Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    The Lightbringer Speaknoevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Posts
    3,934
    Quote Originally Posted by Egoism View Post
    I thank you for your understanding, may your life be full of cuddles.
    Maybe I should have underlined emotionally.

  2. #42
    Epic!
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Stockholm
    Posts
    1,664
    Quote Originally Posted by Egoism View Post
    Partner's partner.
    Cheers. I realize I could've simply googled it, but I'm overly social today. I also take it it's a flexible thing, with hetero's, bi's, homo's, robots and undecided's mingling pretty much (assuming current partner's approve) FFA?
    Sabïna of Whipe @ Frostmane EU, no longer playing. Youtube Channel
    ----> Diablo 3, 1-60 in 15 minutes /played

  3. #43
    Immortal Quetzl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Mass, US
    Posts
    7,010
    Quote Originally Posted by Egoism View Post
    Religion is no argument, it has always supported polyamoury, as long as men were the shared party, dat institutionalized sexism.

    STDs are no argument, I encourage you to learn the difference between casual sex with multiple partners, and polyamoury.
    Religion sort of promoted polyamory. But religion changed when economic systems changed, and the nuclear family was more economically viable and socially stable because it allowed for a greater extent of control over a populace while homogenizing economic ability

  4. #44
    High Overlord Iapetus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    A small box in the back of your closet.
    Posts
    147
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphtheone View Post
    Cheers. I realize I could've simply googled it, but I'm overly social today. I also take it it's a flexible thing, with hetero's, bi's, homo's, robots and undecided's mingling pretty much (assuming current partner's approve) FFA?
    Varies on a person to person basis. Unless I'm not understanding the question.
    Sexual orientation dictates who you would date no more or less than it would in a monogamous relationship.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    Maybe I should have underlined emotionally.
    Now I has a sad.

  6. #46
    Epic!
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Stockholm
    Posts
    1,664
    Quote Originally Posted by Iapetus View Post
    Varies on a person to person basis. Unless I'm not understanding the question.
    Sexual orientation dictates who you would date no more or less than it would in a monogamous relationship.
    Yeah, sorry, I think I was unclear. I meant, for instance, a hetero with a bi, who's with a homo, who's with a pan, who's with an a, who's with an a-curious, who's with a... etc. Like links on a chain, all of different colors as long as the links tied together match or are relateable. There are more sexual preferences in humanity than there are colors in the rainbow.

    Ever seen Startrek Enterprise? Like with Dr. Flock's species, can't remember the name?
    Sabïna of Whipe @ Frostmane EU, no longer playing. Youtube Channel
    ----> Diablo 3, 1-60 in 15 minutes /played

  7. #47
    Titan Nixx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    ooo es eh
    Posts
    12,502
    Quote Originally Posted by Natiry427 View Post
    I never thought I would ever come to tears on MMO - C. You have o idea what it's like to have HIV and I certainly hope you never do. The effect it has had on my life is terrible, destroying me ever day, and you would still write something so ignorant as you did above. Good day, sir.
    This isn't actually a refutation of what he said.

    Quote Originally Posted by Iapetus View Post
    Varies on a person to person basis. Unless I'm not understanding the question.
    Sexual orientation dictates who you would date no more or less than it would in a monogamous relationship.
    Surprised to see you lowering yourself to posting here.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Egoism View Post
    In a modern world, it seems silly that the public views polyamoury the way it still does.

    I've always been polyamourous, I've been open about it with my partners, girlfriends, etc. It has never caused any problems for me, because all my relationships have been built upon mutual honesty and trust.

    Yet when this comes up in conversation, I always get judged as a slut, or a cheater, it is not fair I tells ya!
    Assuming you dislike being called a slut, why do you allow people to discuss your business?

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    Assuming you dislike being called a slut, why do you allow people to discuss your business?
    polyamory =/= slut. Just mean you have more than 1 meaningful relationship at a time. I have a friend that has a bf and a gf, all 3 are perfectly happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak
    don't get mad at me because I didn't know you were a transethnic genderqueer otherkin neo-communist conservative tumblrist.
    Quote Originally Posted by sibut
    Just put Howard on the border patrol squad, because nothing gets past him.

  10. #50
    High Overlord Iapetus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    A small box in the back of your closet.
    Posts
    147
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Surprised to see you lowering yourself to posting here.
    I saw the thread from the front page and thought "I know some stuff about that!"

    I should also upload my avatar and drive people into a tizzy over me "stealing" your avatar since you seem to have established yourself here.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    polyamory =/= slut. Just mean you have more than 1 meaningful relationship at a time. I have a friend that has a bf and a gf, all 3 are perfectly happy.
    I didn't say polyamory = slut. I asked why OP discussed personal matters despite disliking the outcome.

  12. #52
    Titan Nixx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    ooo es eh
    Posts
    12,502
    Quote Originally Posted by Iapetus View Post
    I saw the thread from the front page and thought "I know some stuff about that!"

    I should also upload my avatar and drive people into a tizzy over me "stealing" your avatar since you seem to have established yourself here.
    That's how it starts. Next thing you know it's 3am and people are still being wrong.

    I'm still waiting for the Priestpile cartoon tbh. My Little Priesty: Camaraderie is Miraculous

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    That's how it starts. Next thing you know it's 3am and people are still being wrong.
    Wait, the last thing I know is that it was 3am. What the fuck day is it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    If anybody is thinking of buying me a gift I would much rather they just donate that money to charity instead.
    cheese fondue

  14. #54
    Titan Nixx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    ooo es eh
    Posts
    12,502
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Wait, the last thing I know is that it was 3am. What the fuck day is it?
    It's Saturday. Which Saturday exactly I won't tell you.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    It's Saturday. Which Saturday exactly I won't tell you.
    I have about 52 Saturdays to choose from. Let's call it... today. That should work for any Saturday. Any day, even. Alright, I'm out before I nod off and hurt myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    If anybody is thinking of buying me a gift I would much rather they just donate that money to charity instead.
    cheese fondue

  16. #56
    Scarab Lord Satan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Medellín, Colombia
    Posts
    4,702
    Only if it is consensual and everybody is aware I guess. Not my cup of tea.
    pro-gun liberal

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    I didn't say polyamory = slut. I asked why OP discussed personal matters despite disliking the outcome.
    Because I don't shy away from conversation.

  18. #58
    Because of family. No one likes people of either gender who just sleep around. They arent dependable and arent mother/father material. There are other reasons for it too. No one really likes to share their partners. Or if they dont mind, the relationship isnt that serious or is one sided. Most men who are ok with polygamy if they can have multiple wives suddenly have a problem if their wives also have multiple husbands.

    And if this really was a thing ad could work, how would you imagine a family them? A whole country? Your 5 wives have 5 husbands each who also have 5 wives each and so on.. each of them with at least 1-2 children..

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    Because of family. No one likes people of either gender who just sleep around. They arent dependable and arent mother/father material. There are other reasons for it too. No one really likes to share their partners. Or if they dont mind, the relationship isnt that serious or is one sided. Most men who are ok with polygamy if they can have multiple wives suddenly have a problem if their wives also have multiple husbands.

    And if this really was a thing ad could work, how would you imagine a family them? A whole country? Your 5 wives have 5 husbands each who also have 5 wives each and so on.. each of them with at least 1-2 children..
    Three things, Polyamoury is not "sleeping around", not everyone wants children, and your example presents no real problem, maybe it would confuse you, but that is your issue. You're also using one hell of a slippery slope fallacy.

    Polyamoury just means more than ONE relationship, not 5. Even so, if I did have 5, why do you care?

    Don't insult my chicken sandwich, simply because you like BLTs.

  20. #60
    Legendary! Xanjori's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sweland
    Posts
    6,490
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    No one likes people of either gender who just sleep around...
    Speak for yourself, just because you have issues with it due to a conservative upbringing doesn't mean that the rest of the world does.
    [08:44:11] Kurioxan: as long they get big im alright with that

    http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=MMOC-GenOT

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •