Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ...
    Most of the time it's just an excuse to play female without the possibility of being accused of "are you gay" or "girly"

You rarely see girls playing male toons needing to come up with similar defense.

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    Most of the time it's just an excuse to play female without the possibility of being accused of "are you gay" or "girly"

You rarely see girls playing male toons needing to come up with similar defense.
    They are too busy convincing people they are really a girl, or keeping their mouth shut so they don't get accused of using their feminine wiles (such as talking, sleeping or pooping I think). Even after that, they have to field such questions as "will you say my name on vent" to even get around to responding to questions about their character.
    now taking suggestions for a new cartoon signature.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    The reason behind guys playing female characters is often 'I don't want to look at a guys bottom' but honestly I really don't understand the reasoning. I mean I am a gay guy and as such don't particularly enjoy ogling womens bottoms but that in no way transcends into virtual worlds and dictates my decision regarding character genders in video games. Saying 'I am uncomfortable looking at the pixelated bottom of a member of the same sex' just seems like sexual insecurity. Also why are you looking at your characters bum anyway?
    Here is my question on this. You walk into your friends's room. He has a poster of a guy, a sport star, on the wall. What do you think his reason is for hanging the poster?

Suppose then, instead of poster of a sport star, there is a picture of a naked girl on the wall. What do you think his reason is for hanging the poster?

People have their own reason for their decision. It may not necessary be the same as yours. Just leave it as that.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    The reason behind guys playing female characters is often 'I don't want to look at a guys bottom' but honestly I really don't understand the reasoning. I mean I am a gay guy and as such don't particularly enjoy ogling womens bottoms but that in no way transcends into virtual worlds and dictates my decision regarding character genders in video games. Saying 'I am uncomfortable looking at the pixelated bottom of a member of the same sex' just seems like sexual insecurity. Also why are you looking at your characters bum anyway?
    What is the ratio anyhow of people who play with it zoomed far out vs those who play with it very close? Am I wrong in believing that most play with it zoomed out pretty far? Esp considering all the videos and screen shots I've seen online over time and the physical character barely exists in most of them. I mean seriously then, unless someone plays with it pretty close like I do, what butt are you even looking at?? If most played zoomed out then the butt theory is pretty flimsy.

I guess the next question to ask is.. "So what if you're looking at a butt?"

I consider a person's butt to be no more sexualized or taboo than a person's muscles, chest, hair, eyes.... Does it really, I mean really matter if, in a virtual world, you're stuck looking at any gender's butt?

I mean, how often do I find myself staring deeply into my character's eyes?
    Proud defender of Animal Rights, vegetarian, donor + volunteer
    "It is a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done" - Harriet Beecher Stowe

I make more female avatars then male because they are smaller and I want more space in my screen...as Horde this is especially true with ORCS. Also I like how armor looks on females more than males...especially with orcs as they have HUGE shoulders that take up too much visual space. My cape is always covering the chars butts, and I don't look at the front of the char much so it isn't due to sexy reasons I play females over males...its size and armor size.

I've played only males since day one and have not once found myself looking at my character's ass. I think that whole excuse is a load of shit honestly.
    Mighty one, never forget.

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Female Cartoon =/= Female Human

You know chimps, our closest real relatives as a species, have genders as well, right? Are you attracted to female chimps?
    I'm not exactly sure what the point is you're trying to make. 7-10 million years of evolution separate us. Is your argument that humans haven't evolved that much in that time? Do you have trouble differentiating between the silhouette of a human female and a chimp?

http://image.shutterstock.com/displa...-123448567.jpg

If you're a straight human male and your eyes aren't drawn to the images on the top then well, I find that more than a little odd. We're not talking about sexual arousal, which seems to be the average 12 year old mindset when discussing the topic. We're talking about a simple preference as to what is more pleasing to the eye, the male or the female form.

Oh, and since you seem to have trouble differentiating between humans and chimps here's a chimp silhouette. I can see how you'd get them confused...

http://www.vinylsilhouettes.com/images/chimpanzee2.gif

This seems to have gone about as far as it can go and has mostly...not completely but mostly...derailed since my warning. So I'll close this now in an effort to further limit the damage.
    If you have anything to contribute to a thread topic, please do so. Discussing moderation or calling out specific people is against the rules and makes a post liable for an infraction. Please report problem posts. If anyone is unclear about the rules please read our FAQ. Thanks.

It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy...let's go exploring!