Page 1 of 22
... LastLast
    Deleted

'I personally have trouble looking at a dude's butt for so long'

The reason behind guys playing female characters is often 'I don't want to look at a guys bottom' but honestly I really don't understand the reasoning. I mean I am a gay guy and as such don't particularly enjoy ogling womens bottoms but that in no way transcends into virtual worlds and dictates my decision regarding character genders in video games. Saying 'I am uncomfortable looking at the pixelated bottom of a member of the same sex' just seems like sexual insecurity. Also why are you looking at your characters bum anyway?
    Last edited by mmoc1f234b9ee4; 2013-12-07 at 02:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Methinks it is just an excuse to make a virtual lady to ogle while waiting for queues.

But as a gay guy as well, I also don't mind looking at virtual male bottoms.

Uh, because the butt is literally right in the middle of my screen and that I like looking at female posteriors if given the chance?
    Nothing ever bothers Juular.

I also never really got that argument.
    Why are people staring at their char's bum?
    Anyway I play both male and female charachters and people can play whatever they want, just seems like a wierd thing to reason their choices with that argument.
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

If you spend all your time looking at your characters arse, you are playing it wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    I make a character for aesthetic reasons based on the class and overall appearance.

I never see a butt there, since 90% of the time there's a cloak. and 99.9% of the time I have somewhere else to be looking. How do you notice your character's attributes in the middle of a boss?
    The goddess in my avatar is Hayley Williams.

Deleted
    My playing a female character has nothing to do with what kind of ass I like to stare at. I'm not sure why THAT is how people decide what kind of character to play in a game with WoW's graphics.

Deleted
    I choose the gender of my chars by their animations mostly. So no, the reason is not always "I don't want to look at a guys bottom".

Maybe you are the one who is insecure and therefor are sensible to this subject? Maybe you are secretly hetero?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Holtzmann View Post
    Uh, because the butt is literally right in the middle of my screen and that I like looking at female posteriors if given the chance?
    Except it isn't unless you're zoomed up close, but even then it's hidden by armour... Hell it's near impossible to notice a shape period

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ryva View Post
    I choose the gender of my chars by their animations mostly. So no, the reason is not always "I don't want to look at a guys bottom".

Maybe you are the one who is insecure and therefor are sensible to this subject? Maybe you are secretly hetero?
    Defensive much?

Deleted
    I don't have time to look at my character's butt, actually i can't since I have my cloak turned on almost the full time. I never understood that reason for rolling a female character.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    The reason behind guys playing female characters is always 'I don't want to look at a guys bottom' but honestly I really don't understand the reasoning. I mean I am a gay guy and as such don't particularly enjoy ogling womens bottoms but that in no way transcends into virtual worlds and dictates my decision regarding character genders in video games. Saying 'I am uncomfortable looking at the pixelated bottom of a member of the same sex' just seems like sexual insecurity. Also why are you looking at your characters bum anyway?
    because it was an argument given to people too dumb to understand real reasons why one may prefer and be comfortable playing opposite sex characters. Usually people who question are the insecure ones who have to basically interrogate someone for playing a female as male and vice versa. It gets tiring to deal with and as soon as you here "isn't that a bit weird" or similar comments you know the person you are talking to is too insecure to ever see a reasonable argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

The moment I sit down to play any RPG, I become my character for a short while.
    Wanting to stare at your own butt is pretty messed up, if you ask me.

Deleted
    Except it isn't unless you're zoomed up close, but even then it's hidden by armour... Hell it's near impossible to notice a shape period

- - - Updated - - -

Defensive much?
    Dodging much?

Deleted
    A lot of it depends on whether you identify with your character, if you see it as your avatar, or if (like me) you see it as a chess piece - if it is well made you admire the form regardless of the sex it represents. This goes so far that I have no problems (as a heterosexual male) playing female characters on a RP server.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always play female characters in RPGs if I have the choice because I think there are too few female heroes in everything.

Deleted
    I don't care if somebody chooses to play a female, that's not the topic. The topic is about the bottom defence

Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    The moment I sit down to play any RPG, I become my character for a short while.
    Wanting to stare at your own butt is pretty messed up, if you ask me.
    But my butt is so FABULOUS!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryva View Post
    Dodging much?
    It's not dodging. The OP specifically mentioned this particular reason to roll a specific gender character. If there is another reason (like animations), then this reason is simply not there. Therefore, OP's accusation isn't aimed at you.

Logic.

I keep my cloak invisible. Also, you don't play female dwarves, do you? :P

I kid, I kid. I actually play a mix of female and male characters. I pick races based on their aesthetics (yes, including the butt :P), and it just so happens a lot of the male models clash against my tastes. I couldn't play a male Tauren if they paid me, for example. But my main characters include a female dwarf hunter, a male human mage, a male troll warlock and a male goblin warrior, because their visuals match my idea of the characters.
    Nothing ever bothers Juular.

Deleted
    The reason behind guys playing female characters is always 'I don't want to look at a guys bottom' but honestly I really don't understand the reasoning.
    The reasoning is saying the truth, i.e. "I like looking at female cartoonish pixelated butts", makes you look slightly creepy and as if you don't see many actual female butts in real life therefore diminishing your manliness.