Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    Then why is no one calling orcs a joke race? Or trolls? Or humans? It's always pink-haired midgets and fluffy pandas. Have you ever seen a gnome influencing the main storyline? No. It would be awkward if a midget with mustache as big as himself, and a sword three times bigger than himself, would decide anything in the story of the game. Regarding pandas, they're only relevant this expansion, and this expansion is over. I don't see Blizzard going Asia-heavy again. Another lolbooze quest or two in a couple of zones, that's about it. We've been through that before with draenei and worgen.
    I dunno, maybe because there isn't a bandwagon for it yet. In any event, go walk up to a midget, a real one, and tell him it would be ridiculous if he was important in any way. Then laugh at him because of his stature. No? Not going to? Well now you know why I summarily dismiss opinions such as the one you excreted here.

  2. #62
    Elemental Lord Haven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky, Russia
    Posts
    8,260
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Neither of those races is in the game for comedic purposes.
    What is their purpose then? Gnomes are meaningless for the story, you could remove them altogether and nothing would change, aside from "kill 1000 gnomes by a rolling ball of fire", "kill a demon that a megalomaniacal gnome warlock summoned to get himself killed", and "save 3 gnomish robotic chickens" quests. WC3 dealt just fine by attributing all technology to dwarves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyyn View Post
    Most of it sounds good, but you lost me at Tinker. So tired of this stupid circle-jerk over an uninteresting class that wouldn't make it past concept work.
    GW2 has an Engineer class working alright. It may be uninteresting to you, but it's highly desirable for some. Technology is the only kind of power that doesn't have a class associated with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Metzenphrenia. As defined in the DSM: "To be so badly written, that it drives the character into insanity." It's symptoms are similar to schizophrenia but even crazier.
    "There are no answers, only choices" - Solaris.

  3. #63
    Scarab Lord Arrashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Box
    Posts
    4,698
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Neither of those races is in the game for comedic purposes.
    Tons of brew jokes and poor asian culture parodies tends to disagree with you.
    Also lets be honest, fempandas are far too kawaii to be taken seriously.

  4. #64
    Elemental Lord Haven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky, Russia
    Posts
    8,260
    Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    I dunno, maybe because there isn't a bandwagon for it yet. In any event, go walk up to a midget, a real one, and tell him it would be ridiculous if he was important in any way. Then laugh at him because of his stature. No? Not going to? Well now you know why I summarily dismiss opinions such as the one you excreted here.
    What does it have to do with real life midgets? I was talking about WoW's megalomaniacal pink-and-green-haired midgets with impossible physiology, who wield weapons bigger than themselves, and 99% of the time invent incredible hi-tech gizmos for the most mundane, pointless purposes, or kill themselves for shits and giggles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Metzenphrenia. As defined in the DSM: "To be so badly written, that it drives the character into insanity." It's symptoms are similar to schizophrenia but even crazier.
    "There are no answers, only choices" - Solaris.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •