Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Starting to doubt Blizzard

    This post wont be for everyone it just my personal feelings toward development and class balance and is primarily PvP related.

    I've played Priest for the last 7 years as my main, love the class love the design and all around enjoy playing him. My problem is that pvp balance and the way Shadow is treated has just become unbearable. I never thought I would be the guy to quit my main, but this last week its exactly what ive done. And now im question whether or not I will buy the Xpac at all. I know some will say just play your reroll or reroll again. For me its not that easy as i love my priest and have achieved many things with my priest and essentially feel the most confident playing my priest.

    A few things about Shadow that has me extremely concerned.

    1. 0 survival, theres not one meleewho cant tunnel visison kill a sp
    2. only class in the game who cant use there shiny new lvl 87 spell in pvp. Fair right?
    3. blizz recently made a post saying they thought shadow was fine. (this one hurts the most, because they are either blind or dont care.)
    4. A lot of people QQ the cast on the move thing. This doesn't bother me im a vanilla player when no range could cast on the fly like they do now. I'm a believe caster should hard cast, but to make this work they would have to cut back the amount of control and mobility of Melee or we would never get a cast off, which is something Sp's struggle with atm.
    5. orb generating. Grat idea when launched i loved it. In pvp it doesnt work because only 1 spell generate orbs and we can never hard cast it. My fix would be to have Mind spike also gen orbs this would help big time and make FdcL appealing again

    There are many more things that i think need to be tweeked, but i rather not drone on. Thanks for listening to me vent. Hope to see you all ion the Xpac, maybe.

  2. #2
    I see a lot of complaints that would have been appropriate at the beginning of an expansion. As it is so much is changing with the next expansion you might be better served to see what your character looks like in WoD than at the tail end of an expansion... Not to mention PvP has been busted in WoW for a while. So much so that it's not a legitimate e-sport...

  3. #3
    I disagree somewhat, Vegas. The end of an expansion is supposed to be the time where everyone shines, having scaled well beyond the developers intentions. If there's ever a time to "feel spoiled" about your class, it should be at the end.

    What you suggest is a pitfall. You don't complain while changes are in-progress and then complain after they've been made.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Guinnezz View Post
    This post wont be for everyone it just my personal feelings toward development and class balance and is primarily PvP related.
    Culling the herd. Balance is not about being able to hold your own on PvP, at least not from a dev's point of view. Balance is more about giving all specs a chance to be fun, and that's easily measured by spec representation. During cataclysm shadow was a very popular spec, and starting MoP it was very strong on PvP. As a rule of thumb, if you find your spec is fun and enjoyable, it is less fun and enjoyable for other specs playing against you, and you should be waiting for nerfs anytime soon.

    Shadow was overnerfed, yes. It is very unlikely devs aren't aware of it. My bet is they did it, along with the whole warlock revamp and green fire quest, to buff warlock numbers, which were rather low by the end of cataclysm. It's the same reason why shaman are getting spotlight in WoD.
    Last edited by Dierdre; 2013-12-07 at 03:25 AM.

  5. #5
    Waaaiiiit...Shaman spotlight in WoD?

    You got some 'splainin' to do, Lucy.
    "When in doubt, slap it with your big Penance." - Naér, Stormreaver

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazzeh View Post
    Waaaiiiit...Shaman spotlight in WoD?

    You got some 'splainin' to do, Lucy.
    At least they hinted at it during a blizzcon interview, and it'd make perfect sense.

  7. #7
    Spriests are only as week as they are now because Warriors are so strong. I guarantee you if we had 5.2 warriors atm, spriests would still be on top.
    #blizzisevilebecausetheyarepreventingmefromenjoyingtheirproductswithapricetag #blizzardisprovidinganadditionalservicethatpeopleaskedforandthepeoplewhodidntaskforitarepi ssedbecausetheywanteverythinghandedtothemlikeentitledassholes #whydoessubwaycharge5bucksforasandwichwhenicouldeatmyneighborsdogshitforfree #mcdonaldsmakesenoughmoneyishouldgettheirfoodforfree

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    At least they hinted at it during a blizzcon interview, and it'd make perfect sense.
    That explained nothing. What are these hints?
    "When in doubt, slap it with your big Penance." - Naér, Stormreaver

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Boogums View Post
    Spriests are only as week as they are now because Warriors are so strong. I guarantee you if we had 5.2 warriors atm, spriests would still be on top.
    Not really, guess we'll see with the Intervene nerf though. Since they'll lose Mass Reflect, the only difference between 5.2 wars and 5.4 wars is the extra reflect and more damage, but their damage is still not that much compared to other classes.

