Deleted
    All we know is that we won't have Naga Rogues or Monks, Kick, Spinning Crane Kick and Blackout Kick are out of the option. While you could substitute a tail slap for Kick and Black Out Kick with SCK that's kinda hard.

On a more serious note, I'd rather have sub races than new races. The reason for that is mostly that I'm an altoholic and want to play em all. Well except undead, never liked them.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    That is.....rediculously badass.

Edit: I need to dig out my Bones of Transformation again!
    Last edited by Futhark; 2014-03-19 at 06:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    yeah i see side saddle working just fine for naga.

not to mention blizzards mentioned a couple times throughout wows lifetime that naga are a race they would like to add in some day.

their right up there with ogres. just a matter of the right expansion.

i think satyr for alliance and naga for horde would work really well in an azshara expansion.

both used to be night elves, both were created roughly around the same time, they both served azshara so they would both fit and they each have their own unique culture and racial identity.

its also relatively easy to make them join each side.

theres naga that worship neptulon even above azshara and were branded heretics after azshara turned on neptulon, they could have the naga we play as be a band of heretics who reach out to the horde to stop azshara and restore neptulon to the throne of tides

there is a satyr in ashenvale that gets let back in by the night elves and after he sacrifices his own heart to save a little girl he turns back into a night elf, the satyr we play as could be trying to follow his example and try to redeem themselves
    Agreed on both, though Blizzard may up the ante and go with Naga for Horde and Ethereals for Alliance, as Satyr are nowhere near as popular as either race. How they join will depend on what Azshara's motives, at any time, are. I suspect she loathes Sargeras, as Xavius failed to disclose the true reasons for the Legion's arrival on Azeroth, so you could always end up with a cynical pact between her and one of the factions. She is very powerful and would be a great ally in any battle with the Legion. On the other hand, she could be built up (sadly) as a villain, with the Neptulon strain being playable, as you say.

The other thing people tend to forget about the amphibian Naga is that they're reptiles, not fish, and have powerful bodies. They move with agility on land, and much faster yet underwater. So they have no issue with land movement. Blizzard may just have to be a little creative in designing lower body gear for them, and fitting them on mounts.
    Last edited by Zathrendar; 2014-03-19 at 07:49 PM.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaladhrun View Post
    Blizzard may just have to be a little creative in designing lower body gear for them, and fitting them on mounts.
    Tail fin adornments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone want some of the playable races to look like the Heroes of the Storm models?

For playable Ogres;

I would love that scar and the tattoes around him would be sweet, and the skin colour, facial features could have so many options and look at the heads. You could have a one-headed two eyed Ogre, or a one-headed one-eyed Ogre and so forth.
    I just think it would be nice if Ogres got a new updated model with more poses, and changed the Warlords model a bit and add some horns to it.

New Night Elf;

Also wouldn't Heroes of the Storm be a good starter for a more updated game for a Warcraft IV in which you get achivement points for doing certain things for a campaign and talk to people on your Battlenet ID and even let people see your achivements and the stuff that you did.
    Last edited by rcshaggy; 2014-03-20 at 03:02 AM.
    For the Horde!

Heroes of the Storm is heavily stylized and probably isn't too indicative of what we'll see in terms of new WoW models.
    You just lost The Game

Heroes has the huge benefit of not needing to have modular consistently placed armor changes for each unit. That alone makes the character design much more free than WoW's could ever be.

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Heroes of the Storm is heavily stylized and probably isn't too indicative of what we'll see in terms of new WoW models.
    i think the ogre is a good indication of what we might get but yeah most of them are pretty stylized, plus since its a brand new pc game they dont have to worry as much about making the models "too good" plus what others have said about the whole no armor thing
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

HOTS just shows what a WOW2 could look like with an engine created today, and that's with miniature isometric scale models. Some of them make WOW look painfully outdated, some of them look more limited than WOW, but at the end of the day t hey kick all kinds of ass. I'd love an Ogre in WOW that looked half that cool, but Heroes has a more edgier style than WOW's whimsical caricature style. Still, it just shows how frankly stupid everyone sounded when this project was first announced claiming Blizzard might struggle to make the classic races of this game look good and even,.. I have to stop to laugh here, even scrap the project if it somehow wasn't able to turn out as good as they wanted it too,... as if WOW's classic races are not what their artists live and fucking breath up there and could create in their sleep night and day for the rest of their lives. And ll over idiotic foundations of precedent like the Worgen female, as if her problems would plague humans and orcs and elves, it's like people see the world with the logic of a rock, paper, scissors game.

In their world, all blind men automatically kill Boba Fett, no matter what. Circumstances are hard, what are circumstances anyway?

