Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    If a gay man, and a gay woman, have sex, are they still gay?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles Worth View Post
    If a gay man, and a gay woman, have sex, are they still gay?
    Wow thats off topic, but yes and no. If they didn't have any attraction, yes. If they did, then no, they'd be bisexual.

I can't believe this needed a 21 page long thread. Then again some people have yet to realize how big 2D is becoming over 3D.

Deleted
    GC was actively involved in the community, so he's likely seen people give that reason for playing female characters time and time again. I get the feeling he was having a little dig at the people who say that rather than actually speaking for himself literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Wow thats off topic, but yes and no. If they didn't have any attraction, yes. If they did, then no, they'd be bisexual.
    According to Yahoo! Answers, endless source of knowledge lost to the ages, gay men can't get women pregnant. So obviously, if there's baby, there's proof.

I think we'd enjoy ourselves far more in this thread if we had a laugh at silly stuff, instead of the random attacks that seem to be happening here, for such a trivial topic!

15+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes you identify with character, and make him the same gender, and as similar to your fantasy self as possible. Sometimes, you just like to stare at a chick in plate bikini. I have characters for both these purposes.

Always found it really creepy when people say this. Why can't they just say they find them more attractive? I'd rather not know if the people I see in game, especially Ghostcrawler, are literally running their toon around just to build themselves up for a huge masturbation session.

Question, what about rolling a Warlock, just to have a succubus pet?

Deleted
    When I saw the title I thought this thread was going to be full of drummer jokes

This was totally a topic worth getting banned for.

Har.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

10+ Year Old Account
    GC - Trolling wow players even to the end.

He knew it would get this response and you fell right into it.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    When I play wow, the last thing I want to look at is my character's butt. I mean seriously - wow models are so old that just thinking fantasizing on it makes me feel awkward.

I have characters of both gender as I tend to classify the character personality with the class. For instance, I tend to do a Blood Elf Female for Rogue, while I make a Human Male for Paladin. I'd rather do a Female Troll warrior and an Undead Male warlock. It's all about the personality, not the butt.

For people that are uncomfortable playing something just because of their butt or sexuality, I feel sorry for you. Some games don't give you the choice and I'm glad this doesn't affect me in any way.

15+ Year Old Account
    As a gay male I don't get how anyone gets anything out of either gender's bottoms or why it's an issue - their asses are all pixel blocks. I mean, almost all of my character are male trolls, so you have to ask "What ass?". They... don't really have one. But then again, neither do most races.

It amazes me how many straight men don't prefer looking at the female silhouette...
    Last edited by iperson; 2013-12-08 at 02:33 AM.

Personally I can't even tell what my avatar looks like 90% of the time because I play at max distance (with cvars set to allow even more than the interface options allow).

So even if I wanted to say I roll x gender because I prefer looking at y butt I'd be lying
    Truth be told I pick my toons gender based on what I believe 'fits their role' better.
    I'm not a roleplayer but for some reason I find female druids (any role), male tanks (plate wearers) and female healers (any class) to fit the "personality" I want my avatar to have better so I roll accordingly.
    I'm male iRL, my main is male (it's a tank) my alts (that are played) are more females than males.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iperson View Post
    It amazes me how many straight men don't prefer looking at the female silhouette...
    Female Cartoon =/= Female Human

You know chimps, our closest real relatives as a species, have genders as well, right? Are you attracted to female chimps?

Most of the time it's just an excuse to play female without the possibility of being accused of "are you gay" or "girly"

You rarely see girls playing male toons needing to come up with similar defense.

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    Most of the time it's just an excuse to play female without the possibility of being accused of "are you gay" or "girly"

You rarely see girls playing male toons needing to come up with similar defense.
    They are too busy convincing people they are really a girl, or keeping their mouth shut so they don't get accused of using their feminine wiles (such as talking, sleeping or pooping I think). Even after that, they have to field such questions as "will you say my name on vent" to even get around to responding to questions about their character.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    The reason behind guys playing female characters is often 'I don't want to look at a guys bottom' but honestly I really don't understand the reasoning. I mean I am a gay guy and as such don't particularly enjoy ogling womens bottoms but that in no way transcends into virtual worlds and dictates my decision regarding character genders in video games. Saying 'I am uncomfortable looking at the pixelated bottom of a member of the same sex' just seems like sexual insecurity. Also why are you looking at your characters bum anyway?
    Here is my question on this. You walk into your friends's room. He has a poster of a guy, a sport star, on the wall. What do you think his reason is for hanging the poster?

Suppose then, instead of poster of a sport star, there is a picture of a naked girl on the wall. What do you think his reason is for hanging the poster?

People have their own reason for their decision. It may not necessary be the same as yours. Just leave it as that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    The reason behind guys playing female characters is often 'I don't want to look at a guys bottom' but honestly I really don't understand the reasoning. I mean I am a gay guy and as such don't particularly enjoy ogling womens bottoms but that in no way transcends into virtual worlds and dictates my decision regarding character genders in video games. Saying 'I am uncomfortable looking at the pixelated bottom of a member of the same sex' just seems like sexual insecurity. Also why are you looking at your characters bum anyway?
    What is the ratio anyhow of people who play with it zoomed far out vs those who play with it very close? Am I wrong in believing that most play with it zoomed out pretty far? Esp considering all the videos and screen shots I've seen online over time and the physical character barely exists in most of them. I mean seriously then, unless someone plays with it pretty close like I do, what butt are you even looking at?? If most played zoomed out then the butt theory is pretty flimsy.