    Regardless, SPriests are a lot better off than some. Just look at the ladder. 23 SPriests over 2100, compared to 7 Windwalker Monks, 10 Ret Paladins, 4 Balance Druids (and only 24 Ferals). Yes, SPriests need some changes, but they're far from the worst.

  10. #10
    Its Kalgan nurfing because his Shaman got owned like back in Vanilla....I just know some noob developer or game designer got owned by a Shadow Priest in low level BG and he decided they must be OP at 90!!!

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Boogums View Post
    Spriests are only as week as they are now because Warriors are so strong. I guarantee you if we had 5.2 warriors atm, spriests would still be on top.
    This. Just because a hard counter happens to be good at the moment does not mean your class is weak. Shadow has been sick for a long time.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Guinnezz View Post
    blizz recently made a post saying they thought shadow was fine. (this one hurts the most, because they are either blind or dont care.)
    This is what got me worried too. But looking things in a different light, I realized that this is just their recent policy about every class in order to manage expectations. As you may have noticed, they are trying to put up a more conservative face this time around given that they fear of constant change being a de-motivator for many people.

    In other words, I believe that they will give SPs a good look, at least a really good one compared to most classes.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Spazzeh View Post
    Waaaiiiit...Shaman spotlight in WoD?
    Could be "lore" spotlight. For instance, Warlocks had nothing to do with MoP in terms of theme and there they were. Revamp.

  13. #13
    Bloodsail Admiral Frmercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Probably Sleeping
    Posts
    1,082
    Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Could be "lore" spotlight.
    Velen... well he exists. Maybe Priest stuff?

    Waiting for more than Human-form Nafarian Shadowform lore figures.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Frmercury View Post
    Velen... well he exists. Maybe Priest stuff?

    Waiting for more than Human-form Nafarian Shadowform lore figures.
    I believe that lore-wise we'll figure out how the Light is defined in the WoW universe as an element apart from a form of faith. By understanding that, we will eventually have more to look into related to the Shadow. Additionally, I think that we will be seeing some Anduin Wrynn development, like how he will develop a darker side like it is shown in his Hearthstone card.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Could be "lore" spotlight.
    Yes, they commented on this when asked about more quests like the green fire quest. The official stance so far has been no class revamps for WoD, just a bit of still unannounced tweaking to hunter and rogue specs.

  16. #16
    The new Alliance "hero" (Yrel?) is also supposedly a Priest that goes Paladin.

    Cataclysm was generous to Shaman lore-wise.

    And if they expect "lore" to get people to re-roll to a specific class, they are certainly delusional. It's all about being OP and/or class-specific Legendaries.
    "When in doubt, slap it with your big Penance." - Naér, Stormreaver

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazzeh View Post
    The new Alliance "hero" (Yrel?) is also supposedly a Priest that goes Paladin.
    Maybe they want to show that if one break the balance between light and darkness in favor of the Light, he/she eventually becomes a Paladin(zealot). I think we will get lots of Priest lore from Anduin and Velen. Plus the origins of the Light and maybe the Shadow as a surprise gift.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Guinnezz View Post
    2. only class in the game who cant use there shiny new lvl 87 spell in pvp. Fair right?
    Death Knights can't use their level 80 ability and Paladins can't use a level 16 ability in pvp. I don't see the issue. At least 2 of the 3 specs can still use your 87 ability.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Frmercury View Post
    Velen... well he exists. Maybe Priest stuff?
    Does he? Maybe in past Draenor he isn't playing checkers with Greymane. Let's hope so. It'd also be nice to get some explanation as to why he just didn't give a rat's ass about Garrosh. It's a sad sad day when Mechatorque saves your ass and the mighty prophet Velen is nowhere to be seen.

  20. #20
    Bloodsail Admiral Frmercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Probably Sleeping
    Posts
    1,082
    Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    Does he? Maybe in past Draenor he isn't playing checkers with Greymane. Let's hope so. It'd also be nice to get some explanation as to why he just didn't give a rat's ass about Garrosh. It's a sad sad day when Mechatorque saves your ass and the mighty prophet Velen is nowhere to be seen.
    Apparently in the lore books he was lost in contemplation during Cata only snapping out of it when Anduin called him out over an incident where civilians were killed by Exodar guards. He was called to come to Anduin's aid by Varian but he didn't show? All in all he's been very MIA since BC.

    Want Shadowform Anduin this xpac. Like bad. They spent an entire xpac showing his tempered personality now I want some Wynn fire out of the man!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •