Thread: Lvl 60 Twink

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pizzaparty78 View Post
    IS there such thing right now as a private vanilla server? That sounds cool, but I doubt it.
    I think doing some raids with friends will be fun, but if it isnt, at least I get some nice tmog gear lol.

So, I"ll make sure to go through MC, BWL (I'll do the full attunement, I've done it before a couple times, so it shouldn't be too hard), and AQ40, and look at the BMAH. Thanks.
    Yes, I was on twitch a few weeks back , and came across someone running 40man MC on a private server. They essentially cloned whatever files from then, or however it is done, and so it was literally like going back in time, and watching a replay from back in 2005. I also talked to a Best Buy employee for a while about how he played WoW and ran a private server where he could do anything. It is possible to code it so your raid is running through MC as 40 Ragnoroses, fighting 50 gnomes and goblins.

^ woah, that sounds really cool! Is is possible to get into one, make one, etc. ? IS it even legal?

Well afaik it is against Blizzards Terms of Use and you account would probably be banned if they found out. But they most likely wouldn't, I only think the ones getting in trouble would be those running the private server because of copyright, especially if they charge you to play, but usually they don't. Been reading a little and such it seems like wow-one (just google it) is one of the better vanilla private servers. I have not played it myself so can't tell, seen a dude on twitch stream it (don't remember the name, but it was a rogue raiding BWL) and looked a little on their website.