Quote Originally Posted by Summerdrake View Post
    No ty, looks rather demonic...

DEM TITTIES! Right size and not nerfed ones...hopefully we get something like that next model..
    body parts, limbs and overall body proportions have to be exaggerated due to the camera angle and size of models in a Moba.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Look at the areas I circled on here. These are the improvements to the model I was talking about. You can tell they just made some subtle changes where they needed to be. The legs and chest appear to be much better proportioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryrida View Post
    I don't get the male Draenei hate. Almost all of my characters are female but for the males, Draenei is one of my favorite. I think they look very heroic and bad-ass.
    Draenei Bravo appreciates your attentions.

Quote Originally Posted by Telomerase View Post
    Look at the areas I circled on here. These are the improvements to the model I was talking about. You can tell they just made some subtle changes where they needed to be. The legs and chest appear to be much better proportioned.

http://imageshack.com/a/img838/5797/gjgu.jpg
    thats mostly the robe. if you turn the model upside down and look up his robe his legs are all noodle lookin and weird
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    As with most people here i will be happy if they make the new Draenei model look like the picture below. Its important though that overall they maintain their size as they were introduced to be the biggest of the Alliance race and give Alliance players something closer to Tauren. I don't want them made to elf like

Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    shok can u make a green version of the new grom hellscream model with an ashenvale backdrop.

thx
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    shok can u make a green version of the new grom hellscream model with an ashenvale backdrop.

thx
    If he doesn't I sort of have one in the works I was going to expand and add to this.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    One of the things I did with her was give her a bald top knot and the actual warden armor you see them wearing in Hyjal based on Maiev. Then I started messing with the rogue tier from TBC which is very evocative of wardens and Night Elves. Then I gave her this cloak. I wish they had a fabric system making cloaks like this possible.

Edit: Added some stuff, like hawk owls and a sheen on her blades and some feathers adorning her.
    Man if the legendary cloak had a PROPER cloak animation/graphic like this it would be TRULY legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    I wouldn't be too sure about that, they really made strides with the Tauren model, the face bears almost no resemblance to the original, not that I am complaining, my main is a Tauren and I love how the new model looks.
    I thought so originally, but when I saw them side by side in the animation videos I realised they actually look more alike than you'd think. It's just the statics that make them look super different.

IMO male Draenei don't have a bad model, it just doesn't appeal to me. Night Elves have straight up bad models for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaladhrun View Post
    Not too fond of the new draenei female model but that's largely because I'm not that fond of the old one, either. I'll reserve judgement for the finished article, though.
    Yeah it's not super exciting now, I'm waiting on animations to truly see what they've done. Pretty much what I expected though - the old model is fairly recent so just increased res/poly count for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    thats mostly the robe. if you turn the model upside down and look up his robe his legs are all noodle lookin and weird
    Why would you do that though? Perv!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

See I love night elf models, except for their rigid posture, I love their over sized hands and feet, giant ears, massive broad shoulders, tiny waists, and im hoping the males get claws of some kind, maybe not like Illidan but like The Druid of the Claw or this Epic Druid Keeper of the Grove here now that we've seen the new female draft had Tyrande and Azsharas black sharp mails just not colored in. It really adds to their more feral elven identity, like the Wolfriders in Elfquest but 7 feet tall. Even if it was only intended for druids and demon hunters, it gives the race more identity and I really hope it's in.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Man if the legendary cloak had a PROPER cloak animation/graphic like this it would be TRULY legendary.

Aye. And thank you for the kind words for my cut and paste and color tweaks. It's addictive, like collages.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

10+ Year Old Account
    From what I have seen of all the new models, they look awesome.

Though the only thing that pisses me off is that the Kaldorei still don't have any claws, I mean what most people don't realise is that the Kaldorei and Draenei are races with actual fangs and claws, yet we never really see them ingame.

Atleast the new Kaldorei female models show small fangs among her teeth, but thats it :s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowtwili View Post
    From what I have seen of all the new models, they look awesome.

Though the only thing that pisses me off is that the Kaldorei still don't have any claws, I mean what most people don't realise is that the Kaldorei and Draenei are races with actual fangs and claws, yet we never really see them ingame.

Atleast the new Kaldorei female models show small fangs among her teeth, but thats it :s
    Well last model shown for the female Night Elf had fangs and most people hated it cause it made them look like Vampires, but those models were scrapped so it doesn't really matter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Well last model shown for the female Night Elf had fangs and most people hated it cause it made them look like Vampires, but those models were scrapped so it doesn't really matter

And yet people consistently moan and bitch about wanting WarCraft III Kaldorei, so Blizzard gives them fangs and their hated?

God, I hate it when people don't know what they want.....

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Sub-races are definitely on the plate as far as 'things-to-come' are concerned. In my mind, sub-races are no different than customization themes, so there are parallels even though not all are particularly proper sub-races. Some may just be sub-factions. After all, all we really want is additional customization options, be it tattoos, skin colours, and hair styles.

