10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    I would be satisfied with an item you right click that poofs you into the sub race. The whole extra lore explanations are fancy and cool and all, but RPers will come up with their own backstories and everyone else won't really care.
    I'm with Shoc. Gimme sub-races any day! Especially Draenor orcs and Arakkoa.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorua View Post

Night Elven worgen.
    Hell yeah I'd dig this :P They should devo do this and as for Alarstormbringer I forgot about the Northrend worgen haha!
    That would be cool aswell and finnaly give them some more reason to add some story for the Worgen <3
    Last edited by Zaphiron; 2014-08-08 at 12:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Blue Bear View Post
    I'm with Shoc. Gimme sub-races any day! Especially Draenor orcs and Arakkoa.
    how would arrakoa be a subrace O-O

unless you mean like if arrakoa ever get added give both of the winged and cursed versions.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    WHat up on the new tauren finally revealed getting funk-ti-fied? Busy with udder things, Shoc?
    Yeah, mostly with full time work, gotta pay off my crippling student dept somehow. Also, I was waiting for the official screenshots because they look nicer than the artcraft previews. But I'll whip something up now!

- - - Updated - - -

Never knew that the face paint they wear is actually in the design of a skull, super cool! I will make a proper mockup when fem tauren are updated on the official website. Actually, once Warlords launches I'll probably redo most of them since I've gotten a bit better at photoshop since the first mockups, also I want to make 2 for each that can be implemented, in the format of my human one.
    You just lost The Game

Yeah, mostly with full time work, gotta pay off my crippling student dept somehow. Also, I was waiting for the official screenshots because they look nicer than the artcraft previews. But I'll whip something up now!

- - - Updated - - -

Never knew that the face paint they wear is actually in the design of a skull, super cool! I will make a proper mockup when fem tauren are updated on the official website. Actually, once Warlords launches I'll probably redo most of them since I've gotten a bit better at photoshop since the first mockups, also I want to make 2 for each that can be implemented, in the format of my human one.
    these are fantastic
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, Shoc, it is time to make some Troll subspecies ;p

Cold you make subspecies of all Troll races?

So, namely, the Forest, Frost, Dark and Sand Trolls?

Edit: And please don't forget the Undead Trolls!
    Last edited by Shadowtwili; 2014-08-13 at 01:32 PM.

Can we have troll variant now please Shoc?

- - - Updated - - -

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/AuufTVh.jpg

Fantastic work, my fine fellow. RESPECT !

- - - Updated - - -

I was hoping for some high res Male Tauren variations, using these new screenshots.

I would love to see you try out a Runemaster along with a Grimtotem. In fact, while a Grimtotem rocks, we've seen enough to know, however cool any new image looks.
    I think I may try my hand at a Runemaster myself

Not a sub race or ethnicity, but just some damn awesome WOW lore.
    Last edited by Yig; 2014-08-14 at 04:26 AM.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Wow, the Grimtotem look fantastic!

Warpaints for all!

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The new Tauren Models make me wanna play a tauren

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    I would love to see you try out a Runemaster along with a Grimtotem. In fact, while a Grimtotem rocks, we've seen enough to know, however cool any new image looks.
    I think I may try my hand at a Runemaster myself

Not a sub race or ethnicity, but just some damn awesome WOW lore.
    I would love to see (if they ever ever ever do it) the Runemaster become the Monk's fourth spec. It fits them perfectly!

10+ Year Old Account
    In the volcanic ashlands of northwestern Georgia (Also known as Atlanta).
    I've been out of the loop for a while. Has anything new been said on the idea of subraces within the past few months? I want my dark iron dwarves and brown orcs...
    Some people really like flavor. Occasionally subsisting on nutrient paste just doesn't feel the same as eating a steak. I get that flavor isn't for everyone, but I doubt removing all cosmetic indicators from the game would be appealing either. Nobody want to log in, queue to fight modestly sized blue checked box boss #7, initiate combat using an attack sequence of abilities 1-7 with a 13 beat repeat coda intermittently, and collect item level 630 slot 7 gear either.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotrip View Post
    I've been out of the loop for a while. Has anything new been said on the idea of subraces within the past few months? I want my dark iron dwarves and brown orcs...
    Nothing until the model update is 100% complete, then they will move on to additional customization options, including sub races (if they do choose to implement sub races)

When WoD launches, and all the new models are complete, I'm going to do 20 new edits, representing 2 sub races for every race, in the same format I did the Human one, and kind of build a more comprehensive subrace concept then the random mess of pictures that I have now lol

And yes trolls will come soon I've just been busy with things!
    You just lost The Game

Woot, looking forward that
    'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

15+ Year Old Account
    Nothing until the model update is 100% complete, then they will move on to additional customization options, including sub races (if they do choose to implement sub races)

When WoD launches, and all the new models are complete, I'm going to do 20 new edits, representing 2 sub races for every race, in the same format I did the Human one, and kind of build a more comprehensive subrace concept then the random mess of pictures that I have now lol

And yes trolls will come soon I've just been busy with things!
    Two sub races for reach race? I can't imagine one fully fleshed out sub race for all of them, let alone two. I guess if you count other tribes then things like Grimtotem tauren and Wildhammer dwarves, but other than that?

Sig by Isilrien

Quote Originally Posted by snuzzle View Post
    Two sub races for reach race? I can't imagine one fully fleshed out sub race for all of them, let alone two. I guess if you count other tribes then things like Grimtotem tauren and Wildhammer dwarves, but other than that?
    Using your two examples I can think of Wildhammer and dark iron Dwarves. Taunka and Yaungol Tauren.

To recap.

We know for a fact certain ethnic lore groups have been updated with new skins and textures for NPCs. Updated Wildhammer and Dark Iron skins have been datamined as well as a number of other classic examples.

We know for a fact in CATA's beta Wildhammer tattoos were enabled for player use for about a week, and all grey skinned looking dwarf skins were changed to force all dwarf player models to have red eye coloring, which had a lot of people asking why their dwarf suddenly had red eyes. A blue said it was to represent the Dark Irons joining the Ironforge alliance of clans. We know Robinson and Ghostcrawler have both addressed the issue as something they want and plan to do, but there is no official word on how or when.

Robinson has spoken of a possible content patch after release of WOD expanding player customization regarding hair, tattoos, and other idiosyncratic decorations. I imagine this would be the perfect time to put the updated ethnic NPC skins up for player use where it makes sense.
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mammu2u View Post
    Using your two examples I can think of Wildhammer and dark iron Dwarves. Taunka and Yaungol Tauren.
    I suppose, but I thought for the sub races they'd be trying to stick with the original model, not make entirely new ones, which they would have to do with Taunka and Yaungol.

Sig by Isilrien

Quote Originally Posted by mammu2u View Post
    The problem with that is that Yaungol would require an entirely new model. They aren't IMO going to enable sub par animation quality and go backwards in progress just for the sake of having options. They may look good polygon wise compared to the vanilla models, but they need to have Pandaren era animation quality. So your best bet for any customization option in this area is in skins. 2 dimensional image files, not custom models. Unless they go the extra mile for NPCs and reanimate them, this is a problem a lot of people don't seem to consider just because the current options are "good enough" it seems like.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by snuzzle View Post
    I suppose, but I thought for the sub races they'd be trying to stick with the original model, not make entirely new ones, which they would have to do with Taunka and Yaungol.
    Indeed. We've seen updated work for NPCs, but so far it just seems to be in texture work as far as I know and not universally.
    Ironborn Dwarves would be so awesome, but they would be a step backwards in animation quality.