't think it makes any sense to reskin a Night Elf to a High Elf.

IMO they will either make High Elves a full race, or not make them at all.
    It would not be a reskin I'd guess. It would be a remodel, or rather a re-rigged model to make more sense that is a different mocdel but part of the same racial selection, hidden in Night Elf options or hidden in Human options based on where they live and start out at level 1.

If they end up giving orcs a new upright posture, it will be similar but not so radical.

And this is only assuming because they have to have a niche somewhere in the Alliance. There's a problem here you don't seem to recognize or value.

They are not a strong enough concept next to blood elves to warrant being a totally new player race, it would be kind of lame, even given all new animations and idle postures based on the Blood Elf model with variations in the face of something radical and new. So really the only realistic option is to somehow get them onto the Alliance without being a new expansion player race, and it seems to work well as an idea for people who either also live in Stormwind or also live in Teldrassil. There is a logic to this. Subraces give a logic to this, it's far fetched, but there is a logic to it.

They will NEVER be a full race, imo. Even with totally different models to look like a different Blood Elf with blue eyes with all new animations, it's just not "new" enough.
    Last edited by Yig; 2014-02-20 at 04:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    It would not be a reskin. It would be a remodel, a different model.
    If they end up giving orcs a new upright posture, it will be similar but not so radical.
    And this is only assuming because they have to have a niche somewhere in the Alliance. There's a problem here you don't seem to recognize or value.

They are not a strong enough concept next to blood elves to warrant to be a totally new player race, it would be lame, even given all new animations and idle postures based on the Blood Elf model in variations in the face of something radical and new. So the really only realistic is to somehow get them onto the Alliance without being a new expansion player race, and it seems to work well as an idea for people who either also live in Stormwind or also live in Teldrassil. There is a logic to this.

They will NEVER be a full race, imo. Even with totally different models to look like a different Blood Elve with blue eyes with all new animations, it's just not "new" enough.
    Not to mention, lorewise, High Elves are functionally extinct.

As a people, the high elves are all but extinct: the remnants of the remnants of a fallen race.[4] Though without any official leader, Vereesa Windrunner (the younger sister of both Sylvanas and Alleria) leads one of the few organized high elf collaborations, the Silver Covenant, as its self-styled Ranger General. Auric Sunchaser, a captain of the remnants of Alleria's ranger cadre found in Terokkar Forest, serves as the high elven representative at the restored Sunwell in modern Quel'Thalas.
    I'd say the High Elven population of Azeroth is < 500 at this point, nowhere near enough to warrant being playable by players.
    You just lost The Game

Watch. Beta's gonna hit and we're all going to be picking our jaws up off the floor at the customization options available--face paint, scars, beards, jewelery, tats, subraces.

Okay, maybe not that much, but right now I'm putting my money on at least the Wildhammer dwarves and Mag'har orcs available as skin options.
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news, I thought they'd outdo expectations as well, but we have this.

Still, Blizzard often goes out of their way in places nobody expected. Map opening animations for instance. One never knows. But I think they will be around in WOD's lifetime. They already tried Wildhammer tattoos in the beta for Cata for a few weeks, and changed all grey skinned dwarf skins to have red eyes.

They've had 3 separate interviews in the last 2-3 years where they said they want to and plan to giving us some of these eventually, they just aren't sure when or how.
    The model updates seem the perfect time now for it. I think WOD will be known in history for many model and customization options being expanded upon once all is said and done. They need to both catch up to their competition while also keeping their restrictions in place for the logical reason they do in the first place.

We could have had body sliders and face sliders in 2004 if Blizzard wanted to give them to us. Plenty of MMOS with shittier graphics engines did it in 2004 and before. They did what they did for very specific reasons, and i don't see them deviating too far from that ever, but maybe a a little bit. But new hair? New skin colors? New jewelry? That's all a pretty safe bet. Plus they had expressed a desire to give us "proper" orc posture as an option on their wishlist soon, which opens options for many hopes and dreams.

I just wanna see this face given an permanent Cursed Vision of Sargeras blind fold you can customize the color of: red, black, purple, etc, instead of being a tattoo. And if it is warpaint or a tattoo in the update, well, it will still look cool. But I'm dying to see if they even dare go that direction.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Not to mention, lorewise, High Elves are functionally extinct.

I'd say the High Elven population of Azeroth is < 500 at this point, nowhere near enough to warrant being playable by players.
    I don't think that's a factor. The Goblins we play are part of a very small remnant of survivors that aren't members of the cartels we see all over the world. And our DKs hardly number that many either when you consider lore. Arthas didn't have thousands of sentient DKs IMO, maybe 1000 or so.

I don't think high elves are as scarce as people make them out to be. Certainly they are scarce, compared to Blood Elves especially, but we can play them if Blizzard wanted to do it i think.

I don't think that's a factor. The Goblins we play are part of a very small remnant of survivors that aren't members of the cartels we see all over the world. And our DKs hardly number that many either when you consider lore. Arthas didn't have thousands of sentient DKs IMO, maybe 1000 or so.

I don't think high elves are as scarce as people make them out to be. Certainly they are scarce, compared to Blood Elves especially, but we can play them if Blizzard wanted to do it i think.
    I suppose so. I guess the only real issues with High Elves would be to incorporate them as an interesting playable race that isn't just a reskin of Blood Elves. I think a solution to this, though it would take a retcon, would be to make High Elves more human-like, and incorporate them as a Human sub-race. Something like Kalec's Half Elf form is what I have in mind. It's a stretch, but it could be explained that maybe the Blood Elves alternative energy sources made them slender-er.

The only other option would be to create High Elves as a regular playable race, but the amount of people screaming rehash would be deafening.

They should have just made Elves a neutral race in BC that got to choose between High/Blood Elves and saved the Draenei until later.
    You just lost The Game

I don't have any interest in human looking elves. So I hope not.

I want to see them with an altered posture and some custom animations to reflect their more heroic and valiant personality as a shadow to the snooty and flippant pose and animations of the Blood Elf.

As I keep posting this image, something like this with Pandaren fidelity.

I see it as either something breaking precedent, included as a variant Night Elf, as technically they are just a cousin of the night elf and variant of their species and Teldrassil would be a perfect starting place for them as well as Stormwind, however much they embody the Blue and Gold, Tyrande welcoming them home would be a cool story line.

Or as a custom race sold in the store like we talked about. With a phased starting zone beginning in Northrend and Dalaran with a custom 1-10 leveling experience ending up in Teldrassil or Stormwind that you pay money for as a mini expansion. What crazy things will I say next?

I say give them a racial levitation mount mechanic like this for the caster units:

Imagine once you hit level 60 and could fly! Fucking Storm!

Or a mounted saddled and armored lynx from Quel'thalas similar to a smaller Night or Frostsaber. In my wacky world of Yig-or-eeally wonderful wonders. This is what I would do as CEO of Blizzard, shareholders and devs be damned, I would become dictator, the Lucius Quinctius Cincinnatus of Blizzzrd CEOs, my hand in all things, even certain employees, which would get me fired for sexual embarrassment.

I'm glad I escaped that parallel universe and leaped out of their before I messed things up more. And people think Quantum Leap was just a TV show. Mwa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!
    Last edited by Yig; 2014-02-20 at 05:14 AM.

What are people using to create these? They all look awesome you guys. but are you all using the same kind of program and building your own models? Or what? I think it would be cool to make one sometime for fun

Is it just me, or has the fem orc lost her badonkadonk?

Quote Originally Posted by Taylerswifft View Post
    What are people using to create these? They all look awesome you guys. but are you all using the same kind of program and building your own models? Or what? I think it would be cool to make one sometime for fun
    Mostly photoshop. Select, adjust color balance or hue/saturation, copy and paste specific assets, voilà! Liquify too. Cannot forget that.

God I need a WACOM, look at how bad those prayer beads look.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Telomerase View Post
    Here's hoping for getting a playable Draenei male at long last!
    I love my player model Dranei, I love him.

But something like this, with a tail like that, I could love too. It's a delicate marriage, I'll concede.

One of the things I'm dying on the edge of my seat to see.

Fucking fuck that stupid bounce. I'm not getting my hopes up.
    I'm dying to see what they do with the bounce. I'd be happy with a high bone count fully animated bounce without the silly facial expression.

There is filespace in the model viewer for female fel orcs, but they never made it live, and all thats there is an untextured fel orc, the same goes for female broken.
    Wow, how bout that.

I always imagined it was make up, like the Crow. Tattoo or grease paint, cremation ashes, whatever floats your boat.
    Could be gaping axe wounds.

Happy how this turned out

That's hot.

It would not be a reskin I'd guess. It would be a remodel, or rather a re-rigged model to make more sense that is a different mocdel but part of the same racial selection, hidden in Night Elf options or hidden in Human options based on where they live and start out at level 1.

They are not a strong enough concept next to blood elves to warrant being a totally new player race, it would be kind of lame, even given all new animations and idle postures based on the Blood Elf model with variations in the face of something radical and new. So really the only realistic option is to somehow get them onto the Alliance without being a new expansion player race, and it seems to work well as an idea for people who either also live in Stormwind or also live in Teldrassil. There is a logic to this. Subraces give a logic to this, it's far fetched, but there is a logic to it.