Human: Azotha (Vrykul Themed), Dalaran (Wizard Features)
    Dwarf: Wildhammer, Dark Iron
    Gnome: Mechagnome, sane Leper Gnomes
    Night Elf: Shan'do (Leafy Hair, Antlers), Illidari (Tattoos, Green Eyes)
    Draenei: Auchenai (Void Themed), Broken (would require different model), Man'ari (requires massive lorebending)
    Worgen: Northrend Polar Worgen, Night Elf Worgen
    ---
    Orc: Mag'har, Blackrock
    Undead: High Elf, Wretched (Blood Elf)
    Tauren: Grimtotem, Taunka (Force no helm)
    Troll: Forest, Sand, Frost
    Blood Elf: San'layn (Forsaken), Felblood (lorebending)
    Goblin: Gilgoblin, Zombgoblin

These would bring an entire layer of uniqueness to individual characters, and uniqueness in an MMO where everyone is an identical god-slaying hero is key. Jut imagine, a Leper Gnome Warlock, a Polar Worgen Death Knight, an Illidari Rogue, Mag'har Warrior, the possibilities are endless.
    Hrm... This has given me several ideas here, though I personally don't feel every race needs

Oh. And I decided to alter your Azotha picture to see how a Frost Azotha might look:

Now, to the list!

Now. Getting serious here. I think I might try to make my own list of what I think could be reasonable subraces and explanations. It won't necessarily contain all possibilities, but it'll have the ones I've put some thought into.

Orcs: Browns, Greys, and Reds.

Brown: With all of the Mag'har that came to Azeroth as Garrosh did, and all the Clans we'll likely be picking up in WoD, there's really no good reason why not to include Brown Orcs. With all of the deaths and time clonings, Brown Orcs will probably be even more numerous than the Green.

Grey: A similar reason to the above. We've had some Dragonmaw and Blackrock join the Horde, and there may be some influx of those in Draenor along with the Brown.

Red: Many of the Fel Orcs in Outland were unwilling recruits, and there were efforts to study their blood in the hopes they could prevent the corruption of more Orcs. It would be nice if a few of them could be cured. Embedded spikes and other twisted anatomy like exaggerated dentition.

Blood Elves: Rehabilitated Wretched.

Rehabilitated Wretched: The result of a hypothetical effort to rehabilitate the Wretched. Former Fel Bloods would likely be contained in this category as well. Basically, these would just be options for magic mutations and scarring. As for why the Blood Elves would accept Fel Bloods or Wretched amongst them... Well, they welcomed back the Sunfury, despite them having loyally served Kael'thas. They seem to believe in redemption now. However, redemption wouldn't necessarily completely rid them of their new physical attributes.

So. Basically various degrees of Fel and Arcane mutated and scarred Blood Elves is what this subrace would be. I don't think that's necessarily too lorebending.

Untainted: Political Blood Elves who rejoined their brethren at some later date. It would require their to be some portion of High Elves who didn't really value the Alliance more than they just were irked by excessive mana draining and usage of Fel batteries. There's no longer really any reason for those sorts to stay away. These would just be blue eyed variations, which are probably one of the more boring possibilities.

Humans: Azotha, Half Elves, and... Well, your suggestion of Dalaranians caught my eye.

Azotha: The Azotha could bring with them many traits from all sorts of Vrykul populations. Unfortunately, there are currently no known extant Azotha populations. Theoretically, Half-Elves have more going for them.

Half-Elves: Honestly, I don't think all "Half-Elves" need to be exactly half and half. A lot of them could just be Humans with distant Elven ancestry, and those features could easily be shoved amongst a bunch of different "Wizard" features as one option. I imagine some Elven ancestry couldn't be too common amongst the peoples of Dalaran. Even the former Prince of the High Elves had a strong attraction to certain Human Females, and Humans and Elves have been coexisting in Dalaran for ages.

Anyhow. The other possibilities don't really need much explanation. Taunka just need to move in with Tauren, nature mutant Night Elves like Broll already exist and are born as they are, Yada yada yada.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, the "rehabilitated wretched" category sounds interesting.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

Deleted
    Fel orcs? If they added them, everyone would re-roll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    Yes, exactly. Think Batman the animated series from the 90s style. But people are soooo serious and can't loosen up a procedural world view or somethin'.
    Every in game model being a caricature has a pinch of silly put into it. I just wish the orcs didn't end up getting turned into hunchbacks when their time came.
    In terms of Art. Yeah, it's very similar. Although I'd aim more to DBZ art style(At least by the new model's design).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Hey Shoc, any chance for you to make a real Eredar with the Draenei model this time?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Summerdrake View Post
    Fel orcs? If they added them, everyone would re-roll.
    I think the red chaos Orcs would make more sense.
    Fel Orcs are to corrupted to be in the Horde.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Imotbh View Post
    Hey Shoc, any chance for you to make a real Eredar with the Draenei model this time?
    WHY YOU NO LIKE EREDURP?
    I agree to. I want to see a nice update model for them and even the males to.

I want more colours for the Eredar.
    For the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by Telomerase View Post

Blizzard said the new Draenei male models will not look like the new Velen. Also even with hes old model Velen was slimmer than the player model so don't expect the new draenei to look better than they look now apart from more polygons and better faces/hair. So far all the shown races look pretty much the same with slight adjustments, adjusting the M Draeneis torso will not be something slight, it would change to much from the original model which is not what blizzard is going for with the new models.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herazim View Post
    Blizzard said the new Draenei male models will not look like the new Velen. Also even with hes old model Velen was slimmer than the player model so don't expect the new draenei to look better than they look now apart from more polygons and better faces/hair. So far all the shown races look pretty much the same with slight adjustments, adjusting the M Draeneis torso will not be something slight, it would change to much from the original model which is not what blizzard is going for with the new models.
    They didn't say how it would differ though. It will most likely share the skeleton but have cosmetic differences. So if you look at the picture and see how the new looks vs. the old, you can make an educated guess on how it might look.