Hey guys, bad news. I fell out of my chair and broke both of my arms, therefore I won't be able to make any more photoshop mockups forever. Unless they invent voice-to-photoshop software, you can wave the dream of having sub-races goodbye.
    You just lost The Game

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Hey guys, bad news. I fell out of my chair and broke both of my arms, therefore I won't be able to make any more photoshop mockups forever. Unless they invent voice-to-photoshop software, you can wave the dream of having sub-races goodbye.
    Wow the same thing happened to me except I died.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaxxar View Post
    Would anyone want Female Trolls to look like this?

thats what female trolls do look like.

Erect. Human faces with tusks and pointed ears.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerkked View Post
    Wow the same thing happened to me except I died.
    Lucky bastard, when i fell a hole to hell opened and you know what? IS SO FREAKING HOT DOWN HERE!!! Uggghh, the people here keep screaming... Man! just because you are getting dismembered doesn't mean you can start yelling and screaming in pain... >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    You could try it with your feet
    Maybe give it a try with the new (fake) female Draenei.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    You could try it with your feet
    Maybe give it a try with the new (fake) female Draenei.
    Smashing one's face to the keyboard seems to work just fine in LFR, so why not in photoshop?

Why would you want to edit her?

You damn well know that im going to fuck with the fem draenei today.
    You just lost The Game

10+ Year Old Account
    Make those demonic Dranei, and not sure what else the Draenei sub-races are. :/
    For the Horde!

10+ Year Old Account
    But you lost your arms? What?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    As for why Humans would expectedly be more tolerant of Half Elves... Well, that's pretty fucking obvious. High Elves were pretty arrogant in those days, and rather isolationist. They weren't the sorts of people who allowed others into their cities or social structure. Chances are, any Half Elves would be produced primarily by those less isolationist Elves who spent more time outside of Silvermoon. As such, most Half Elves would be produced in Human territory rather than that of Elves.

The First Guardian lived in Dalaran, and since that city had the most Human and Elf interactions it's just logical to assume that Dalaran is where most Half-Elves would be and have been produced.
    The only lore source which does address the matter directly is the WRPG, which describes them as rare and disliked by both races, since they're basically the unwanted product of what is effectively a one night stand. I agree that Dalaran is likelier to tolerate them than most places but that doesn't say much other than the fact that Dalaran has long been the home of HE, human and gnomish wizards. The WRPG also has reliability issues, as is evident from the above posts, but sadly it is the only source that addresses the topic, which is a pity since it's one of the more inconsistent lore sources out there. Good for a few things but not much else.

Anyway, I don't doubt that it's the less "isolationist" elves who'd be likelier to mingle with humans, but that doesn't imply anything about how common half-elves are. They still have very limited lore presence. More than other half-breeds, true, but that's only because other half-breeds have virtually no precedent in fantasy (specifically, D&D), barring half-orcs, which for obvious reasons don't appear in WoW.

What I was questioning was the assumption that they're more common than HE and that HE have been integrated in human settlements for the past 10k years. Quel'thalas isn't even that old. As for the WRPG population numbers, make what you will of them, but they are notoriously unreliable.
    Last edited by Zathrendar; 2014-04-01 at 05:27 PM.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerkked View Post
    But you lost your arms? What?
    I am the lucky recipient of a mind controlled robot exoskeleton.
    http://www.theguardian.com/technolog...world-cup-2014

So yeah, I can WASD and click my mouse now. We are truly living in the future.
    You just lost The Game

Make those demonic Dranei, and not sure what else the Draenei sub-races are. :/
    Eredar, Broken and the Lost Ones?

Last edited by PomPomPop; 2014-04-01 at 05:31 PM. Reason: Added piccie

Quote Originally Posted by Lodovica View Post
    Eredar, Broken and the Lost Ones?
    Erederp, Brokener and the Lurst Wurns.
    You just lost The Game

Quote Originally Posted by Thaladhrun View Post
    The only lore source which does address the matter directly is the WRPG, which describes them as rare and disliked by both races, since they're basically the unwanted product of what is effectively a one night stand. I agree that Dalaran is likelier to tolerate them than most places but that doesn't say much other than the fact that Dalaran has long been the home of HE, human and gnomish wizards. The WRPG also has reliability issues, as is evident from the above posts, but sadly it is the only source that addresses the topic, which is a pity since it's one of the more inconsistent lore sources out there. Good for a few things but not much else.

Anyway, I don't doubt that it's the less "isolationist" elves who'd be likelier to mingle with humans, but that doesn't imply anything about how common half-elves are. They still have very limited lore presence. More than other half-breeds, true, but that's only because other half-breeds have virtually no precedent in fantasy (specifically, D&D), barring half-orcs, which for obvious reasons don't appear in WoW.

What I was questioning was the assumption that they're more common than HE and that HE have been integrated in human settlements for the past 10k years. Quel'thalas isn't even that old. As for the WRPG population numbers, make what you will of them, but they are notoriously unreliable.
    garona was half human until burning crusade
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Would anyone want Female Trolls to look like this?

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/20...en-d7buql8.jpg
    No ty, looks rather demonic...

Anyone want some of the playable races to look like the Heroes of the Storm models?

New Night Elf;
    DEM TITTIES! Right size and not nerfed ones...hopefully we get something like that next model..
    Last edited by mmocced9c7d33d; 2014-04-02 at 05:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn, those April Fool's day draenei models... dem sagging chins.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the volcanic ashlands of northwestern Georgia (Also known as Atlanta).
    I would give almost anything to be able to play as a Zandalar troll. They just look so amazing and they already have unique animations so why not?
    Some people really like flavor. Occasionally subsisting on nutrient paste just doesn't feel the same as eating a steak. I get that flavor isn't for everyone, but I doubt removing all cosmetic indicators from the game would be appealing either. Nobody want to log in, queue to fight modestly sized blue checked box boss #7, initiate combat using an attack sequence of abilities 1-7 with a 13 beat repeat coda intermittently, and collect item level 630 slot 7 gear either.

Presenting, the Eredurp
    Last edited by shoc; 2014-04-03 at 03:28 AM.
    You just lost The Game

Presenting, the Eredurp
    Truly terrifying. Nicely done.