Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Gnomes are a joke race, nobody wants to see an xpac based on a joke.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post
    Gnomes are a joke race, nobody wants to see an xpac based on a joke.
    What does joke race mean?

Well, I for one think this could work. Put it on a newly discovered landmass on Draenor, or on the Moon, because why the hell not, and go highfantasy/sci-fi with it, putting the Gnomes and Draenei vs the Goblins and Blood Elves in an arms race to some amazing-balls titan facility.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    A race that seems like they would be added for comedy reasons rather than serious reasons.

Examples:
    Pandas
    Gnomes
    Ponies

The OP had me at gnomes. And tinkers.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    How do you get futuristic factory and marsh together?
    SSC was, well, let's face it, a fat load of machinery under a marsh. But we're talking about the Titans here, they could build a factory on a cloud if they wanted to.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    A race that seems like they would be added for comedy reasons rather than serious reasons.

Examples:
    Pandas
    Gnomes
    Ponies
    Then I think there are no joke races in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree. However, there will be a lot people who will see it as such. For those people, Gnomes are the laughingstock of the Alliance and Pandaren are the laughingstock of the game.

Deleted
    I certaintly wouldnt mind an expansion like this where Gnomes get more attention and a slightly more dangerous role in the lore. And I am all for a TINKER class that's for sure =)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fenixazul View Post
    "The Factory" , a world where the Titans build they creations like the robotic golems, the earthen and the stone mogus.

This world is an automated world, with a lot of bio machines that become crazy after the Titan left this world for some unknow reason
    Halls of Stone. It is a factory that makes golems, namely Iron Vrykul. They're all on Azeroth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Gotta stick goblins in there
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

15+ Year Old Account
    There are. Funny pink mustache midgets and cute pandas.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think we'll ever get an expansion focusing on Gnomes. What may occur instead is an expansion with a theme friendly to Gnome and Goblin lore.

I believe that a Tinker class is inevitable though. Its the only real unexplored fantasy archetype left.

10+ Year Old Account
    A gnome expansion would be awesome but I can almost hear the whining already "first Pandas...now GNOMES?!?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawkesy View Post
    A gnome expansion would be awesome but I can almost hear the whining already "first Pandas...now GNOMES?!?"
    Yeah, it's already started in this thread.

It's a great concept and wouldn't necessarily focus purely on gnomes. They could simply be on the forefront of the Alliance efforts in exploring this new mechanical world and interacting with its races.

To this entire "joke race" business, that term implies that the only purpose of a race is to get a laugh. There are no playable races like that in the current game. I've seen humorous moments tailored to every race in the game, from Booterangs to CSI: Old Blanchy, so if that's all it takes to earn the distinction then the entire game is a joke. And if it isn't, then gnomes, being the victims of genocide and exile as well as the backbone of the Alliance war machine, are hardly all fun and games. Though I'm beginning to believe it's just a catch-all phrase to describe any race the user happens to dislike. If that's the case you should just say that, rather than contaminate the vernacular.

Anyway.

With WoD we've discovered that Blizzard has nothing but curve balls in their expansion arsenal. A world functioning exactly as the Titans left it, with no Curse of Flesh to mutate the robots and constructs, would have a very scifi feel and at the same time fall entirely into the Warcraft universe. Better yet, a planet the Titans are still working on. And there would be no race better suited to introduce us to such an environment than the gnomes, who alone among the stable of Titanic worker races inherited their makers' love of creation. Though for gameplay reasons, goblins would probably have a hand in it as well.

Deleted
    anything about gnomes can only be way to short....

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    To this entire "joke race" business, that term implies that the only purpose of a race is to get a laugh. There are no playable races like that in the current game. I've seen humorous moments tailored to every race in the game, from Booterangs to CSI: Old Blanchy, so if that's all it takes to earn the distinction then the entire game is a joke. And if it isn't, then gnomes, being the victims of genocide and exile as well as the backbone of the Alliance war machine, are hardly all fun and games. Though I'm beginning to believe it's just a catch-all phrase to describe any race the user happens to dislike. If that's the case you should just say that, rather than contaminate the vernacular.
    Then why is no one calling orcs a joke race? Or trolls? Or humans? It's always pink-haired midgets and fluffy pandas. Have you ever seen a gnome influencing the main storyline? No. It would be awkward if a midget with mustache as big as himself, and a sword three times bigger than himself, would decide anything in the story of the game. Regarding pandas, they're only relevant this expansion, and this expansion is over. I don't see Blizzard going Asia-heavy again. Another lolbooze quest or two in a couple of zones, that's about it. We've been through that before with draenei and worgen.
    Last edited by Haven; 2013-12-09 at 11:07 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    There are. Funny pink mustache midgets and cute pandas.
    Neither of those races is in the game for comedic purposes.

Most of it sounds good, but you lost me at Tinker. So tired of this stupid circle-jerk over an uninteresting class that wouldn't make it past concept work.

Same with Demon Hunters.

Talking cows... trolls and goblins... zombies and werewolves... gnomes and dwarves... pandas.

Not sure why people only mention gnomes and pandas as being "jokes". Most of the races in WoW are pretty silly to me.