They will NEVER be a full race, imo. Even with totally different models to look like a different Blood Elf with blue eyes with all new animations, it's just not "new" enough.
    What makes you think I don't recognise that? I don't think High Elves are likely nor do they make much sense in the lore (which is frankly a mess with all the subdivisions of elves IMO). And of course I meant a remodel. Which would just be a Blood Elf model, considering they're the exact same race and just political factions that diverged only a few years ago.

And yet for some reason Blizzard keeps portraying them ingame as the opposite numbers of the Blood Elves, eg Dalaran in Wrath and Isle of Thunder in MoP. Thus the constant fan nagging to make them playable. Well that and some people just want more elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Theatre View Post
    Is it just me, or has the fem orc lost her badonkadonk?
    It's just the way her spine used to bend unnaturally. Wait until you see it in animation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Stood in the Fire Grand Phoenix's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    And yet for some reason Blizzard keeps portraying them ingame as the opposite numbers of the Blood Elves, eg Dalaran in Wrath and Isle of Thunder in MoP. Thus the constant fan nagging to make them playable. Well that and some people just want more elves.
    That's what I don't get. Take, for example, some of the elf races from The Elder Scrolls. You have the Aldmer (proto-Altmer/High Elves), the Altmer (modern High Elves), the Bosmer (Wood Elves), the Dunmer (Dark Elves), the Dwemer (Dwarves), and the Orsimer (Orcs). Each has a background history that distinguishes from the other...but no one complains about there being "too many elves". Whereas the mere mention of including playable High Elves in World of Warcraft has that one half going up in arms over it, saying a third elf race would be "too much" or that we "already have enough elves".

Personally I'm all for High Elves...but the only way I see that happening is if the player characters are from wherever Alleria and Turalyon are situated. Those high elves would be unaware of the changes that have occurred since Draenor's destruction, and it would be redundant on Blizzard's part to make those playable HEs start out in Dalaran (e.g. whether that character is part of the Kirin Tor as a mage or the Silver Covenant as a hunter) where they're pretty much in the know with current events.

I'm dying to see what they do with the bounce. I'd be happy with a high bone count fully animated bounce without the silly facial expression.
    have fun with your ditzy vapid night elf females then, would you like them to blow bubble gum bubbles now too on top of it Maybe some braces? Some cheer leader pompoms?

Could be gaping axe wounds.
    I guess it could be so, man. But it seems pretty fucking obvious to me it's cosmetic, following the gothic Tim Burton vibe the Forsaken embody and the whole drama mask iconography thing.

Is it really that confusing and mysterious? /shrug

What makes you think I don't recognise that? I don't think High Elves are likely nor do they make much sense in the lore (which is frankly a mess with all the subdivisions of elves IMO). And of course I meant a remodel. Which would just be a Blood Elf model, considering they're the exact same race and just political factions that diverged only a few years ago.
    This.

Mmm, I don't think it makes any sense to reskin a Night Elf to a High Elf.

IMO they will either make High Elves a full race, or not make them at all.
    Because they likely will never do that as it's not a strong enough distinction to merit a full race, but its also highly requested and desired.
    If you don't see the sense in it, I didn't think you recognized the nuance of the problem. But I think now you do see the sense in it, you just don't agree with it personally.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grand Phoenix View Post
    That's what I don't get. Take, for example, some of the elf races from The Elder Scrolls. You have the Aldmer (proto-Altmer/High Elves), the Altmer (modern High Elves), the Bosmer (Wood Elves), the Dunmer (Dark Elves), the Dwemer (Dwarves), and the Orsimer (Orcs). Each has a background history that distinguishes from the other...but no one complains about there being "too many elves". Whereas the mere mention of including playable High Elves in World of Warcraft has that one half going up in arms over it, saying a third elf race would be "too much" or that we "already have enough elves".

Personally I'm all for High Elves...but the only way I see that happening is if the player characters are from wherever Alleria and Turalyon are situated. Those high elves would be unaware of the changes that have occurred since Draenor's destruction, and it would be redundant on Blizzard's part to make those playable HEs start out in Dalaran (e.g. whether that character is part of the Kirin Tor as a mage or the Silver Covenant as a hunter) where they're pretty much in the know with current events.
    Why? The High Elves of the Alliance have been fighting for ten years at the side of the Alliance races, night elves and all, the Silver Covenant is a recognized and respected group among the Alliance. Why the need for this mysterious faction with Turalyon and Alleria?

And I think we can safely ignore the elf haters as homophobic machismo teenagers in mind and body at this point.