Whether coming back to the game or not?

Hello guys, I got a few question I'd like to ask to the SWTOR Community, if it still exists...

I am so bored with games right now, the only thing i currently play is LoL, and it starts to bore me when you play games all day. I started to think about SWTOR, and I was wondering if I should try out the game once more?

First question. I love when I have so many players to play with and I was wondering how many players/subscribers SWTOR currently has?
    Second question. Is SWTOR as addicting as it was at launch? I had so much fun untill I dinged lvl 50, then the end game was crap. I was so depressed, and i now ask if there is enough end game content?
    Third Question. Whats up with the FOM classes? Is it so unbalanced as in WoW, or have they made a good PvP experience?

Thanks guys, please discuss and answer!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheerzo View Post
    I started to think about SWTOR, and I was wondering if I should try out the game once more?
    Yes! You should at least give it a new chance as it's now free-to-play : you have nothing to lose
    I would advise subscribing if you intend to get serious with the game, though.

First question. I love when I have so many players to play with and I was wondering how many players/subscribers SWTOR currently has?
    Only thing we know for certain is that SWTOR has more than 500k subscribers as Bioware stated that they needed that many to stay profitable.
    If you include the F2P players, I'm pretty sure we're above the million.

Second question. Is SWTOR as addicting as it was at launch? I had so much fun untill I dinged lvl 50, then the end game was crap. I was so depressed, and i now ask if there is enough end game content?
    From what I see, it seems that you enjoyed the story very much.
    Since then, they added some new story arcs (Makeb, CZ-198, Oricon...) but they won't keep you occupied very long. (one week, tops)
    End-game definitely improved since launch (Hard mode flashpoints, Nightmare mode operations, achievements...), there's plenty to do but it could still use some more improvement, in my opinion.

Third Question. Whats up with the FOM classes? Is it so unbalanced as in WoW, or have they made a good PvP experience?
    I believe the game is very well balanced if you compare it to WoW and that SWTOR PvP is very enjoyable

I just reinstalled and tried it, and as a former player (DPS Scoundrel) I can barely recognize it from before. Everything is just a prompt to get you to subscribe. It certainly doesn't help I like playing scrapper, which seems to still be in the toilet. It's just too different for me.

Are L55 scrappers not terribad in pvp? Are scoundrel DPS in pve still as unwanted as L50?
    Last edited by igniter; 2013-12-08 at 11:56 AM.

Sure, you should install.

Doesn't cost a penny, and you can decide at any time whether you want to commit, play every now and then, or not play at all. And then there's different ways in which you can commit, if that's what you want, so you can choose for yourself which one most suits your style.

If not, then not, which is perfectly understandable... But then, you lose no money on any kind of investment if you don't like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    lack of available names and boring starting zones is what puts me off making a new char plus you might aswell wait till they implement the new space combat thing

Bioware has managed to turn a profit by selling stuff in game like skins and XP boost packs and allow you to sell them after xx hours for in game credits. I hate the cut scenes in dungeons because I have already seen them a million times and I can't stand it any more.

PvP and PvE queue times are good so that is a positives but the UI, action and talents have become outdated especially if you play WoW. I no longer want to be forced up a tree and forced to get talents I don't want just to get the really cool stuff all the way up the tree.

ToR of today would do well against WoW of TBC, but the world evolves and ToR has not addressed many of the issues that players had at launch especially about the talents and balance.

I still think they dumbed down melee game play too much with giving them a plethora of roots and snares...One build can root you for 12 sec last time I checked...Imagine 2 warriors on you, its chain CC and resolve will not save you.

They can not get the Sorcerer class right, healing or DPS builds...

In game performance graphically is poor and choppy..mind you I run WoW at high settings with excellent fps and ToR unless at the lowest setting I get a stuttering movement effect of my toon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    Bioware has managed to turn a profit by selling stuff in game like skins and XP boost packs and allow you to sell them after xx hours for in game credits. I hate the cut scenes in dungeons because I have already seen them a million times and I can't stand it any more.

PvP and PvE queue times are good so that is a positives but the UI, action and talents have become outdated especially if you play WoW. I no longer want to be forced up a tree and forced to get talents I don't want just to get the really cool stuff all the way up the tree.

ToR of today would do well against WoW of TBC, but the world evolves and ToR has not addressed many of the issues that players had at launch especially about the talents and balance.

I still think they dumbed down melee game play too much with giving them a plethora of roots and snares...One build can root you for 12 sec last time I checked...Imagine 2 warriors on you, its chain CC and resolve will not save you.

They can not get the Sorcerer class right, healing or DPS builds...

In game performance graphically is poor and choppy..mind you I run WoW at high settings with excellent fps and ToR unless at the lowest setting I get a stuttering movement effect of my toon.
    Must be hard to play a mmo with a Commodore 64,the game isnt graphically poor or choppy.
    My advice?...get a new computer.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's F2P now.

I just got my partner into it and honestly the limitations on the F2P made us just pay to subscribe him. No trading, no daily FP bonus boxes, no rested xp, apparently no companion armor set for leaving Korriban (he didn't get it, I did) was frustrating. But it's still worth it. I've been subscribed since day 1 and when I really want some fun solo story leveling, SWTOR has it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    I run SWTOR at the highest graphic quality in Bootcamp on an iMac and have absolutely no issue.

Deleted
    Although performance has been enhanced a little since launch SWTOR is still resource hungry, if you have an off the shelf PC that is more than a couple of years old it will run a little choppy.

I ugraded my system last weekend and performance is a lot better now. Still, when I set shadows to high and turn around, the scene is not smooth - although it shows an fps of about 70-80. Setting shadows to low (and everything else to high) gives me around 100 fps and turning is smooth. At the moment, I suspect that the low graphics memory is my bottle neck (768 MB - I didn't upgrade my graphics card)...

Mounting and dismounting also still has a short delay (though this is much lower than before with an older CPU).

(my specs: i5 4670k, 8GB RAM at 1600 MHz, GTX 460 w/ 768 GB - and using a RAM disk for SWTORs DiskCache)

Quote Originally Posted by nyyr View Post
    I ugraded my system last weekend and performance is a lot better now. Still, when I set shadows to high and turn around, the scene is not smooth - although it shows an fps of about 70-80. Setting shadows to low (and everything else to high) gives me around 100 fps and turning is smooth. At the moment, I suspect that the low graphics memory is my bottle neck (768 MB - I didn't upgrade my graphics card)...

Mounting and dismounting also still has a short delay (though this is much lower than before with an older CPU).

(my specs: i5 4670k, 8GB RAM at 1600 MHz, GTX 460 w/ 768 GB - and using a RAM disk for SWTORs DiskCache)
    Turn Shadows and Bloom off, both are huge resource hogs for a barley noticeable difference after a few hours you wont even notice that the shadows are missing.

I played at launch together with a buddy; he quit mid-level, 36 or so, and I kept going to 50 on my Sith Warrior and then to 50 on a Jedi Knight.

Following that, I grew bored of the game at endgame, and as a returning player now, I have to say the game is much better.

The entire game from start to finish feels much more polished, the changes to commendations allows for better gearing, the introduction of achievements, reputation and group finder allows for faster levelling and allows for more variation and so on.

The game in its current state should have been the launch format; we now have dailies, gear tiers at endgame, a polished levelling experience, more and better endgame content, new warzone formats, group finder, more reward systems, Legacy, achievements, reputations and factions and so on.

It has alot to do with being absent for such a long time, but if you're returning from a long hiatus you'll probably be able to enjoy the game for a long while, especially if you're limited in your gameplay time per day, since finishing the content will take a long time. Personally, I can't wait to get to endgame, gear up my characters and companions, finish dailies and weeklies and gather rewards. I look forward to the treadmill.

All in all; yes, it's worth getting back into the game, the endgame however is not much different than WoW, and if you're looking for a game for gearing up and advancing regardless of universe and atmosphere, then you might aswell get back into WoW instead because of how much more refined it is, but if you're looking for a story to enjoy aswell in a casual pace and enjoy Star Wars, then get back into TOR.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrianoz View Post
    we now have dailies, gear tiers at endgame, a polished levelling experience,
    There were always dailies & tiers of gear at launch. Dailies have been on fleet, Belsavis and Ilum since launch, and they're still hilariously profitable ebcause they didn't cut the rewards on maxed characters when level cap went up. Furthermore, I would argue that dailies aren't a plus or even a feature, especially in light of WoW and many other MMOs trying to repackage or migrate away from them entirely; meanwhile SWTOR is piling in more an more, demonstrating just how far behind the times they are in development and mindset.

The only thing that's changed about levelling is cutting the total amount needed to level across the board, plus boosts and the subscriber nerf even farther.

Hello guys, I got a few question I'd like to ask to the SWTOR Community, if it still exists...

I am so bored with games right now, the only thing i currently play is LoL, and it starts to bore me when you play games all day. I started to think about SWTOR, and I was wondering if I should try out the game once more?

Thanks guys, please discuss and answer!

I can talk about the how many players there are, most of the time on my fleet there are above 100 in just one channel sometimes 3 channels. I have seen almost 200 before in just channel one.

As far as hard numbers the last report we had I believe was about 5mo ago. They said that they have over 500,000 subs and around 1.7mil active F2P players. I just quit wow to come back to swtor just before Christmas. I took 3 friends with me and we are all subs. I am on a PvE server and there is still some PvP, however I am sure with all the F2P leveling and subs leveling alts that there is a ton of world PvP going on in a PvP server.