Imagine with Pandaren fidelity models and facial expressions the sheer hilarious awesome that Blizzard could create with the detail of a player race with a 2 headed ogre spellcaster. By the gods, too awesome to imagine. The idle animations, the emotes, the interactions between heads,...
    Last edited by Yig; 2014-03-20 at 10:06 AM.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

The HotS heroes are stylized in a way to work isometric. Trust me, if they would make the heroes look thinner like for example females in wow, the silhouette would not look nice from an isometric point of view. The hips and breasts are really big, but if they did it another way it would not be visible from above.
    For Tyrande I would say that only the face looks remotely to what we may get in wow.

Also the bonecount in the Hots models are really low, no bones for the face and the hands, they just modeled in a static pose.
    So for hots this is perfectly okay I think, fully rigged characters would be a waste of time and runtime performance.

So no I don't want them to look them like that, it would look like rts characters from a third person perspective and that would suck.
    Last edited by Hellspawn; 2014-03-20 at 11:30 AM.

As much i would love to see that on Jungle Trolls and see moss and some plants over Forests Trolls i don't think they will give us that, cause that would change a lot how the Trolls looks or at least how they are seen by the players and Blizzard wants to preserve the essense of all characters
    Actually if you look well at the current older troll models, there is a suggestion of fur. The new ones from Isle of Thunder I have not spotted the effect on.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaladhrun View Post
    Agreed on both, though Blizzard may up the ante and go with Naga for Horde and Ethereals for Alliance, as Satyr are nowhere near as popular as either race. How they join will depend on what Azshara's motives, at any time, are. I suspect she loathes Sargeras, as Xavius failed to disclose the true reasons for the Legion's arrival on Azeroth, so you could always end up with a cynical pact between her and one of the factions. She is very powerful and would be a great ally in any battle with the Legion. On the other hand, she could be built up (sadly) as a villain, with the Neptulon strain being playable, as you say.

The other thing people tend to forget about the amphibian Naga is that they're reptiles, not fish, and have powerful bodies. They move with agility on land, and much faster yet underwater. So they have no issue with land movement. Blizzard may just have to be a little creative in designing lower body gear for them, and fitting them on mounts.
    Why would she loathe Sargeras? she was though that Sargeras was the only worthy to be her mate, that's why she helped the Burning Legion

Azshara is currently occupied with N'Zoth. There isn't anything in warcraft that suggests that she is still after Sagaras, which is an enemy of her current "master". But it would be a cool story twist if she betrays N'Zoth and smashes him...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    Azshara is currently occupied with N'Zoth. There isn't anything in warcraft that suggests that she is still after Sagaras, which is an enemy of her current "master". But it would be a cool story twist if she betrays N'Zoth and smashes him...
    Well... Sargeras is not a direct enemy of the Old Gods, the old gods just want to destroy everything and Sargeras want to take every little piece of power of Azeroth

Sageras is not out for power, he wants to destory every living thing.
    The Old Gods were on Azeroth before the Titans, they just love chaos.. it seems like... (not sure on that)
    Sagaras on the other hand brings order in his own way.
    Last edited by Hellspawn; 2014-03-20 at 03:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    Sageras is not out for power, he wants to destory every living thing.
    The Old Gods were on Azeroth before the Titans, they just love chaos.. it seems like... (not sure on that)
    Sagaras on the other hand brings order in hi own way.
    Yes and no, Sargeras came to Azeroth first looking for the power of the Well of Eternity

Naga should become a Pandaren-style playable race in the inevitable ocean+underwater x-pac following Warlords.

In my opinion, Blizzard will use the Pandaren model for every new race from now on, both factions want most of the same races at this point, so create a neutral starting experience and have that player choose the faction...

Well... Sargeras is not a direct enemy of the Old Gods, the old gods just want to destroy everything and Sargeras want to take every little piece of power of Azeroth
    the old gods are at war with the burning legion in outer space and sargeras and the burning legion have probably killed a couple of them by now.

but even without taking into account azshara being a minion of the old gods sargeras still never planned to marry her, he planned to take her well and get rid of her.

azshara is the type to hold a grudge so shes likely still pretty pissed off about sargeras playing her, probably wants to kill sargeras more than we do

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sinryu View Post
    In my opinion, Blizzard will use the Pandaren model for every new race from now on, both factions want most of the same races at this point, so create a neutral starting experience and have that player choose the faction...
    i dont think they will, nor will they.

for races that make sense? sure. but i think there are plenty of races people want who dont want them to be neutral.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I don't know, logic would say neither horde nor alliance would actually ACCEPT Naga, but players of both factions want naga to be playable, I could see ogres being horde only and if i'm to understand the reason we haven't gotten ogres yet is because blizz doesn't know how to draw a believable / playable female...